Register now to get rid of these ads!

interior..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 64Olds, Feb 26, 2009.

1. 64Olds

64Olds

hey guys, my car is at the bodyshop so time to check out some interior places, ive never done interior and i dont want to do it because this is my first showcar and i dont want to jack it up, that being said, i dont need a PERFECT job, i just want something that looks clean and nice, im 16 so a little limited on cash, just need to find a shop or somethin to do it, im on ohio, preferably i would like to have it local but if push comes to shove i can ship out the seats.

Thanks guys
    Cody

2. BISHOP

BISHOP

You want someone local, that way you can talk to the guy, you don't want to be shipping seats either. Communication is everything when it comes to interior. You need to touch and feel the material. Its not a mail order profession. Just my opinion.

3. tooslow54

tooslow54

You could try seeing if there's a local adult school that offers upholstery classes. Not sure about the age requirements but that's how my parents learned. Ran a succesfull shop for years and did the seats in my Bel Air. Even if you can't officially attend you might be able to "donate" your vehicle for them to learn on. You won't get a $5,000 job, but it sounds like that's not what you're looking for anyway.

4. phukinartie

phukinartie

Have you been on 442.com? they have plenty of links to people that sell interior kits
    you can do or a shop near you can install

5. BISHOP

BISHOP

Your right, I have seen some kits that are nice, straight forward, you can do those yourself. If you dont want alot of custome stuff, I think this is the perfect deal.

6. Squablow

Squablow

For the Cutlass and 442 I've seen stuff, but he has a Starfire. Does anyone make stuff for the Starfire?

Interiors can get pricey real fast, so if your headliner is good, keep it, and put your own carpets in (you can buy them pre-molded and they're not hard to install). What do your door panels look like? Post pics, you might be able to rebuild them yourself. Then you're just left with the seats to do, but even just a set of seats could cost you a grand to reupholster. How much do you have in the budget?

7. phukinartie

phukinartie

I just looked, not real close but 442.com likes the bigger olds cars too they have sections for 88's 98's and such I know starfires are in the middle of cutlass and 88's but i think the interior is cutlass these guys also have Qand A threads like here and its helped me so check em out

8. 64Olds

64Olds

ok pics, the backseat is fine but i added a pic anyway, the door panels dont need done either, but the front seats and carpet however are a tad hashed lol so here ya go :) thx for the help so far guys :D

backseat. aint it purty?
    DSCF1497.JPG

DSCF1671.JPG

DSCF1672.JPG

DSCF1673.JPG

9. 64Olds

64Olds

max price i would pay is like 700 i guess, i just dont wanna drop a grand in seats if ya know what im sayin. but everything else is done excpet body and interior, motor is rebuilt, i gotta do all the normal stuff too, brakes and such, the car is going back original so ya know :D

10. ardunpinto

ardunpinto
    from WACO tx

Start googling there are a lot of repopers out there. I do upholstery for a living and when someone wants something orignal its cheaper to order it. the door panels come ready to pop on, sometimes you have to put the chrome on them. Seat covers are a little harder but on a budget its amazing what you can learn how to do. try year one or like i said google it something will pop up. And rember gm dont waste anything alot of chevy and buick stuff are exactly the same, so if they aint got no olds cross it over to a pont,buick or chevy.

11. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

You should be able to get reproduction vinyl to match your interior, and then find a local shop to rebuild the front seat covers - they should be able to save the back and side parts that are still good, and sew in new panels. SMS in Oregon can fix you up, they sell the vinyl by the yard. They also sell reproduction door panels that are really nice, although they aren't cheap. http://www.smsautofabrics.com/ Try ACC for carpet. http://www.accmats.com/

12. Squablow

Squablow

If someone makes repop upholstery for those front seats, you'll be set, but if you have to get them custom made, that $700 is going to be gone fast. You can get carpet sets to replace your carpets yourself, they're usually about $150, and the rest of your interior looks good.

13. 64Olds

64Olds

thanks everyone for your help :D

14. 64Olds

64Olds

okey dokey, i got the original seat vinyl, im so scared to do it on my own so im still looking for someone to recover the seats lol