Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why do T-buckets get no respect?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xlr8, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Some T Buckets rule. Some do not rule. Just like any other old car. It's in the details.

I call shenannigans on this unless we see a rail with a body.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  2. Kramer

Kramer

Are you saying that as a good thing or a bad thing:confused:

I don't consider myself poor by anymeans. I have a desent job that keeps food on the table and shelter over my head. I own my house outright and the only bills I have are the necessities, (power, water, etc.) How ever a T is the only thing I could really afford to build.

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

It's neither a poor man's Hot Rod nor Rich mans Hot Rod.

History states that a Model T body was more important that a '32 Roadster body throughout the history of the lakes. It's small frontal area compared to the '32 was always preferred from an aerodynamic standpoint. Now when we get outside of the lakes and focus on "T Buckets" you will find just how many have taken the Grand National Roadster's AMBR award through the history of the show. That alone should prove it's significance in the Hot Rodding world. It took the same hard earned money to build a T back in the day as it does today.

Do the body fetch as much as other body's. No. But to say that it's any less important or sort of "Second Class" is just plain silly. A poorman's Hot Rod? I think not. I consider it a world class Hot Rod in the truest sense. The price drive on other body styles should not dictate it's significance but more the ability to prove itself time and time again through our history. From Tognotti's to the "Tosion T" back to Grabowski's and Narvarro's, the T Body is the OG in Hot Rodding.

4. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

I have to say i like some T's but not all.I think the T's with the big balloon mickey thompson on the back are hideous.With that said my buddy is buildin a T that i absolutely love.It has Radir Tri rib 3's on it with a 5.60 15 bias plys out front and a 10.00 15 Radir Cheater slicks out back.Small block 350 with an aluminum intake and a vintage speed two dueces adapter.No wild paint a solid metal flake color.Hairpins front and rear and has an early olds rearend and he has done all the work himself.Its not steel but its gorgeous.I also have a friend on here that is soon to be building his T after he finishes his 62 c10 and it will not be an overdone balloon tire freak.

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

He could just buy and save mine and save himself some trouble. :D:D:D

-Radirs...Check!
    -Metal Flake...Check!
    -Old Rear....Well, it's a tri-five so Check!
    -5.60's up front...Check!
    -Rear Cheater Slicks...Check!
    -Hairpins...Check!

Just Kidding. Sounds like it's going to be a cool car. I am getting rid of my Radirs, but I really like them on T's. Just not what I want right now.

[​IMG]

6. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

You've got a 60 ft time of 2.6 & you claim quarter times at 6.78 & no top speed known?
    So- you are saying you can make up 1260 ft in 4.18 seconds?

OMG- that's classic!

For the record- I like T's. Buckets, fads, whatever. As long as they are not built to excess. There are 2 in my neighborhood. The guy behind me has one w/ a tunnel rammed SBC- for the last 10 years- it sits in garage stacked to the rafters w/ boxes of shit.
    The other one- well, I bust his balls all the time. It's show only- a custom painted blown & injected hemi T bucket. His dad has one too & they trailer them together in the longest fuckin' enclosed trailer I've ever seen. He laughed when I told him the trailer was worth more that both T's combined. ;)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  7. They get plenty of respect from me and most people I know.
    A bucket T will turn more heads at a red light than a 50,000 BMW in my neck of the woods. 1909-2009 A Century of Model T Mania!
    Wp

8. Well, since this thread has re-emerged from the depths, I'll wade into the mess. There are so many of the little buggers runnin around, that the law of averages says that only so many will be tasteful, well executed and cool. The rest will range from "just missed the mark" to "WTF were they thinking?". With that said, I don't think you can argue the fun factor with a t-bucket. They are still cooler tan 99.9% of the minivans and Toyotas of the world. Here's mine, in all of it's brass encrusted glory...I don't care if you don't like it!

9. weez

weez

Shown this before, but... I want this one-

Attached Files:

NasT likes this.
  10. cruiserbuddy

cruiserbuddy
    from Germany

I was one of the guys, askin for pics of traditional T buckets (for the strict techical check), cause I build one of my one, not the style from the 60ies, but more like beginning of the 50ies. Okay, its fiberglass, but I dont give a damn, what the people think about that. My purpose was to build a low buck Hot Rod in a country, where its very hard, to get a Hot Rod on the road, and in a country, that doesnt have any Hot Rod history.And low buck meant to me, the body had to be cheap. You guys over there can choose from good steel bodies, but we in good old Germany dont have any other choice than impoting a body,which isnt very cheap.
    So if anyone has pics of good traditional Ts or catalogs of fiberglassbodies from the end 50ies, , please send them to me, I need them for the technical check.

By the way, here is a pic of my project, the Tupperware T:
    [​IMG]

And here is one of my favorite German all steel Ts:
    [​IMG]

11. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

That artwork is perfect Weezner....I should use your colors?

12. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

Nice car jeffrey james, I'd be proud to roll it.

13. Here's mine,built on a no-buck budget (so far way less than 2000 USD). Glass body ,NO friggin Csb and a home-made frame by fellow Framebender and HAMBer Outlaw Bender and myself.Building all I can myself like gear-shifter,pedals,seats and some other stuff that can be made out of junk found in the shop...Will be done... SOMEDAY..................maybe.

[​IMG]

14. fitzee

fitzee

Built mine the way I wanted it not the way someone else thinks it should be.

[​IMG]

15. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

And a fine job you did, it is a very cool bucket of fun.

16. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I wanna build this.....someday.....

[​IMG]

17. DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez
    from Houston

I think he's sayin' zero to sixty in 2.6 and 6.78 in the 1/4 (you'd hafta be in the 1.0's in sixty ft. to put your 2000lb + car in the sixes unless that old wedge chrysler is makin, 3500 hp), but it doesn't matter- claiming a 2000+ pound, street driven t bucket w/ a "70's Big Block Mopar" running in the high 6's is just plain absurd.

Fuckin' absurd.....:confused:

In fact, in the spirit of this sort of claim, I think we should start a new thread: The most ABSURD CLAIM you've heard @ a car show, drag race, cruz night, etc.

And I'll start

18. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I want you to build it also.........very badass!!!!

19. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

20 years ago huh? That weird... I didn't know you could get 2003-2006 Dodge Viper wheels 20 years ago. Just because something "different" can be built, does not necessarily mean it should be built. I'll keep my other comments to myself.

20. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Ummm... You don't really think that 1929 Model A is a T, do you?

21. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

My wording and photo, which you've quoted so well could answer that for you...
    but you're point wasn't really to get an answer? Sorry, the other obvious fact is that I shouldn't be posting in this thread if I can't tell the difference between the two.
    or maybe we can change the topic to Model A's Not Getting Respect. Nah.

Pride swallowed, hat in hand, and bowing out

22. Guitar Guy

Guitar Guy

23. cactus zach

cactus zach

ok ok no one believes me wat ever thats to but expected with how ever many thosands of opinion fly threw this site in one day
    but the honest truth is
    i have no frigge clue how fast it does go considering its got a modded 727 3s speed stock with over drive and a gear vender tail section witch doubles up the gears even in overdrive so really in truth i have 8 gears to mess with i only got threw 4 and i was over the line so she had PLENTY more rpms to fuck with
    and actually the ONLY reason i know how fast it goes is i only tracked it once
    it has no chute and only one single top loop after i was done the run track officials kicked me off for NOT being honest with them
    and she was run very differently that day we ran it on 75% nitro just for kicks
    we dynoed it on pump gas (94 octane) when it made 783hp so really i actually have no idea wat it was makin for power when we pumbed in the nitro meth and messed wit the timing
    as for skins FUCK YA they hook up they are HOOSIER top fuel slicks 22 inches across baby no friggen white wall 10"s for me
    mind you a does have weelie bars to stop me from back flippen
    and right now im actually on a lap top at work (i work on oil rigs) almost 345miles from home for another 2 weeks so all yall gota wait for pics

24. cactus zach

cactus zach

its no "old wedge"
    its a monster
    personaly i can agree with ANYONE i waaaaaaayy over did that motor
    considering after the hybrid mod with some planning and thought it turned into a 512ic engine with aluminm heads and forged gutz and 2 850 double pumps on top of a tunnel ram
    and really knobled cam and all the good shit
    i geuss i should tell you im buy trade a high hp engine builder
    i know i know i just said in my last post i work on the rigs but really for 4 grand stedy per month with no kids or wife wouldn't you fund toys to??

a lil off topic but this is my daily drive
    1988 daytona shelby
    2.2 liter turbo
    arond 450 hp (never dynoed but i did do an in car dyno with a G-tech)
    holset turbo charger offa 5.9 cummins
    30-50 psi of boost depending on how i feel at that moment
    runs the 1/4 in 12.3
    top speed 287 kph (canada sorry)
    check it out
    built her all on my lonesome lol
    www.therealpictures.com/zach

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  25. racerdaddy1

racerdaddy1

Until I read all the input here on Buckets, I would be one to walk right past them at a show or something. Cookie cutter was my impression. As I have been working on my project, I have a new found respect for building my own vehicle. I cant wait to get started on an T bucket or roadster project next. I am not a fan of 70's look. I would lean more towards a stock or dropped I beam axle,minimal chrome, tall,skinny tires. Just my two cents on this topic. Has been a real eye opener to read every post on this thread.

26. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

this belongs in the "most absurd claims you've ever heard" thread

cactus jack sounds like a couple kids I went to highschool with

27. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHH ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaa!
    Your not meant to drink the crude oil! Nitro in a pump gas motor?
    AHHHHH ha ha ha ha ha.
    OMG, what a dumbass! Its fuck wits like you with claims like that, that loose the T Bucket any cred they ever had! Seriously, do you work on a rig or are you just 14 years old?
    I wouldnt believe you if you told me the sky was blue and grass was green.

Hang on, maybe its Germ just sober?
    Doc.

28. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

cactus zach do not lick that cactus.....never mind too late!!

29. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

50 psi of boost huh? does this thing run on alien technology?

30. RichG

RichG

50 PSI of boost? On a 2.2L Dodge? Holy shit, the boys at turbododge.com are gonna laugh their asses off over this one! You would have done so much better if you had just left well enough alone and not responded, but you had to come back and post stuff that makes your first boasts seem mild in comparison.

Hey, maybe that's "Zach's" plan: buffalo us with so much b.s. that we'll start believing his quarter mile speed claims?

Oh, and "Zach"? That p.o.s. isn't a Shelby either...grow up and get a real life bubba, you're digging a hole you may never climb out of...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.