Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford transmission I.D. help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Psycho_hooligan, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Psycho_hooligan

Psycho_hooligan
    from Sonoma

i got this ford trans from a friend who got it from a friend who got it from a shop where it came out of a ford car. great. I need a transmission for my f100 and this is a standard w/ overdrive. exctly what i wanted, but, here's my problem. i don know what this is. i don't know if it will work. it looks like it will bolt right in, but i don't know what it is!!!!

HELP!

The only lettering on the casing are as follow:
    W.O. DIV
    TB 88-M8

on the tail it has a big relay for the overdrive infront of the speedo cable on the driver side, then just behind that there is another small relay and access point (almost identicle to the two previous only about 1/4 the size) on the passenger side... i'm totaly lost. the gearbox looks like a c6 but the tail looks like a borg. w.

any idea?!?!?!?

any help will do.

2. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

Who gives a shit what it is if it will fit!! By the way I think that is WG Div. rather than WO . WG is Warner Gear.

3. Psycho_hooligan

Psycho_hooligan
    from Sonoma

true true, and thank you for that.

ok, so my fear was overpowering it. should i just say screw it and toss it in, if it goes it goes?

4. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

Check the input shaft. If there diffence you will have to change the clutch. Other then that is should bolt in.

5. bruce hylton

bruce hylton
    from toledo wa

I have to jump in here. I am a Ford fan. But since when did any ford just bolt in?

6. Photography is your friend.. it sounds like a 50's OD trans
    They all do not "just bolt in"

Although the same clutch disc spline pattern was used for many years, and different applications.

7. Psycho_hooligan

Psycho_hooligan
    from Sonoma

mwahaha it's a t85 and looks like it will bolt in. but ya, needs a difrent clutch.

thank you all