Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy, Pickin up a 48 F-1

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by goathillbob, Mar 2, 2009.

1. goathillbob

goathillbob

Got my hands on a "48" F-1 pickup.
    Want to restore as close to original as I can.
    Need all the help I can get on what was standard on this truck.
    Wellcome all replys from anyone that knows a thing or two.
    I know, you guy's like cars, not trucks. But help me out any way.

2. SMOKINFLATHEAD

SMOKINFLATHEAD
    from SOCAL

You might want to think again about us not liking trucks!:) Best thing to do is posts a few pictures of the truck when you get it. Then we can tell you what you've got and what you need. Use the search and type f1, you'll get a few that have a ton of pictures, * f1 info_;)

3. havi

havi

Welcome, I have a couple 48's myself.

4. Fighter-of-Wars

Fighter-of-Wars

Welcome, and your wrong about us only liking trucks. Many truck guys on here. Heck I'm one of them!

5. goathillbob

goathillbob

Tried the search. There are some nice ones out there. Guess I was wrong bout you guys.
    How do I get some pics on here?

6. goathillbob

goathillbob

Hey Jay,
    I think I go it.
    Thanks for the help.

Alright guys, what have I got here?

Attached Files:

7. axe grinder

axe grinder

Greetings from up the road! bob....what ya got there bob is called a 'labor of love'....Good luck!!!!

8. Looks like a pretty solid old truck. Get it running, safe, and reliable, start driving it and having fun with it and worry about the cosmetics later. I like the '48-'52 F1's a lot, especially the '48-'50 models. Our club gives a survivor plaque for best unrestored original car or truck at our show--I like to call it the "please, Sir, don't restore that truck!" plaque

9. Welcome, Bob, from nearby Maryland. We like trucks here. Post those pics on the main board. You'll get more folks looking at it there and more feedback.....Don.

10. Always room for another truck, especially a F-1. C heck out the Bonus Built group.

11. 64Olds

64Olds

welcome to hamb from ohio, nice solid start :D

cody

12. SMOKINFLATHEAD

SMOKINFLATHEAD
    from SOCAL

Hey, Bob-o, I would take a wire wheel to the steel on that dash and then a bit-o-primer. I see your fender above the wheel well has " THE CANCER " I wrote a thread labeled you down with o.p.p. about the repair of that section. You can find it through my profile. Just get started the reward is in the journey. Have fun. Any questions feel free to ask. Jay.:)