Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 23T *pics*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by minchione, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Yes, ive never seen anything like that before either.

I made the bucket seats and then had them upholstered

Sorry i took the pics this morn with the bberry but it was a bit dark, ooooppps!

2. Thanks again for all the comments guys, I really appreciate them.

3. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

First off I want to say the car is really starting to shape, and it's a cool ride.

As far as using the small block Chevrolet- why not? It's true that a lot of people run them, but there's a reason for that. It's a cheap, reliable motor that can put out a lot of power for the money. I think the decision on what motor to run really decides on what you're building the car for. If you're going to a lot of shows, a small-block Chevy isn't really going to stick out of the crowd, but I doubt that's why you're building the car. If you're building it to go drive around and have fun in, then the SBC is a perfectly fine choice. If you think about it, the average person has no idea what the car is anyway, so it's not like they're going to be sitting in their Honda Civic's, etc saying, "Oh my God, I can't believe he's using a small-block Chevy motor in a hot rod, doesn't he know that's overdone?!" My point is that no one on the street is going to know what in the world you're driving anyway. And if you're driving around with other hot rodders, you can't deny speed. That motor in a 1,400lb. car is a weapon.

So, to sum that all up, drive what you want. If you're trying to be different, it's probably not the best choice, but if you're going to have fun (on the cheap!) then it's a very suitable choice. Ditch the automatic either way, though.

4. Thanks alot for the comments, your're right i am just building it to drive the snot out of it and using a sbc is a good choice in my eyes as well. At least if i need to replace something i can go right up to the counter and chances are they will have what i want. As for the manual, I also agree but there is so little room for the third pedal, i dont see any way of making it fit in there.

5. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Yeah, those T's can be pretty tight. I just think it would be a lot more fun to drive if it were a three-speed. Or a four-speed. :D

If you do want to look into it, I'd ask the guys who have built T's, that know how to be sneaky and fit that third pedal in there. There's a lot of guys on here that could help you.

I've also only heard good things from those T Bucketeers. You might try asking them.

6. thanks again will check it out.

7. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Glad to be of help. Good luck with the build, be sure to keep us posted on the progress.

8. Hey guys and gals, havent posted up much lately been really busy trying to get everything buttoned up, have started painting the body. Putting on last two coats of paint after work today, then final wetsand and then polish tomorrow, its getting real close to being finished and hopefully come spring i can take it out for the maiden voyage.

Attached Files:

9. Hey guys and gals havent posted anything for quite some time but here are some update pics of my ride, im almost ready to go. Hope you enjoy, and as always questions and\or comments are always welcomed.

Attached Files:

10. heres some more

Attached Files:

11. this last pic is the carpet after it was laid down by a real great upholsterer my buddy benny, thanks benny!!!

Attached Files:

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He said it before I could. You will find that you will drive it a lot more with the automatic than if you swap it to a 4 speed. Working a clutch in that setup gets to be a royal pain in the butt after a few miles in traffic.

It looks like you have it set up as a very well put together solid no worries car that you can jump in and make miles any time you want to.

The flathead guys out here in Washington are putting on their "reliability run" for a reason next year. 150 miles one way is a long shot for a lot of flatheads while it would just be an easy morning jaunt for the smallblock.

Same with the 303 Olds. Cool engine but if a water pump or gasket leaks on the road you may be stuck somewhere waiting for one.

Don't get me wrong I love those engines but with a glass T roadster pickup who cares what engine or trans it has as long as you drive the wheels off it.

Spend your time and energy getting what you have "just right" and don't worry about making changes to please others.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

13. Hey man thanks alot for the compliment i really appreciate it, im trying to do my best to keep it simple this has been a huge learning curve for me and at least i know exactly what to do and what to be prepared for next one i build and it will be HAMB perfect from head to toe!!!:cool:

14. That is comming together nicely.

15. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

By any chance, did you take any pictures of the bucket seats before they were upholstered?

16. thank you very much, cant wait to take this baby down the road.

Unfortunately i was not thinking about my camera when i made the seats but i used 1/8 steel and a telephone pole and a ratchet strap to bend it out then i tacked the top and bottom together. Basically if you look at the seat i made a template on a piece of cardboard of the back piece then traced it out onto a flat piece of steel, took a couple of times to fit it around my ass but it end up working out nicely. Then like i said, i then welded a flat piece to the curved piece to form the bottom then used 3x3 steel tube as the base, hope this helps, i will check in the garage for the template to see if i still have it if i do i will send you the specs and measurements.