Register now to get rid of these ads!

My dream VW bus - chopped w/blown SBC power!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mighty Mouse, Jan 24, 2006.

1. sergisbadass

sergisbadass
    from Dallas TX

holy balls that is shweet!

2. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Wow. Any youtube video of that thing running???

3. That bus was at our local (Lancaster,NY) nostagia drags one year, just in the show part, not racing it. My girlfriend actualy gave me the go ahead to do a V-8 conversion on her 64 bus, I never thought she would say that to say the least.

4. what I personally find impressive (besides the whole damn Bus) is that he is still using the original Type 2 front end, as evidenced by the wide 5, 5 on 205mm, EMPI reproduction 5 spoke wheels...
    he must have put a TON of caster in it...they didn't handle too well at high speeds with the stock front end...

5. click for video of a Maxton run:

[​IMG]

6. this van is from here in erie. a van without a bed in the back? whatever. a lot of hard work put into it sure, but it doesn't interest me. seen it at cruise ins but never talked to the dude.

7. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

I used to have a '67 Kombi that I hauled band gear in. I came into the club parking lot one night and the brakes failed and I ran into the side of the building. Those walls come up pretty quick when youre sitting on the front bumper.

Must have rattled the club pretty good, as several people stuck thier heads out and I heard one of them holler, "It's just Gordon". LOL

That there would be quite a rush a full throttle.