Register now to get rid of these ads!

Things your kids say

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirty2, Feb 23, 2009.

1. SHRUM

SHRUM

Last week I came in from working on the car, I said Hey honey how fast am I going to run at the thaw 15's or 16's.... She said probably 16's :eek:

2. Leaky Pipes

Leaky Pipes

you guys are lucky.
    My daughter just text's me from the other room.

3. rollie

rollie

...when my son was about 3 he was watching me do the lettering on the doors of an antique truck and he said "Dad, when you grow up, you are gonna be a good artist "

4. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

I was driveing a old hot rod truck and pulled in to the yard with my 4 year old son so we did a dough nut in the yard he was laughing his head off do it again dad do it again. so I did. Well I had a body shop and he went to work with me a few days later and when I pulled up to the shop I shaw a Ga state trooper pull in behide me at the shop> I get out and my son not skipping a beat told the trooper me and my dad went erereretttt as he walks in a circle in that truck. I wanted to craw under my truck the trooper Busted out laughing and said hes done that to. I ended up painting his VW 21 Window van.

5. c10addict

c10addict

She spends time with me in the garage... She likes when I am welding or grinding.. I also take her to as many shows as I can... Her Moms digs cars too so that helps...

6. When we go out riding around in the '54, my 2 girls argue about which song they want to hear. The oldest wants "number 24" (Rumble by Link Wray) the youngest wants the "scooby song" (as in boop scooby dooby : Bop-a-Lena by Ronnie Self).

During the nice weather they both want to take "Daddy's old car" everywhere. Church, town, grocery store, wherever. They cover their ears when I hit the key and they giggle and yell when I do a burnout. "Stop Daddy stop!! *pause* Do it again!"

I love my kids. Now if I could get them to pick up a wrench

JB

7. LilT spends as much time with me in the shop as he can. Literally his first words were "carssh" and "hot rawd!" He actually can tell the difference in his hot wheels between normal cars and hot rods.

This weekend Uncle Todd (SentinelT) came out to help. Torin who is two spent the day saying Tah! Chasing Todd around the shop.

8. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

It's been a few years...but... "I FELL over that CRANKSHAFT in the KITCHEN!!!
    It HURT!!! WHY do we have to be THE ONLY PEOPLE ON THE PLANET with a CRANKSHAFT in the KITCHEN...(5 more pages of the same)"

9. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

My little nephew called me a "foopid battered" one time. I just looked at his dad and we both busted out laughing.

10. Thats some funny shit...........I gotta start watching what I say around the Lil dude.:eek:

11. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

To my three year old everything is either a race car, a hot rod or a "fart car" (I tried to explain that ricers have fart can exhaust and all he remembers is the fart part) One day were were goin somewhere and someone cut us off...close enough to take evasive measure to avoid getting hit...I stated something like "you sorry son of a bitch" as we yanked and banked around him.

A few weeks later my boy was with my wife when something similar happened...He told my wife "tell that sorry son of a bitch that daddy's gonna be mad!"

I got in trouble...it was worth it :)

12. My Grandpa despised LBJ back in the day. I thought for years, as a kid, that LBJ's name was really "President Sonofabitch". I asked my Mom something about the then-President when I was about six or so, and distinctly remember asking her about "that sonofabitch in the White House" for a grade school project. Of course, she got mad and spanked me, but little did I know what screaming and yelling she had ready for my Grandpa!

My sister sent my nephew (then eight, and had a slight speech impediment) to visit my folks for a month one Summer. Dad had a '67 VW Beetle, and it was a hideous dark green with a sunroof and an AM radio, but it was one runnin' little Bug! Danny's Dad had, at that time, the fastest '69 Dart 340 Swinger in Colorado! My folks go to the airport to get my nephew. My folks take little Danny out to the car to go home, and Danny says to my Dad; "Gwampa, you don' expec me to wide in dat weck, do you??" Danny was not happy.

13. synchro7

synchro7

Right after I got my model A running I took it over to my buddy Craig's shop to show it to him. As I got out of the car and walked up to him and his granddaughter she pops off with "Good God, not another sloppy jalopy". She was about 5 at the time. I found out she calls his 32 a sloppy jalopy. So my car got christened the (Other sloppy jalopy).

14. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Grandson ,now 9 years old, about two years ago said... "PaPa can we go out to the garage and play with your tools?"

While riding in the tub one day he said, "I like riding in this car, everyone looks and waves at you."

And several times in the last year I have heard, " PaPa, can I have your hot rod when your dead? !!!

May have to watch my back. LOL

15. JokerJ

JokerJ
    from Hobergs

When my oldest daughter was about 2 1/2, my wife saw her sitting by herself trying to put 2 pieces of something together and when they wouldn't go she's mumble "Sock Dammit"... Mom wasn't happy!

16. no55mad

no55mad

Many years ago, my 30 yr old son was asked in grade school what type of work his dad did. He said, 'he works on cars'. At the time I was a safety rep for an aerospace co. He now, along with his sisters, says they will E-bay all my car stuff away some day (after they choose the one they want to remember their car nut dad).

17. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

"My little nephew called me a "foopid battered" one time"

Woah...that reminds me...I had just thwarted some criminal enterprise of my three-year-old's, and she came down the stairs shaking with anger...she looked at me and shouted "you...YOU ASPHALT!!"

18. i'm seeing alot of future girl rodders! that's cool keep it up. i'm trying to get my girlfriend to but....

19. Here is a pic of my helper

Attached Files:

20. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

a few years ago i had a chopped shoebox with seaweed flames that sat real low with needlenose bubble skirts on it,,,i pulled into the parking lot of an ice cream shop, and this little kid yells out to his mom "MOM,,,that car is spooky,,,,,there's no wheels on the back!!"

21. skwurl

skwurl

My littel girl was 4 and we were running around in our 63 Caddy I romped on it for like 4 seconds. She looks over and says "there went 15 gallons" She is almost 7 now. She wants another Caddy when she's old enough to drive.

22. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Danyelle is one cool little girl, that we all adore and think the world of.

23. Rusty

Rusty

Danyelle I know u are a good helper too, Not to mention a good swap meeter too

Bubba Loves You!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rusty

24. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

A couple years ago at the Hamb Drags, I think everyone that was there was trying to get a table at Pizza by Stout. We finally got seated and had a couple chairs vacant and Missy went back to offer them up to someone in line, so Ryan and Marcy took the seats. We're all settling in, ordering drinks and what not and Gray, my oldest who had never met Ryan asks, "So are you on the Hamb?"

25. Big Russ

Big Russ

My three yr old says, 'da plays with cars like me' & can spot a "Herbie" a mile away (theres a cool T-Bucket in The Love Bug that he loves).

This bloke nearly hit us on a roundabout the other day & my six year old yelled 'crazy hotrodders'.

26. Dirty2

Dirty2

Now thats a good one !

27. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

I had to explain to my seven year old daughter what bastard was and why we should not use the word to describe people or cars.I was working on one of my cars.

28. NAILHEAD JONES

NAILHEAD JONES
    from Lomax ILL

my oldest boy claims my 50 buick and he can tell you that we are putting a nailhead in it. and he says the 40 chevy i just got is his little brothers car and they like to go out and wrench on them

29. Sophie kicks ass!!!!

30. saltflatmatt

saltflatmatt
    Alliance Vendor

Violet (3) walks into the shop and says "this place is a disaster, your gonna need to pick this stuff up before you take a bath"