Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 40 Chevy car thread...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tim G, Jan 25, 2009.

1. RAF

RAF
    from MA.

Here is a picture of my 40 Chevy Gasser. It was an original Gasser from the 60's and needed to be completely redone. I now drive it on the street.I have attached an original and restored picture. Bob

Attached Files:

2. Dyce

Dyce

[​IMG]
    That's a cool picture. I would call that low, even by todays standards!!
    Any idea how he dropped it?
    Jeff

3. flyin-t

flyin-t

Not too high tech but he used lowereing blocks front and rear. Fenton, I think it was fenton, use to make little blocks for the fronts that would go in-between the A arms and the coil spring mount that would drop that down. A block about an inch thich would give you a 3 inch drop, or so, and he whacked some coils too. You cand do the same thing with thick walled square tubing. In back he just used big blocks. His best friends dad would make up these real tall blocks, like 6 inches, maybe more, and they'd run those.

4. Dyce

Dyce

Well if he was a Marine he wasn't afraid of a low scrub line:). Thanks for the response. Your Dad's cool....

5. flyin-t

flyin-t

You're right, low scrub lines didn't worry him. He lowered pretty much every car he had but I remember mom drawing a line in the sand when they bought a new '69 Eldo.

2 more shots of dad's '40, one showing off the new interior before paint. He and my uncle, my moms brother, joined the Marines when they were still 16. lol My dad hated school.

6. Tim G

Tim G

Those old photos of your dad's car are really cool, it's easy to forget folks have been customizing cars for so long!

7. Jef,
    i really dig this, thanks for posting these.... and the link to myspace....:D:D just spent past few hours scouring all the shots.:rolleyes:
    tell your mate awesome job, love the roof line and thanks for puting such pictures up for viewing.:cool::cool:

8. Tim G

Tim G

Yeah i've been looking through the pics too, i wouldn't chop a coupe personally but like the sedans chopped or standard. awesom work! :)