Register now to get rid of these ads!

Post Up pic's of "The One That Got Away"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JESSEJAMES, Apr 16, 2008.

1. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

A friend of mine just bought one of these sedan deliverys with windows! Wonder if it could be the same one. Any distinguishing features that would indicate it could have been yours?

2. Jim N

Jim N

I don't even have a picture of it, but I had a 57 Chevy 210 sedan, kelly green with Cragar mags and .30 over 283 with Powerglide when I was in high school (1974). Got rid of it when repairs became too much for a high schooler's budget, now I would love to find it again. Does this car sound familiar to anyone in Central Florida area (Polk County)?

3. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

one of many regrets

Attached Files:

4. I also had a 57 210 2door wagon, that never got farther than me. I picked it up a gutted shell for $200. It was an old drag car with a camaro subframe, ford 9" and a glass nose. I picked up a 79 camaro with a 250 six/auto and combined the two, wireing, seats, Brakes, whatever was needed. I even made the side trim out of that plastic wood baseboard trim that I bought from menards and painted silver. This was a great car that I had a lot of fun driving for a few years, but the cargo area was rotting out badly and only getting worse. The body was gonna collapse over the frame. I was under pressure to get rid of one of too many cars so I tried selling it but found not one DECENT buyer who wanted it. Therefore I parted it out for myself, saving the front end, doors, Windows, roof, dash, and rear clip to make a couch out of. Then I donated the complete subframe with the motor and trans to my old high school shop class. I'm sure I don't have too tell anyone how much I wish I still had this 57' in one piece but this was many moons before I had a clue to what e-bay was and once I found out what real junk actually sells for on there. I've been kicking myself ever since.

Attached Files:

5. Brentdlots

Brentdlots
    from California

A '34 Ford sedan delivery - Used to have a picture of it but don't know where - I was 15, my older brother tried to buy for me for about a year from a guy who was using it as a chicken coop to no avail. The last time he went by the guy had died and his widow gave it to us. Not having the money to build it (fenders and running gear were gone) I stashed it at a friend's grandfather's ranch with some of his old cars. My friend went off to Viet Nam; while he was gone unbeknownst to me his grandpa died and the family had a junk man come clean up the old place.

Then there was the 67 Plymouth Satellite convertible hemi car that I bought (sans engine) in about 1970 to use the black interior in a Coronet I had at the time. The hulk (nothing cool about convertibles in those days) laid around for a while, the wife (es-wife, lol) was bitching about it so I gave it to a stock car racer and helped him cut the quarter panels and cowl off and haul the rest to the masher. (sigh)

6. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Back in the early '60's I had a '36 Plymouth Coupe with a 292 Ford Y-Block and a beefed up Merc-O-Matic, 4-11 possi... that thing cooked! I had a Ed Roth painted Rat Fink doll sitting in the back window..... OH BOY Was I COOL!
    Would like to have it both back.

7. 32 Barn Car

32 Barn Car
    from Oregon

I've got 3 that I'd like back . #1..... LO BUCK , one of "The Most Significant '32 Ford Hot Rods" , #2.... AC COBRA #CSX 2549 and #3......an original 330 GTC Ferrari............Z.D.

Attached Files:

8. titus

titus

Sick cause it should have been put back to the way it was in the magazine, man that sucks.

im seriously sad to hear this news, the car made it that long not getting fucked up or changed.

JEFF

9. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

I agree! In these days of "preservation" I can't believe people are still cutting up old rods with a history. I sure he could have found a coupe with no history to cut up into one of his " Hot Wheels looking creations"!

10. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

The one that got away from me was recently found in the basement of the Trump Hotel ... The trunk was stuffed with 600 undelivered issues of Garage Magazine

11. Kerry67

Kerry67

No picture, but I lost a 70 Superbird because I did not flash the money. Original, unrestored, ran and drove (although rough), they guy sold it for 10K........Should have flashed the $$$ in his face.

12. Nuke-at-nite

Nuke-at-nite

I sold my 1931 Ford, 5-window coupe for $650. That was with the injected 354 Hemi and Muncie 4-speed. See the 'awesome 60's drag car' thread.

13. D.R.Smith

D.R.Smith

The BMW and Dodge are both gone.

Attached Files:

14. 231ramona

231ramona

Here are a couple of old pictures of the coupe. The first is 1964 shortly before the R&C rod test and the other is when I bought it. Dig that interior!

Attached Files:

15. 1951bomber

1951bomber
    from atwater Ca

not the bmw y did u get rid of that

16. BianchiCorp

BianchiCorp
    from East coast

231ramona, its Randy Bianchi i am currently working on the car in my shop, i am very very very interested in talking to you about the car. please contact me when you get a chance. i will pm you my contact info.

Thanks Randy Bianchi

17. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

I have a list of "kickin' myself" cars as long as my...well, it's a long list. But my biggest regret is when my buddy, Ralph Clark, bought the absolute nicest '32 three window body I have ever seen from a guy who owned a lumber yard in southern Arizona. It was about '81 and he paid $1,000 for it. There wasn't one ding, one dent or one spot of rust anywhere on the body, it was truly perfect. Next to the deuce body was a '34 three-window body the guy wanted $600 for. It was a bit rougher, but still, when's the last time you saw a three window body for that kinda money? Sadly, I didn't have the funds then and have kicked myself often for not doing whatever it took to scrape up the money.

18. D.SCOTT

D.SCOTT

this car saw such good times and so many miles. but it was the first, and i knew i could do better

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  19. themadone

themadone
    from Pekin IN

58 Fairlane My first wife wanted it in the divorce , I didn't argure because I was keeping the harley , model A and all my tools. What she didn't realize was that car was in the middle of a rebuild so all she really got was a shell , I took all the good stuff with me. She held on to it for a couple years then probably gave it away. That car was sweet though , I would like to have it back. That was about 10 years ago in Decatur IL , if anyone knows about that car let me know.
    Thanks

20. Here's a couple shots of my 59 Buick Electra. I had to sell it to fund the truck fees to get my rusty 60 Invicta convertible from North Dakota to Arizona. I am such an ass. That 59 was perfect (except for the hood) it even had a .030 over rebuilt 401:rolleyes:, It would have been a badass hot rod. It went to NYC to save a 59 vert. The guy only wanted the rear quarters which were perfect. Maybe one day I will learn
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. havi

havi

After reading 14 pages of sadness, I feel grateful I still have my first. I feel for some of ya though. History is history.

Now if I could find my dad's '71 Barracuda G.C. on the other hand.

22. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

ah this is depressing. MY 62 Comet, 64 Fairlane Sport coupe Tbolt replica and my 65 Stang.
    I found pics of the 62 and the 64 today....Oh well.

23. RoadsterRod1930

RoadsterRod1930
    from NEPA

color? candy apple i presume? where you there in paint. what color base? man that color is so vibrant

24. Well I still have not figured out the picture post deal, I'm still figuring out my cell phone, I guess I'll get my 10 year old to show me! Anyway, my favorite wantembacks are my 57' Nomad, 55' 150 2-door wagon, 62' corvettes, 59' GMC 4x4 Napco, 65' tri-power 4-spd GTO, 57' Panel, 65' Nova SS V-8 4-spd AC, 55' GMC, and my monster truck chassis! The Md. lottery is up to over 200 million this week, Hmmmmm.....:D

25. Good luck with the lottery!! I was born In Silver Spring Md:D

26. modrod

modrod

Missed this one on Ebay. 98b6_3.jpg

27. JESSEJAMES

JESSEJAMES

Yep Same truck!......

28. JESSEJAMES

JESSEJAMES

I still have the Fiat. I'm shipping it to Austin to work on it.....

29. olskoolspeed

olskoolspeed
    from Ohio

I'd like to have my '54 Chevy Delray (2dr htp) back. I bought it when I was still in high school - a long, long time ago. I never should have sold it.

30. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

'49 Chevy business coupe in 1964. Three on the tree, Earl Shibe "desert gold", Cadillac front seat, no grill, 9:80's on the back 5:60's on the front, push button radio held on Rock station with a toothpick!