Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage PHOTOS: AMERICARNA 2009 In NEW ZEALAND - Second AMAZING Time In A Row! Modem BUSTER!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Here is a pic of that blue and white funny car back when it was sponsored by Camel. I took this in the 70's at Champion Dragway, south of Auckland. It ran a blown big block Chevy. Max Baker was the driver. It was imported from the States with "Midnight Stroker" lettering.

[​IMG]

2. Bentcoupe

Bentcoupe

Yes the guys who ran americarna did a good job,There is more cars here now than when they were new,It was awesum to see them come into Opunake. If any of you wanted to come over we could soon find places to stay......

4. I second that.

Don't mind taking time out to show people around.

5. Kirk!,

Thanks for sharing the photos. It looked like it was the perfect family vacation, and I can't believe how beautiful New Zealand is, especially Opunake.

By the way, how cool is it that a sticker from "The World's Least Important Car Show" made it on to a car, all the way in New Zealand!

6. Terry

Terry

Awesome! you've convinced me KIRK. Gotta get over there. (Hey Bob, you listening?)

And while I got your ear, I loved reading the Billy B piece. Great memories!

7. phukinartie

phukinartie

Very cool! Thanks for the free ride Kirk!

8. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

This picture of your daughter is priceless, what a doll!

Thanks for taking the time to post the pics and tell about your travels. It is great that you not only got to go back but were able to take your family as well. I'm sure the three of you have lots of great memories for years to come.

9. Kramer

Kramer

You must still be tired from the trip:D.

10. KIRK!

KIRK!

Wow! That's pretty sad.

11. NoSurf

NoSurf

Great pics Kirk!

That's awesome you got to bring your girls this time.

12. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

Kirk...YOU ROCK DUDE!!!! Love it all.

13. KIRK! ... very cool ... even better coverage than last year ... it's cliché, but your pics & narrative make it "almost like being there" ... thanks for taking the time to post.

14. ThumperNZ

ThumperNZ

Folks, it's all true! I am a local and I was there.
    Thanks Kirk for being there with your family, the family shots are priceless and it was great to speak briefly with you.
    Your photos sure fill in the gaps of what I didn't see. It was a shame about Saturdays weather nailing the chance for a good crowd take, but all the local feedback was positive so I can see the event growing.
    I am into TriFive Chevys, so I can see you prefer the traditional look, so maybe my 57 Hardtop will be there next year and not our Corvette.

15. KIRK!

KIRK!

Thanks. I just shoot what I see.

16. KIRK!

KIRK!

If you'll be my aunt.

17. hehe thats awesome!:D and so true. lol

18. admiraldave

admiraldave

What mountains were covering the mountains?

19. Your daughter is a beautiful child. Seems like yesterday, my daughters were that age and now they are in their forties. Enjoy your moments with her, they are the essence of life.

20. Them cloudy looking things...........

21. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

Man Mountains.

I could see mount Ruapehu from my home when I was a little kid,and the big thrill was when it smoked..It's an active volcano.

22. KIRK!

KIRK!

I saw a shirt that had the USA labeled as the East Island.

23. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

So what? No photos of the Nitro blender? I suppose that's too OT... Not if you ask breeder.