Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Local Hot Rodder passes,Mike Canipe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cruzr, Feb 9, 2009.

1. cruzr

cruzr

Mike Canipe passed away from liver cancer. I went to high school with Mike and was shocked when i got the news. He had Hot Rodded most of his life and owned some very bitchen cars. He also was one hellofa musician,touring with John Fogerty for a number of years. He played some local events with his Band the Flying Crowbars. His son Ridge Canipe is a budding movie star,his most prominent role was in "Walk the Line" as the young Johnny Cash. Mike will be missed,and my condolences to his family.

Attached Files:

2. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

Didn't know him, but sorry for your loss.

3. cruzr

cruzr

Mike had played and sang with John Fogerty, Nicky Hopkins, Jack Bruce, The Dirty Knobs (Mike Campbell and Jason Sinay) , The New Flying Crowbar (Marc Ford, Rick Rosas, Phil Jones) and many more.

4. 32gal

32gal
    from The OC

I met Mike last year at the C.A.R.E. car show in San Juan Capistrano. A neat guy and had a great voice, very talented. You could tell he toured professionally.

RIP Mike

5. Jim Hos

Jim Hos

My name is Jim. Mike was one of my best friends and brother for 35 years. I'm the God Father to his daughter Chantel. There was nobody cooler than "Pipes" as we called him. We are going to have a fundraiser benefit concert for Mike Canipe"s family, Marcie, Chantel & Ridge Canipe in Dana Pt. or Laguna as soon as we get the musicians together and secure a venue. I will post the info as soon as I get it. Stay tuned....
    Jim Hos

6. cruzr

cruzr

Jim .....pm me with details please. I ve known Mike since High School{Anaheim High} Also give Marci my condolences!

7. Sapper1371

Sapper1371
    from Colorado

I worked at the Motorcycle shop next to Family Classic Cars. Pipes was indeed one cool cat. He cracked me up. He had a way of making me remember what he said verbatum, fun guy. He will be sorely missed. I live in CO now, but I wish I could make Mondays (march 2) Memorial Benefit Concert at Dana Point. Hope all the locals down there can get down there, remember his music and help his family out. My heart goes to all those who miss him!

8. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

9. Slammedf100

Slammedf100

we bought mikes 52 olds last year and he was a hell of a nice guy. sorry too hear that he passed away our condolences go out to his family and friends.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  10. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

WTF.... you joking me!!! why didnt i know this!!

11. Randy, I'm sorry for your loss and our thoughts and prayers are with Mike's family. Unfortunately, I've lost a few good friends over the years as well. It never get's any easier and I can't tell you how many times I catch myself saying "man I wish my pal was still around for this or that". Focus on the memories and stay close to the families left behind. You'll find that your "stories" and recollections will help them a great deal as well. Hang in there pal.

12. jouli

jouli
    from new york

<table x:str="" style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 54pt;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="72"><col style="width: 54pt;" width="72"><tr style="height: 14.25pt;" height="19"> <td style="height: 14.25pt; width: 54pt;" height="19" width="72">I read your post and totally agree with you.Its nice sharing.web sites are source of information and this is one of them I book mark it and mail all of my friends to must check it.</td> </tr></table>

13. Markita canipe

Markita canipe
    from Texas

Hey Jim
    My name is Markita Canipe , Mike was my uncle unfortainly I never got the chance to meet him . Which I was very excited to find out he was into musc and for that matter singing . I love singing and I was hoping to fly out there and meet him .... I just finally found info about him and lead me to this website . I am trying to reach his brother Anthony, sorry to come out of the blue at this time , I have just been searching for him for so long .