Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Bubba's Valiant Makeover

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lindross, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Suave's Buick

Suave's Buick

Running Bubba's Joke... How's about Sea Faom with a Silver Metal Flake Top!
    Okay... I'm board and unemployed!

Attached Files:

2. Hmmm, that's actually not that bad! :D Keep em coming mikey.

3. Suave's Buick

Suave's Buick

How about with an award wining pose!

Attached Files:

4. brandon

brandon

nothing sweeter than granny blue...:D found the time ticket from that summer.....rippin' off a blistering 20.10...that 170 was nothi' but pure hell....:D in hind site , i sorta feel bad about choppin' up a 9800 mile car....:rolleyes::eek:

Attached Files:

5. That top looks good. How about some pearly whiteage on the bottom? :)

6. Suave's Buick

Suave's Buick

We can do a plethera of colors... In white for him, or pink for her!

Attached Files:

7. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

that pink is right out of the medicine cabinet.

8. Suave's Buick

Suave's Buick

Two tone...

Attached Files:

9. Here's where we're headed more than likely. Nice and clean. This gives me all the inspiration I need to see the car shiny and finished. :) A close to original light blue and a silver flaked roof.

[​IMG]

10. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Needs a pink and green heartbeat graphic. ;)

11. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

The blue and silver is the way to go. That looks fantastic. I'm trying to figure out when I can get west to get ya some primer. I can relay it through downtown any day of the week with the Mrs. or I can get out there one week from today. Whichever works best. I think I'm the lone east sider!

12. junkcad

junkcad
    from nashville

how bout a drawer nob grille ??????

13. camargma

camargma

now are you sure you want blue?? i look at the car and its screaming rainbows rainbows and more rainbows. am i the only one who sees this ;)

14. noodle9000

noodle9000

That's going to be sweet Lindross!

15. Really like the colors...

16. karfer67

karfer67

wow 20.10? now i dont feel so bad when my 62 ranchero went a best of 19.69. at least i won my class bracket racing nothing better than putting 12 second cars on the trailer then after i won hop on the highway and drive home

17. So, blue with silver flake roof it is. Subtle change but going with chrome powder coated wheels. Got my windshield today and already have my front and back window moldings. Bringin er into the shop towards the end of the month to remove glass, trim, bumpers, etc... and off to the painters. :)

[​IMG]

18. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Scott - the wheels that are on there now are powdercoated...

19. The silver over blue color combo looks pretty tasty, but I look at these pictures and keep trying to visualize how this thing would look with no front bumper. Would it just look bizarro or would it just maybe end up looking like a late model Studebaker?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

20. You're not the only one to mention that. Here's a photoshop of it originally in cali minus the front bumper. I'm not sure I have the vision to see it without the bumper. :confused:

[​IMG]

21. Does that mean they can't be powder coated again?? :confused:

22. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

I think Gary down the street just re-coated some wheels. As long as the first time was a good job i dont see a problem......:eek::)

23. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

I had the front bumper off for a while, it looked a little stubby... plus there is that cool 90 in on the sides that really flows.

- Joe

24. Maybe it's just me, but I can't see a link to or a picture of the sans bumper version.:confused:

Or is it just so funky lookin' that you can't bring yourself to post it?:D

25. Coulda swore I linked a picture. :confused: Heres another link. :)

[​IMG]

26. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Nah, leave the front bumper on. It looks weird. It's a thin bumper anyway. If it was a thicker one, you could change it, but I think it looks fine. We're going to french Shoebox Mags' Signet since the headlight bezels are a pain in the ass to find. maybe look at that route? I like the drawer knob grill idea.

27. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Keep the bumper, the grille opening is too big to get away with that. I really like the blue and silver, looks sharp!! Can't wait to see it.

28. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Scott - if you are going to re-lower it that much, the driveshaft will hit the body under the back seat. There is a goofy patch that I put in under the back seat where it was cut out by the guy that had it before me... to do it correctly, you may have to re-work the supports on the back seat.

- Joe

29. Nope, not redoing anything. It's just the photoshop jobs in the pictures. All I'm doing to it is having it painted in the blue and silver. The ride height is perfect for daily driving and the front bumper is staying on. :cool:

30. One last photoshop tinker. Had to cut some wide whites in there. :D

[​IMG]