Register now to get rid of these ads!

willowrun dragway choctaw,okla

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by prostreet66cyclone, Mar 12, 2009.

1. hi, new here im looking for pics or info about willowrun dragway in choctaw,oklahoma around 1966 or 67 or info about the superstock class winners.thank you for any help:)

2. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

hello neighbor

willow run is a housing addition now...what a shame.

3. yes i have looked everywhere for some info or pics of this track but have had no luck at all.its about roughly about 35 miles from my house.my friends dad raced there and hes restoring the car he raced would like to find anything about his father when he raced there in 1966/67 he won the 67 superstock class then. that would be good to go with the history of the car.

4. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

go by yort alternator and see jackie moore.he was on jimmy nix crew back then.

5. i have seen that yellow chevelle around town, i had a yellow mach 1 running around before ,now that race gas is real high it dont get drove to often, it is orange in color now but havent brought it to town in a long while

6. i talk to dace about every day,we did a lot of trading cars he got the 68 & 70 mustang fastbacks from me

7. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

8. mow too much

mow too much

Can't remember the date for sure, spring/summer of 69 or 70 there was a big meet held there, a bunch of us went out there in my 63 1/2 Galaxie. My buddy Jessie didn't want to pay to get in :rolleyes: so he got in the trunk, it was hot that day and there was a big crowd, they wound us all around before they parked us, Jessie was pounding on the trunk wanting out, screaming he would pay double, he lost 10 pounds from sweating, he probably would have died :eek: if my car hadn't been white. Hey, we had a great time. and Jessie more than paid for admission with what he spent at the concession stand on drinks. :D

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  9. that sounds like some crazy stuff i did,i never got to go to willowrun but my dad told me about it,been to lots of other track and will go to enis,tx the 21st of this month for pinks. about 10 years ago i had a red 63 1/2 galaxie 500 xl,i should have kept that one. i might be getting a black one,small blk auto,

10. mow too much

mow too much

Prostreet66, Of all the cars I've had it's #1 on my wish I had back list. It was a Galaxie 500 405 horse 406 4 speed, it was white with red bench seat interior. I loved that car it was so nice, Oh well so goes life. Ask your Dad if he was there the day the guy in the 57 Ford took out the Christmas tree.

11. i asked him about the 57 ford but he thinks he was there at another time,he said his car at the time was a black 56 ford hrdt,it is a old car from the aposils (dont know how it is spelled) car club in shawnee i guess in the late 50s or 60s,it has a tube grill,lovered hood,red tuck&roll interior,it was the same car club that had the grape crate 50 or 51 purple mercthat car was 1 1/4 miles from my house at one time but i first seen it at the car musem in shawnee on hwy 177,and also there was reids old 49 or 50 ford customized coupe it was 7 miles from me to.it would been nice to have gotten the merc and the 49 with my dads 56 to have 3 of that old car clubs cars. someone out there must have some old pics of the clubs cars . i did see a pic along time ago of the cars with there owners standing by them but i dont remember who had it ,that would be nice to have a copy well later