Register now to get rid of these ads!

BAD - Streamline deletes thread after I posted honest comments? sad.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by canigo, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Nope, and you can only edit your posts for one week. After that, no more editing. Trust me, I've tried to edit my adventure posts once I found out someone's name of other important details. No luck after 7 days.

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Actually, I think that's all very buggy... sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Who the hell runs this web site? Dude needs to pull his head out. :)

3. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

So why should you have to live up to buying something when they did not live up to the delivery? I do not believe that would ever make that stick if it went before a judge.

4. This is all bad comunication!! If all your facts are correct and the body has not been started you need to spend the time talking to the guy that owns Streamline instead of MFing him. No reputable company would pull something like this. There are ALWAYS two sides to every story. You should put a bigger effort into talking with the owner and I'm sure he will work with you.

5. doctorZ

doctorZ

i have never personally dealt with streamline in the past, but i do work for a retailer who is a dealer for brookville and have had a great deal of experience working dierectly with them.
    the first thing that caught my attention was the quote for 6 weeks delivery time. when we sell bodies, i always quote 6 months unless it is being picked up at a show. it is usually a month or two less, but that way i can cover my ass. a key piece though, and this just might be for us, is that even after a PO is placed, brookville won't charge us until the item(s) are ready to ship. if a customer wants to cancel a dropship, and they have in the past, i have never had any problems doing this.
    -drZ

6. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

I'll say Brookville is not the problem as well, I have delt with them many times and never had a problem , and have always gone out of their way to help. I can't say anything about Streamline but a deposit I can understand but full payment??

7. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

The only real issue is whether you have paid and how. They have missed two or more delivery dates, and there is no way in hell they could collect if you canceled.
    If you paid with plastic, you can just kill it right there.
    If they have your cash, however, righteousness is on your side but actual recovery will take serious work and expense if they are uncooperative.

8. I don't know if the situation is the same, but last year at the Street Ros Nats a friend wanted to buy a 32 roadster body from Brookville. He went to their booth told them what he wanted and they directed him to one of their dealers. Brookville told him he could buy it cheaper through one of their dealers. I'm sure Brookville sells to its dealers for less depending to the volume of bodies that dealer is able to sell. My friend did buy a roadster body for less than what it would have been from Brookville and the dealer gave him 10% off anything else he needed for his project for a year.

9. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

strange?

i completely edited out something i did over 10 months ago..(wrong picture i posted and text too)...huh

10. I've never dealt with Brookville but have several friends who have purchased from them and have done nothing but rave about them...deal direct whenever you can as it will eliminate at least one set of excuses and doesn't allow somebody to pass the blame

11. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I've been dealing with Brookville since they were in a small shop in downtown Brookville, Ohio. I was dealing with Ray back then as Kenny wasn't even out of high school. Since then this company has grown many fold times by turning out a quality product and establishing a stellar business reputation. I would be greatly surprised if Brookville has anything to do with your situation, they have always been above board with any dealings I have had with them.

Frank

12. canigo

canigo

thanks again guys. I did talk to Brookville, they were unaware of any desire to cancel the order, and it must be dealt with through the dealer, Streamline...

I left another message again for Todd @ Streamline.

I just got off the phone with Visa, they will be disputing the charge, obviously Streamline had no desire to mess with me...

-c

13. Chopped Tudor

Chopped Tudor
    from DETROIT

For the record Mr. Andrews was never told the order would be canceled. When the order was first placed he was told it was not in stock and it could take a few months to be built.{He was more than happy with the time frame} Also that this was a Special Srder and it was not refundable. Mr. Andrews was fine with that and he was fine with the discount we gave him! The order was placed right away to Brookville and they had told us it would not be done until August! We told Brookville that was way to long and they had told us they had a lot of projects for the Roadster Show and that the build would be started after the show. We called Mr. Andrews and told him what Brookville told us and he was still ok with it. So in fact we did go to bat for him. Mr. Andrews called about a week and a half ago stating he wanted to cancel his order and that he had already bought another roadster pick up body from another dealer that had one in stock. I told him I would see what I could do for him. I called back in about 20 minutes and told him the build had already been started and brookville would not cancel the order. I did apologize for the inconvenience but also reminded him that is was a Non-Refundable Special Order. Brookville had told me that it would be done in 2 weeks and be at his door within 3 weeks. Mr. Andrews hung up on me and I called him back and tried to reason with him but there was no reasoning with him. Mr.Andrews told me to ship it out to him and he would take it, but he was not happy, so I left it at that. I had posted a "thread" stating that Streamline will be at the Detroit Autorama and that we were offering H.A.M.B. discounts as we have for years. I invited all to stop by to see us because we would be more than happy to help all H.A.M.B. Members. Mr. Andrews posted a reply about how he was treated and that he was mad that he could not be refunded on a non refundable item. Our store manager Race then called Mr.Andrews to try and resolve the issue and there was nothing that we could offer that would satisfy Mr. Andrews. We have been in constant contact with Rick at Brookville Roadster and as of today he has promised the Body is being built and is on Schedule. We here at Streamline feel we have done EVERYTHING possible to fulfill Mr. Andrews order within the time frame given. I think that a special ordered body to be delivered in under 15 weeks is more than good. We always take pride in our Service and try to ensure a happy customer everytime contrary to what a few may believe.

14. Daddyfink

Daddyfink

The Plot Thickens!

Having worked in the Auto Parts industry I know that Special Orders are usually always non-refundable. Especially custom ordered items.

Always read the fine print and ask questions, because you never know!

15. dirybyrd

dirybyrd

Sounds like the "Runaround"

16. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

I don't accept the excuse that they were TOO busy gettting ready for the GNRS to get started on your order. You don't TAKE orders when you're too busy. This is poor business practice. Customers appreciate honesty and despise wishy-washy excuses. Streamline should have handled this better - you're THEIR customer, and they should have either insisted the order be filled.

dj

17. Chopped Tudor

Chopped Tudor
    from DETROIT

"Ironic you mention Eric and Todd in the same post. It was Todd that fucked Eric out of VintageAutoParts (the Vap in VAPhead) and the reason so many of us will order from Eric(Vaphead) and say fuck Streamline."

HEY TMAN WHEN DID ERIC EVER OWN VINTAGE AUTO PARTS?

18. canigo

canigo

Chopped Tudor, I appreciate your desire to help in the situation, but I called to cancel this order before Brookville was working on it, you even said in your return call to me that "they decided to get their butt in gear and work on it," yes you were apologetic, but the problem still remains that it COULD be cancelled before they did any work to it if Streamline had really attempted to, and it WOULD free them up to work on the next back-logged car. Seems to me the biggest issue here is from Streamline not WANTING to cancel an order or refund the money.

That is fine with me, I will let my CC company follow up as they desire. I don't want the body, don't need it any longer, but if I do end up with it in my lap, I'll build another car, can't complain about that too much, but I certainly do know where I will not be spending any more of my shop or personal money, I think you might know too, and even better, others can now read this thread and findd out for themselves what they could end up dealing with...

-c

19. Chopped Tudor

Chopped Tudor
    from DETROIT

It could not have been canceled, it was a special order item. You were told that from the start and you were fine with that.

20. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

On the flip side, I had an accident in my 40 and bought approx $2k worth of stuff from Streamline and was treated very well. I even brought some stuff back that I did not need and again, was treated very well. I feel bad for both parties involved. just my two cents!

21. Brentdlots

Brentdlots
    from California

Man. I'm glad I only buy real bodies. That way I can pick them up at the time I buy them and not have to wait. Seems like ordering the counterfeit ones is a pain in the butt.

22. scarylarry

scarylarry

I'm just wondering why a special order item could not be canceled if it has never been started? BUT it seems it WAS stated that it could not be canceled up front though...hmmm, weird situation. Seems if it was not in process of being built, canceling would not be a big deal. Maybe charge 10 % or something and end it.

23. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

I just have to ask this and i asked once befor e and never got an answer.. Hamb discounts from Streamline and i dont see them listed in the hamb alliance vendor list ?
    I saw the big sign at kzoo one year and after i did the math on 2 fingers it was bull shit...
    Sorry but my take on the hamb discount shit..
    Dave

24. Stick004

Stick004
    from Missouri

Best of luck to both of you. It is a crappy position to be in.

At what point do we forget about "company policy" and satsify the customer. Was it Brookeville that has the "S/O no-cancel" policy or Streamline? If it is Streamline, than possibly "looking the other way" and dropping the $11,000 order to keep a return customer should have been the better route. If it was Brookeville, then I'm not sure. I would hope the Streamline would do all possible to cancel the order if it had not been started. Even if it meant calling the owner of Brookeville. If it was started....

Well, It all gets pretty deep pretty fast in this world.

I'm just going to file this in the "can't keep everybody happy all of the time" basket.

25. Spike!

Spike!

I like how people can play with 11K and its no big deal if they have to eat it. I would be fightin' over 20 bucks...but I'm just a poor old bastard. Its fun to watch rich people fight.

Spike

26. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

Hey Lookit!
    You must be psychic or somethin Mains. You were right.

Back to work on "The Butter Barge":D (worst automotive nickname ever.)
    or "'Ol Yeller" (probably not the best, but better than butter. Parkay!)

Man. It got hot today.....

27. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Thats what I'm thinkin, lol.

Seems to me like the customer fucked himself, realized he fucked himself, and then softly left out some details about how he had fucked himself when posting on the HAMB trying to gain support to fuck the company that really didn't do anything wrong. That does of course completely hinder on whether or not this statement is true.

28. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

I think what the man is saying is he wants delivery and now he found it quicker so he will still take the other one.. and yup its a paint in the ass but ..
    I coulda thought that way untill 3 weeks ago when i lost my job because of assholes and piss poor management :)... Now i dont have a job and although im not broke i envy this guy :)... Ha ha.. And that doesnt mean he is rich either.. Yup ill take em both and fuck you very much :) I like him...
    Dave

29. Brentdlots

Brentdlots
    from California

That's kinda what I was thinking, it's like waaaaa - waaa, I changed my mind, gimme my money back. Or so it appears to me.

30. dirybyrd

dirybyrd

Not takin side's but...................Streamline should be fucking pissed off at Brookeville for talking with their (SL) customer.....Its like Joe selling a motor to Bob, who sells it to Fred......then Fred turns around and calls Joe to see how much he sold motor to Bob for........Then Fred getting mad Bob for price increase................Point is, none of Brookeville's buisness to talk to Streamline"s customer direct...............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.