Register now to get rid of these ads!

B-e-a utiful

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 64Olds, Mar 4, 2009.

1. 64Olds

64Olds

this is AMAZING,so in my ebay journeys i found this car that i have wanted ever since i was little, i saw christine and thats what started it, but they are so rare the odds of me owning one are very small,. my dream car is what u are about to see, a 1958 plymouth belvedere/fury, either one i would give an arm and a leg for, if only i had the checkbook, i would buy this thing up in a minute, I just wanted to show how well the restoration on this car was done, its beautifully done and precice, just wanted to share with you guys :D one day everyone, one day i will own one as nice as this :D its my goal

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plym...483QQitemZ190289772483QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

2. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

I love those cars but i've often wondered what kinda value/popularity they'd have if it weren't for the movie.

3. 61TBird

61TBird

Da-rool Da-rool!!
    There's 2 Furys on there I'm watching!

I wonder if they'll take my soul in trade.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/04Ui40Bv3KY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/04Ui40Bv3KY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I98L5imvTh4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I98L5imvTh4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  4. 64Olds

64Olds

me too, its kind of a love hate/thing for me, if the movie wouldnt have came out, i could get one probably as easy as any other car haha, but i first saw one watching christine so i dont know if i would have liked them now, The highlight of my carshow adventures was that when goodguys came to columbus ohio, a guy had a fury there that was Mint, it was beautiful, he was cool and told me about it and let me look around and open the doors, extremely cool car, and the guy was nice enough to let me check it out :D

5. 64Olds

64Olds

Omg that is so crazy! im watching christine right now lol, i look up fury and couldnt find anything on ebay, except parts

6. Outlaw Bender

Outlaw Bender

One of the most amazing cars ever made.
    Also on of my favorites even that i'm a chevy guy.
    A friend if mine has a -59 Dodge Kingsway, basicaly the same car, but with a front end from Dodge.
    Built for European market maby?

7. Wicked50

Wicked50

8. DrewDay

DrewDay
    from Austin, Tx

I like that gauge cluster

9. 61TBird

61TBird

search Plymouth Fury and then "highest price first"

10. split51

split51
    from guthrie ok

One of my favorite cars!!!!!!!!!!!

11. I have a 58 Plymouth tudor hdtp. It is a Savoy and looks like Christine when the kid bought her. When I retire ( two years) I want to start on the Ply. I have a 62 Imperial 413 to put in it with a A-833 4spd. The car is white & Black with a White & Black interior like the one in the pic.

OLD HEMI;)

12. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Attention to detail....that is just beautiful.

13. 64Olds

64Olds

it really is socal, that car is gorgeous

14. nice, my brother has been wanting one forever and i found one right round with corner from home so i showed him the yard it was parked in under a wooden carport and he thought he enquire about it last week as a bday present to himself, looks like hell be able to afford it in another 25 years, the yard owner said he wanted 70 large for it but would only go as low as 60! i told him just leave your number and wait for the carport to fall on it. haha

15. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

My #1 dream car since I was 12 years old.

My '58 Red and White Commander HT will be as close as i'll ever get though... oh well!

16. 64Olds

64Olds

is crazy but they are so expensive due to the movie, i hate to fake things out but the only hope for a fury would be to get a belvedere and convert it, but hell i would be happy with a belvedere, maybe if im lucky it would fix itself when i talk to it too :D o well, i aspire to have one one day when i win the mega millions lmao :)

17. Squablow

Squablow

Yeah, that disappointed me too, I had looked at this auction before. All that detail work and then you stick a $5 AutoZone 3 gauge cluster under the dash. The dash has full gauges, there is NO need for that ugly thing to be hanging there.

Beautiful car though.

18. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

always loved those cars.

19. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Before plopping a wad on a car like this I'd sure like to see what it looked like before the restoration. I would also like to see a few pictures of it during the restoration. It's fairly easy to spackle a bunch of bondo over the rust and dents, hose on some hardware store paint and take some sexy pictures of it. I'm not saying this car is clunker, I'm just wonder why the cars posted on internet usually don't have detailed pictures, especially the ones the sellers think are coated in gold and gloat about what a great restoration was done to them. If there was such a meticulous restoration done to it show some pictures of it.

I bought a truck on eBay once and never would again. I was foolish, I didn't have any one go to look at it, although I tried to find someone in the area there just wasn't any one I could find that would go look at for me. If the sellers would post some detailed restoration pictures at least you would know if it would be worth it to pay some one to take a look at it.

20. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

One would hope that is just for insurance. But i definatley see your point. The temp sending unit is also in the engine pic. Kinda deducts some major point on the car ....but it could be removed without any major issues.