Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where are your parts made? China perhaps?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cad La Dave, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cad La Dave

Cad La Dave
    from CA

Hell at least Japan is a democracy.

2. Ebert

Ebert

10-4, Slag! We have gotten fat, sloppy and careless and the shit is hitting the fan.

3. budd

budd

i do live in Canada, Fisher Stoves is a stove name from the 70's and 80's, started in Oregon and then built all over the US by 30 licences, i bought the trade mark name and i'm developing a modern Fisher Stove built to meet all the safety and EPA standards of today, my plan is to have the units built in the US. this all has nothing to do with cars i know, maybe one day i can sponsor a contest on here and give away a free stove to heat a shop?

4. Cad La Dave

Cad La Dave
    from CA

What you need to do is make a kick ass smoker...

5. budd

budd

i thought thats what old broken down fridges were for...lol

6. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

And us US VENDORS can starve because their is not a cheap enough MADE IN USA alternative to the exact part you want? Do you realize how many US CITIZENS are supported in the chain to sell a lot of these parts? Hot rods are already REALLY expensive for some things and from what I have seen you often get double the quality for half the price than if it was MADE IN THE USA. And if it was made here it would be SOOOOO expensive NO ONE would pay that kind of money for it. I deal parts for multiple vendors and if it was poor quality I wouldn't sell it. The funny thing is that I have seen cheap knock-offs of some of these parts and I personally would want the better quality part regardless of where it came from. Again, if I want to buy a part and go to a good AMERICAN guy like Eric at Riley automotive I'm actually support a chain of about 25-30 Americans that touched that part and make a living on supplying it to you. Could be the guys that work at the docks, the truck drivers that delivers the parts, the people at the box making plant, the people at the initial suppliers warehouse, the book keepers at all those companies, the people at the post office and so many more that get nothing if you ask "Made in the USA" and then walk away if the answer is no. Just another side to the story.

7. Cad La Dave

Cad La Dave
    from CA

So are all the parts so cal sells made in the states?

8. Cad La Dave

Cad La Dave
    from CA

I am going to PM him with the same question, as I am sure Enquiring minds want to know.

9. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

"kill a commie free your mommie"

and btw the US is not a Democracy its a Republic

10. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Complain to your congressperson. Tell them you want environmental regulations and workplace safety laws relaxed. You live in the strictest state in the country for that shit.

Because THOSE are what's driving metal manufacturing out of this country. Cars are made of metal parts. You do the math.

Deny it if you like, I've worked for international manufacturing companies and seen the gross differences in cost and attitudes. US politicians may tell you they welcome factories, but every official person you deal with running a US metal factory views it as a big dirty hazardous evil. Regulations are like anything else, subject to interpretation. When the officials interpret everything so it slants against you, the cost to comply skyrockets. Add to that a workforce that slips a little every year educationally.....and an economy that becomes a little more international every year.......those factories are gonna continue to move.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  11. Cad La Dave

Cad La Dave
    from CA

Yeah, I know the Pledge of Allegence as well. The quote was talking about Japan. Cheers.

12. Cad La Dave

Cad La Dave
    from CA

Already have, I live in CA the land of environment, illegal aliens, and going green. Few realize that CA the unemployment rate is one of the highest in the nation, 16%. They just raised our car registration 200%, our sales tax is now 9.75% in LA. And they wonder why legitimate companies are leaving in droves?

13. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Politics suck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.