Register now to get rid of these ads!

model A fibreglass fenders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pspiak, Feb 22, 2009.

1. pspiak

pspiak
    from upstate ny

i want to buy front fenders for a model a-what brand fits the best-and where should i buy them? sacramento-snyders etc. thanks!

2. WESCOTTS in Oregon

3. YES, Wescott's is the only brand of fiberglass fenders to buy.

i believe that is what Snyder's and Mac's sell....you could check with them

4. HATED1

HATED1

or you could buy steel fenders.

5. yes , steel fenders are nice and available for all years and body style Model A Fords...they are kinda $$$ . i have all four steel fenders from Gaslight on my `28 Tudor and they did take some work to make fit

6. HATED1

HATED1

i have a full set of original 31 tudor fenders in really nice shape i am not going to be using. i looked at reproduction steel ones from sac vintage ford and they are pricey. no idea where to price mine but when i figure it out they'll be up in the classifieds here on the hamb.

7. pspiak

pspiak
    from upstate ny

is the fit and quality any better on the steel ones than the wescotts-and who sells or the best steel brand- thanks !

8. I ran a set of polyform on my coupe. They were on the car when I got it and ran it 16 years and they are still on there.

9. yankbuilt

yankbuilt

I bought Brookville for the front of mine.$450 apiece I believe, but they are SWEET!

10. HATED1

HATED1

call sac vintage ford or check them out on line, they sell both glass and steel.

11. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

I've used Wescotts and Poli-Form and liked them both. I did have to cut the fender braces with Wescott's but I don't know if it's due to the braces or the fenders.

12. pspiak

pspiak
    from upstate ny

thanks for all of your input- if you have any more tips please reply-thanks!