Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rooms for the Knoxville NSRA Nationsal South?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TAYLOR, Mar 1, 2009.

1. TAYLOR

TAYLOR
    from DALLAS,GA.

This will be my first visit to the NSRA national south in Knoxville. Where is a best place to get a room that is close to the park ? Thanks

2. PHQ2

PHQ2

If it were me I would look elsewhere, that is not the best side of town. All of the newest Motels are on the other side of town near Lovell Rd or you could go toward Sevierville to Strawberry Plains. Strawberry is not that far of a drive. There is a Cracker Barrel and an Outback Steakhouse there.

3. TAYLOR

TAYLOR
    from DALLAS,GA.

Ok, thanks for the reply

4. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

We use to stay about 10 miles from town, it was the original host hotel. Alot of folks stay out a fwe minutes out on the main freeway (I know over the past few yrs the east side of Knoxville was growing in number of people staying

5. This is a good option. Easy in & out off I-40 & not a bunch of the traffic you'll run into most anywhere else. Nice hotels there & a few good resturants. Of course, the other choice would be at exit 373 off I-40 @ Turkey Creek. Your wife would appreciate the shopping. Great resturants there too.

JH

6. ratster

ratster

you can get a room in Dandridge, it's about 20 min away on the east side, i'd stay away of the west side, 1-40 is a mess just west of Nats South

7. Customs&Color

Customs&Color

Strawberry plains is a good place to stay. Everything is pretty new and clean. It's real convenient to the fairgrounds and the restaurant selection is not too bad either.

8. chilimac

chilimac

There are a ton of hotels by the airport in Alcoa with alot of resturants close by.I 40 is jacked up so the easiest way to Chilhowie is from Strawplains/ Seviereville.

9. TAYLOR

TAYLOR
    from DALLAS,GA.

Thanks for all the replys, now I'll see if there are any room's left.

10. chopped

chopped

How's that ten year road construction project coming along?

11. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Good advice, Strawberry Plains exit. I've stayed there the last three years. Also there this past weekend.

Heres just a few options: Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, Econo Lodge, Comfort Suites, Laquinta, Quality Inn, Motel 6, and a few I can't remember.

Outback, Ruby Tuesday, Waffle House, Cracker Barrel along with the usual fast food joints.

Your about five-ten minutes from the show.:D

12. We have a room at the Econo lodge on Merchants Blvd.lots of motels in that area and places to eat. HRP

13. Gator

Gator

We always stay in the Smokey mountains / Gatlinburg - I know the traffic sucks but it keeps the wife happy. My daughter's a student at UT Knoxville so while I'm at the show they usually pass the time shopping (like Harrison said) then we all cruise out to the Smokies.

Makes for a nice family weekend.

14. Orange Crate

Orange Crate

Strawberry Plains is your best bet but be prepared for $100 plus a night.......

15. vert1940

vert1940

we stay at merchants drive also....had tried for years to get back to strawberry plains, but it was always booked.