Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pics of gassers??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustumizer, Jan 1, 2004.

1. Algon

Algon

Isn't classification the whole point of the thread? He wanted pictures of Gassers... How else do you describe any car to someone with less than the ability to form a picture their mind should they ask? You can give the year range of manufacture and parts list and a seasoned car guy has a good idea of what you are talking about and the normal appearance of such a build in his mind. A lack of clear classification and is why the kid I talked to today thought my high nosed car was a "Donk" and I had the spoked tractor wheels on the front of it until my 24"s came in.:confused:

If you are referring to my comment on the "Catch me if you Can" car being turned into a street rod its because it is (or was) a real vintage build in nice shape and its a shame to up date such a car... If your buddy owned it you probably know that car was caught on film a few times back " then " and is somewhat known around here. I'm not sure on how much real racing it did but If you want Wilwoods, modern wheels, a cushy seat and limp wristed steering that is your business, just you don't have to kill a car like that to get it. Even as rare a steel Willys panel is at least Ebay the thing to some rich mother and start with one without any history...

As for the Big Block it was at that custom shop in 02, I never really talked to the owner but whoever he was; he did not understand the concept of warming up an engine for the sake of oil pressure before winding it up much less a state of tune on a tunnel ram, either that or he simply didn't care.

2. Artie B

Artie B

3. That Jeg's car is bitchin' .

4. Gearhd69

Gearhd69

As like you I don't know both sides of the story. But I heard there are some people out there who didn't like how that shop did business

As for the the car it started out as a race car build and ended up a street rod in the end. I believe if it hit the track it was not often and probably just for fun. It did make the pages of Hot Rod in 1972. The most changes came in 2002 with an automatic,brakes update,more visable tail lights and steering stablilizer. But before that the biggest changes that were made were probably the wheels and tires. As for posting personal business that happen seven years ago that is nobodys business but the shop owner and the owner of the car. Since then the car was sold and headed to California where the new owner has enjoyed it. I am glad to see it popping up in HAMB threads and Goodguys Gazettes.

That car is truely "BAD ASS"

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009

5. Looks like you pulled the wheels up out of the beam, we won't hold it against you!;):)

6. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Thanks for the kind words but I flat out red lit on that one, .084 red, thats not even close enough to blame it on the wheelie. Plus I've had more than my fair share of a bunch of .00something lights in a row to know when I've screwed up. Worst part that day was the car ran with in 2 hundredths on 4 passes (10.51, 10.50, 10.50 & 10.49), tough to beat when dial in racing unless you put on the BIG RED EYE.:mad:

7. Algon

Algon

While I will never defend much from that shop it is still one of the higher end shops in the area; sad as that fact is, skipping out on your bill is rather lame and the only fault on the shops part was that the car was allowed to leave on trust... It was my point that this is what happens when good cars of this type end up in the wrong hands. Maybe you feel differently, but I really liked that car, and to me its a waste, and every change to it makes it worse, too many good cars have had the same type of fate. Its starts out with a few updates, and all a sudden its a got bright yellow paint and a rack for GoodGuys Gazettes, :rolleyes: lawn chairs and golf hats. Why do think so many of those cars that survived their track days and scourge of rust are still MIA?

As for trying to tell me what my business is or not when I was there first hand, you are not going to get far with that... You are welcome to your opinion, I was stating mine (and facts surrounding what happened to the car nothing more) You are no one to tell me what I can and can not say but I did need a laugh so thanks. If you want to grone at me send me a message, otherwise lets post some pictures to this guys thread and agree to disagree.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  8. FalconEddie1964

FalconEddie1964

Pences Dragstrip, Sidney, Ohio
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. What an awesome looking place!

10. Mac_55

Mac_55

Well thats some of the dumbest logic ive ever heard. THats just like saying " well if its a Model A with a nailhead that was built 40 years ago then its a hotrod , but if it was built last year its a wanna be hotrod.Didnt know that an aarp card doubled as a rod building license.

Heres my " Fake " gasser project.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. That is what I was thinking, and I am in Ohio and don't know where that one is!!!

12. Very well said!

And nice car also, sweet!!

BloodyKnuckles

13. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Here's my real deal 48 Austin gasser I traded for it. Under the black paint is a blue metal flake paint job. I love this crazy little car you sit in the back seat.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's a pictures of a 57 that I built (wish I still had)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. GREAT place for watching/racing! Doesn't appear to be a bad seat anywhere.

15. Hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha:d

16. brandon

brandon

i had a customer of mine bring in some shots of this track....nothing real old as far as the cars went , mostly novas , vegas etc....... you wouldn't have any shots of don guill's ruby tuesday anglia would ya......brandon :D

Attached Files:

17. FalconEddie1964

FalconEddie1964

I'd like to see the old picx you have of this place. Maybe we can meet up this Summer. I talked to you at Newport when you were painting on Stewart's truck and @ the Cincy Cavalcade. Hopefully we'll cross paths. I got more old crap to look thru at home..............
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not a gasser but a modified
    [​IMG]

18. Hey MAC55 I agree totally. A Hot Rod is a Hot Rod just like a Gasser is a Gasser. I don't care when it was built or by who. It is what it is. That guy is grumpy because he's out of fiber so he's full of shit. I could say more but I would just get in trouble with Ryan, again. So let's just enjoy what we do best and ( to coin a phrase ) can't we all just get along? At least these are not rice burners.

19. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Bitchin' Fake Gasser project.LOL!!! Looks like a killer Gasser project to me.:cool:

20. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

The latest progress on my valiant, its a slow crawl but its crawling foward

Attached Files:

21. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Great looking project and dont worry about how long it takes because everything you have done so far looks just right. Nice to see a Mopar gasser to.

Jon

22. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

A few pics of East Coast cars from the NHRA 1970 NED Annual.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. FalconEddie1964

FalconEddie1964

Used to watch that coupe of Harry Luzader's run.

24. bwj

bwj
    from michigan

here's my 40 chevy gasser[​IMG]

25. bwj

bwj
    from michigan

[​IMG] and here's my brother 48 chevy gasser

26. kustoms2

kustoms2

Here is a pic of my Dad's car that I am recreating. Not too high in the air, but still a neat old gasser.
    [​IMG]

27. Neglected Steel

Neglected Steel

Picked this one up for 4 bucks:D

[​IMG]

28. Can that be bought in stores? Hot Wheels or Race Champions??

29. Neglected Steel

Neglected Steel

30. kustumizer

kustumizer
    from Alton,NH

Man, some great stuff here. Thanks Nate