Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods **A real mans exhaust**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 5wbomber, Feb 25, 2009.

1. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

Bike riders CANNOT fight, plenty have flipped me off and the second i stop and jump out they turn around.........and sorry its not a blown ardun. but "real hotrod" motors werent all pretty and fast.

i did 2 pipes not 3 cause the outter 2 go together, and the simese'd center has its own, so it will probly sound wierd....ill youtube beating on it when shes goin for you guys.....thanks for the comments..

2. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Haha. You're scrappy. But someday you're going to pick the wrong "fag" and he's going to step up and bite the other nine fingers off.

I still think the pipes look pretty cool.

3. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

thanks kev!! hahah thats good hearin from you.

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I think they look great but you're still ten steps behind and one finger short of your Idol Chris.

Full Fendered Model A's was 2008 dude. Chris has already lapped you and is back to 28-29 Roadsters. You better finish that one up, start a 33-34 and build another 29 if you expect us to tune in.:D:D

Just kidding Jordan, they look cool and I am sure they will scare the lycra spandex of those dudes.

5. Not my thing but i guess they look kind of cool. Hope you don't plan on driving too far with them or that ringing in your ears (it's tinnitus) will be the signal that you are starting to go deaf.
    My biggest problem is they aren't go to make any power. Seems as a Hot Rodder, if you are going to that much trouble, you ought to make some that will improve power, not hurt it.
    I do dig the fact that at your age you are trying and doing all the cool stuff that you are. Big props for that!

6. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

love it..and had i simular idea back about 8 months ago..even put up a thread asking if anyone had done this on a full fender A.
    guess what? i got no replies..

glad to see it..love it

my idea was a bit different..4 on each side..im still thinking about it

yeah..loud and obnoxious..

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  7. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Looks good to me.

8. jonnycola

jonnycola

I like 'em.

On a different note... what the hell is that snorkel thing on the back of the motor. Some kind of breather? I'm kind of dumb.

9. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Like whacking your knee on the stinger left in a Reese hitch, right? This way better tho!

10. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

hotroddon, they may not make any more power, but they aint gonna hurt either. And I mean come on...it's a flathead. you aint worried about big HP numbers when you run one of these. You primarly just want it to stay cool, LOL.

And Jordan, I agree. I can't stand the spandex wearing "Roadies" or what ever the fuck the bicycle nazis call themselves. Assholes is what I call em'.

11. d-smoke

d-smoke

Good job Ponyboy, you're learning!

12. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

i didnt wanna cut the breather, so i swan knecked it...looks gay but whatever, it will work :)

Link: im laughing so hard right now.....sooo true.

13. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

Yea, Cherry and I might be heading up that way next month, might have to stop by/ Hopefully I will have a new toy to show ya'.

Oh, and I developed the black & white film last night...RAD is all I can say.

14. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

15. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

nooooo waaaay!!! come up anytime man, i wanna see those sooo bad man!!! i have a hint what the new "toy" is........:)

16. SquigMachine

SquigMachine

i thought all people did this to their exhaust when they were a kid?:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  17. munster

munster
    from burbank

seems like you've been putting on the spandex!!! :D

18. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Yeah, I forgot about "scavengers". Around 1960, guys would run their pipes (usually with mufflers, though) back to a little bit short of the rear axle, and put those flared tips on. Typically done on raked cars, and the pipes hung down some so you could see them under the car.

After a while, some humorous types started pronouncing them scaVENgers. Dunno why.

19. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Digging it can't wait to hear how they sound.

20. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

I'm likin' 'em!!!!! Loud and baudy all the way!!!!

21. karfer67

karfer67

what the heck when are we going to hear it? and i like them at least it is not just another set of speedway kit headers with cut outs :rolleyes:

22. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

Ouch... you know that hurts me Eddie...hurts me on the inside...

23. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

sweet pipes.....how are you gonna finish them? painted, chromed, bare finish?

hmmm.....if the bikers bother you that much couldnt you just hang those huge iron spears off the wheel centers ala roman chariots?

is it an ego boost to have all these fellow rodders tellin you that you lay nice pipe? round these parts thats gotta double meaning.

24. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

scavenger tips ! i ran alot of them in the 60's ! very neat ............ steve

25. So, by the way, how IS your finger????

26. vertible59

vertible59

Why would I hate something that looks that cool? Yeah, and you did that yourself...no kit, no catalog. What a concept!

27. Scavengers because the idea was they'd help scavenge the engine's exhaust gasses.

Kinda like the UK(?) where headers were called extractors.

The general drill was to install a 4' (48") flared end, chrome plated pipe (1 3/4" - 2") to the muffler with the muffler sitting in the usual place and have the scavengers ending past the rear axle 12" - 18" or so.

Looked cool, sounded great, helluva drone in some cars at highway speeds....:D