Register now to get rid of these ads!

does anyone know what this part on my a. compressor is called

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by punkabilly1306, Mar 9, 2009.

1. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

dave that would be great, the closest one to me is 45 minutes away, could you possibly ask how much for that replacement part if you think about it!! man do i miss my air compressor, it sucks not having air...THANK YOU EVERYONE

2. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

As said before it is the UN-Loader ,vents the compressor discharge line so the comp. does not start against tank pressure.

3. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

It is an unloader as noted above...

I knew what it was but I could not think of the name...

My compressor uses a special fitting with a valve core that is normally used in a tire valve stem... It unloads (releases all pressure between the compressor head and the tank) the compressor momentarily at start and stop..

4. Turbo-T

Turbo-T

Several of the guys got it right. That is the unloader valve which vents the line from the pump to the tank to minimize the startup load on the motor.
    If that valve doesn't want to stop blowing after about 30 seconds your problem is a stuck check valve. Follow the big air line from the pump down to the tank. It most likely is attached to a brass fitting. Remove that fitting. It has a check valve in it. I've gotten away with taking it apart and cleaning it.
    If you try to run the compressor without the unloader, you'll run the risk of frying the motor. We replaced one twice before we figured it out.

5. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Back up.. I was gonna hit the store today and look at one like Bob has but instead i did some surfing and plugged in some numbers and found his unit the manuals and the part numbers... Yes it is the unloader and id bet a dollar i cant get it at the local store but it can be ordered from campbell hussfield (spelling)who makes the farmhand compressors.. All links have been sent to bob via a pm.. this should get him back in business..
    Dave

6. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

thank you everyone, i ordered the parts today!!!!! 2nd day air so i should be up and running again soon