Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects What did ya get done this weekend?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MP&C, Mar 8, 2009.

1. MP&C

MP&C

What did everyone get done this weekend? It was a heat wave here on the east coast, 15" of snow last weekend, mid 70's this weekend. Had the shop doors open, even. Here's our progress on the Fairlane drag car. Part of the job done by the frame builder was to cut out the opening for the new, larger, aluminum radiator. This was done with a plasma cutter, and still needed to be cleaned up a bit to straighten the edges. Here Chris is trying his hand at giving the opening in the core support some nice straight edges and radiused corners.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While he was tackling that as well as blocking the bare body to find low spots, I got a couple coats of white sealer on the loose body panels. It's an extra step, but I normally wet sand between this and the red base, prevents little white dots from appearing when you wet sand and buff any imperfections later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After the sealer and guide coat was sprayed, I started fixing some dents while Chris continued sanding.

This was about a 3 to 4 inch diameter bondo repair on the roof. Chris had sanded it out, so I got out the dent puller to try it's magic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A little clean up afterwards with the hammer/dolly, and then a bit of sanding brings it right around......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We had a couple of "issues" left in the drip rail, namely a couple of scattered pin holes in the bottom that I thought I could fill with the mig. The first three went well. The last one, not so much. Here I thought I was done with this stuff!

[​IMG]

These holes were not visible prior to welding the pin hole in the bottom, but once the blue heat travelled up the side it appeared to stop there along the center in a jagged pattern. The trusty ice pick told the tale. I had a "practice" piece left over from my drip rail fabrication, so it came in handy. The damaged area was trimmed out, a replacement cut, and some shrinking done on the Lancaster to match the original.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All dressed up.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

........and back to where I thought I was two hours ago.....!

2. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

B-E-A-utifull weather this weekend. Turned wrenches in the driveway all day saturday na denjoyed the hell out of it.

Got lazy today and took a loooong nap. :p

3. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

nice metal work man....I had these wheels and tires mounted and deep fried some tri-tip today.

[​IMG]

4. i got some work done this weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

I cut out the kick panel on my '50 Chevy PU for replacement. Also got out the broken hinge bolt AND the broken easyout. Fabbed up the top plates for my motor monts.

Also sand blased a pair of wheels.

Sure is nice to run with the shop doors open!

6. :) Didn't hit a friggin' lick Saturday. We had both grandsons today, took them to the park & McDonalds. Doesn't get much better than that, does it?

7. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

It was almost warm up here today (0C, 32F) so I was able to get the interior of my new cargo trailer set up for my new business. Still too damn cold to work on the Essex, though. :-(

8. FONZI

FONZI

We got some primer sprayed on front fenders, frame, engine and suspension pieces. THEN!!!The frame, engine and suspension got sprayed CANDY! The first shot of color to be sprayed. My pal Lance worked his ass off all day Saturday. I had to leave (freakin wedding) so I didn't get to see how the Candy came out. He says it is lookin good!!

FONZI

9. bigbubba

bigbubba

Well i started a new job this week and worked 59 hours in 3 days so when we got off today i slept most of the day

10. I took this frame from this:
    [​IMG]

To this:
    [​IMG]

Also burped the quarter pannel off my roadster body to repair it
    [​IMG]

11. cafekid

cafekid

i worked on my OT car....... 75 porsche 914( i know i know a double no no) but its ok im putting a small block chevy in it. got the radiator installed adn buttoned up today

12. McFly

McFly

Finished the hood sides for my roadster...now I just need to punch them full of louvers!

13. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

i worked on saturday /removed the gastank on the 51 that night and just got home from a threesome of gastronomic delight!! Gorilla BBQ was a hit over in Pacifica followed by a fresh loaf of hot artichoke garlic bread from Arcangeli grocery in Pescadero and then off to Mitchell's ice cream in SF!!!

14. 58custom

58custom

Wow! That's about the tallest T-bolt bubble I've ever seen.

My weekend was spent in off-topic world.
    I pulled the recently rebuilt trans of my Midget, which means I pulled the engine at the same time. I tore the trans down and found first gear to be toast. I tore down another Midget trans for parts and found it to be toast. I decided to show my middle finger to fate and tore down my third and last ribcage trans and it looks decent so I'll rebuild it.
    I also read that epic Harbor Freight Pass/Fail thread and went ahead and bought a 12 ton press. I downloaded a 20% off coupon first. I found that at fatwallet.com.

15. r.s.s.

r.s.s.
    from Alberta

Started on my frame rails. should have perimiter frame after another full day.

16. Cad La Dave

Cad La Dave
    from CA

Went to Famoso on sat for March Meet. Sunday smoked some ribs on the big green egg, watched GF assemble 40 spindles, kingpins, and 32 undroped heavy axle.

17. pigpen

pigpen
    from TX USA

I'm starting another '27 T roadster. Got one of the doors cleaned up this weekend. pigpen

Before.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After a week in the vinegar tank and a little wire brushing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And rebuild the latch.
    [​IMG]

18. Nerd of Nerds

Nerd of Nerds
    from Nebraska

I took the cab, tranny, and front axle off of my 53 F250 frame.

My spare time this week will consist of removing the rear axle and any other bits that would get in the way of the angle grinder. From there it is wire brushing and POR15 :D

19. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I would post but every time i post it's automatically deleted no matter how on topic it is.

20. What???

21. Finished boxing in and covering the holes in my floor where the roll cage connects to the frame.

22. Worked Saturday for my job. Got drunk Saturday night. And hung out with my family Sunday. Need to start cleaning my garage so I can get some stuff done on the weekends like you guys.

23. Got home at 3 last night from running the streets with friends in New Orleans. Woke up and got my radiator mounted for my roadster, along with my windshield. Sadly I cant take pictures, my camera died =/

24. 56Ponchorelli

56Ponchorelli

[​IMG]

Just bought this thing.

25. rougebeats

rougebeats

My bro got one of those scoots for his kid....not so much of a rake on it tho, but still fun.
    I managed to cut the last section of floor out of my 64 olds,and get it prepped to have the floor from a 64 impala put back. I cant wait to get some carpet back in this thing,and not have to worry about pulling a fred flintstone at 70 mph lol

26. 56Ponchorelli

56Ponchorelli

Yea, i'm 22 and this thing is fun for me and the wife. Chinese but built well. Goes up to about 60-70 mph.

I found an original blue streak glass pack that Im throwing on my electra next weekend.

27. Customikes

Customikes
    from SoCal

Straightened up the right qtr and door crash damages, cut out rust areas on qtr/ rocker joint and bottom of the rt ft fender on my buddy Steve's 56 Ford Ranchwagon. :cool:

Assembled tailights, trunk locks and general cleanup after complete paint on my OT SEC. :eek:

Hang time with my girls,

and went to Steve's birthday party. Not a bad week end :D

Mike

www.Customikes.com

28. 69fury

69fury

got the remnants of my old house and shop shoved into the new house and 1 car garage (le sigh) but made up for it by finding a band saw at an auction (more homemade parts for me-ee!)
    [​IMG]

29. DrewDay

DrewDay
    from Austin, Tx

I cleaned and rebuilt the steering box on the econoline

30. Greezer708

Greezer708
    from Mound mn

didn't do anything cool i changed the oil in my ma's SUV ha!