Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where to buy radiators?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by haymaker, Mar 6, 2009.

1. haymaker

haymaker
    from Enid, OK

Hey guys I need to buy a radiator for my hot rod and am having a hell of a time finding one. Just wondering where everyone else is coming up with them? Any help is greatly appreciated. Dimensions are 22-23'' wide and 19-20'' overall height. Thickness doesn't matter so a 4 core would be great. The fill cap needs to be in the center and lower needs to be on the right. (SBC) Thanks again!

2. Fogger

Fogger

Walker makes the best. The FOGGER

3. customs 4 life

customs 4 life
    from AZUSA CA

check out u.s. radiator they advertise in rod&custom magazine the make radiators for anything.

4. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Your local radiator shop can move the upper inlet from one side to the other on most radiators, like the Falcon/Mustang radiators so often used in hotrods.
    Get the radiator catalog from your local auto parts store (NAPA, Zone, Car Quest, O'Reilly's) and go through using your dimensions and see what you come up with. Those dimensions sound awful close to the 65-66 Falcon/Mustang V8 radiator or the Dodge/Plymouth V8 Demon/Duster/Dart/Twister/Sport/Swinger of the same era.

5. I just had one made for my '56 Ford by an outfit in Gadsden AL. $275 + shipping. A lot cheaper than anyone else I tried to deal with. Good job and good folks. I'm not at home right now but if you do a search you'll see where I posted the info on them.

6. A Chopped Coupe

A Chopped Coupe

7. haymaker

haymaker
    from Enid, OK

Thanks for the advice guys! I am trying to get one from the shop here in town but they are really busy and haven't looked for me yet.

8. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

call acme radiator in okc.they will build you one.

9. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

65 mustang radiator is what I've used in the past, worked awsome...$75 bucks brand new ordered from a local auto parts store....