Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ever found bullet holes on the INISIDE of the car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopt49, Feb 23, 2009.

1. chopt49

chopt49

I bought a donor '49 for the 2 door conversion and cut it up last year when I did the conversion. So this weekend I started to complete the interior structure. I have looked at these parts for some time, but it was not until I went to clean the part for install that I noticed 3 holes where the factory never made any.

Upon further investigation I determined them to be bullet holes! 3 of them. Okay I know people use old cars as target practice, but this '49 donor was a driver (being parted out) and never spent time in a field.

The even crazy part is the bullet holes are in the rear passenger lower quarter inside panel (near the back seat passenger side person's feet!!)

So my buddy is over and he is a gun guy and I start showing this to him and he says sure looks like the shots came from the driver's side windshield and/or diver's side window down into the car - this freaked me out a bit, what is the story behind this donor car!

So anybody else ever see bullet holes entering from the INSIDE of there project cars?

:eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. numskal

numskal

Here's a scenario: somebody got in the driver's side of the car with a gun in a holster or a purse, the gun accidently discharges and the bullets come out the side of the car by the floorboard? Maybe in the bumps and jolts from climbing in or plopping down in the seat the gun goes off?

I'm not in CSI, NCIS or The Shield so it's only a theory

3. hoggyrubber

hoggyrubber

i doubt a gun accidentally went off 3 times. hahaha i think elvis shot one of his cars because it didn't start or something like that. there has been a few i would have done it if i had of had one in my hand at the time.

4. crapshoot

crapshoot

thats fucking weird. is there any trace of the exit points behind that panel or is it just in that one. i would say it could have been a misfire but three holes in that close of a pattern.hummmmmm

5. BISHOP

BISHOP

I had a 72 nova with a bullet hole in the passenger floor board, it looked to be a 410 slug. I always wondered how it got there, or what happened. I never fixed it either. Every time the car was on a lift it was right where you could see it. I showed it off to everyone I could. The back side of that hole was crazy looking.

6. Ruiner

Ruiner

My ex's brother once bought a '59 Dodge pickup with a ton of BB holes in a tight pattern on the driver's door...from the inside out...turns out that the farmer who owned it used to drive around with a loaded 12 gauge on his lap...hahaha...it had to have been loud in that cab when it went off!

7. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid

My friend shot holes in his mud truck to drain the floors... said drilling would take too long... lol

8. Squablow

Squablow

Maybe there was a big racoon in the car that needed to be dead. There was a dead one in my '52 Chevy wagon and his lifetime of poo was in there with him. Would have been better to shoot it dead than have to wait him out till he died and clean out his lifetime scat collection.

9. Some dude found his girl with another dude in the back seat.:eek::mad: Who was he trying to shoot?:confused:;)

10. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes I think this guy did :eek:

Attached Files:

11. BISHOP

BISHOP

I also know of a barn with a fastback mustang setting in it, the roof of the car has a 20 guage hole in the roof, from the inside out. The owner shot himself in the head. The car hasnt been moved since, that was in 1970. I would buy it, but its not for sale. Freakin nasty looking still.

12. F1James

F1James

I had a 22 mag. RG brand that was recalled.Anyhow getting into my 68 ford it went off and made a new drain hole in the bottom of the door.Dam lucky didnt shot myself in the foot.

13. Fish Tank

Fish Tank

There may be more to it, but I'm leaning toward Squablow's vermin theory.

14. GlenC

GlenC

My pop was visiting us once, staying in the local caravan park, and my (very pregnant) wife went to have a cuppa with him one day. He was telling her about this shotgun he kept in the van in case he was ever attacked at night, and got it down to show her. As he turned it toward her the bloody thing fired, missed her baby-bump by no more than a couple of inches and blew a bloody great big hole in the side of his caravan. Turned out the 'safety' was faulty and the thing had a hair trigger as a result. He patched the van, got rid of the shotgun, and never told anyone. The van still had a patch on it until the day we sold it after he died.

Cheers, Glen.

15. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had a 32 Packard 902 5pass coupe (vicky) with a scant 22,000 original miles. A real survivor and very cool lookin body. Had a sizable dent OUT in the rear top sail panel on the driver's side. On the inside of that panel was a clean little hole in the headliner siding. We were doing some work for a cop at the time and he did some detective type shit with a UV light and a "pen" that came up with a .38 caliber hole, upward angle, and the UV light showed a substantial amount of blood had been cleaned from the rear seat. One could assume that the low miles and lack of real wear on the car might tell that it was stashed for some time, perhaps a murder, maybe just an accident, definately a gunshot wound happened back there. I never wanted to tear it all appart and try to recover the slug that was still in the car as it never pierced the outer sheetmetal. I have some pics at the shop that I might be able to scan of the car, don't know where the gunshot set is right now. If I find em I'll post those too, even if it's weeks later...morbid shit, huh?

16. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

when you bought the car,was there any mention of a guy by the name of hoffa?

17. I remember that one of the guys around Oaklawn in the 60's was playing around with a .38 inside his car and shot a hole through the floor into the trans.....................explain that one to the warranty dept.

18. There is a simple explanation for that.......someone got murdered in your car.

19. oj

oj

I'm thinking about the other 3 bullets that didn't make all the way thru to the rear seat. The one's you are looking at are the ones that missed.

20. i think i will plead the 5th! i have put a few outta their fuckin misery and placed a few shots in the grill right between the eyes!

maybe your car was hydroponics system and the holes were for drainage!!

21. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Had a '41 Merc 4dr that needed a rear door window and when I pulled the door upholstery to replace it, there was a 45 size hole in the metal from the inside and you could see the outside had been repaired. Everything under the upholstery and all of the inner panels were painted military Olive Drab leading the thought that it began life as a military staff car.

Sure would have loved to know the story on that one.

22. 343w

343w

My Dad was coon hunting with a friend from work back in the 50's in Vermont. This guy was in the passenger seat of the 49 Chevy tudor playing w/ my Dad's 22 cal. pistol. Well guess what happened, it went off and he shot himself through the forearm and it came out his elbow, went through the front seat and ended up in the back seat. The cops thought they were drinking beer because my Dad had brought along some of our home-made root beer( put up in qt. beer bottles)! My Dad didn't ask that guy to go hunting again..Sort of like"Never go hunting with a hungry man"! or one who plays with guns...........

23. lowrodderDon

lowrodderDon
    BANNED

I think Kiwi Kev got it right. I never had any bullet holes in mine from inside out, but I did acquire one in my right quarter panel from a .45 one night, hmmm

24. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

Did the car come from n.j.

25. moparcory617

moparcory617
    from tuttle ok

i remember the fried dude, that set at the gas station 18 hours a day. He was burnt but friendly. HE was giving this girl I ran with a ride somewhere and for some reason she had a shotgun. somewhere in the mix the gun had fired while driveing down the road. His dash was just all messed up but it somehow fit that guy. lol

26. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

another good reason to not be a back seat driver,surprized it took three shots to shut em up

27. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Yup. one round in back window chrome on a 79 Buick , right in line with my head but a bit too high.

Lucky,Lucky, Lucky,

28. Maybe when He sold You the Parts Car, He meant "Body Parts" car

29. Frank

Frank

An ex-girlfriend of mine's car showed up at the dealer for some repairs. Just so happened my best friend is a mechanic there and got the service order and he recognized the name. Unrelated to the repair he was doing, he told me there were bullet holes in the side of the car and blood stains all over the back seat. (not fresh) Apparently she couldn't afford to have it fixed.

I don't know what kind of trouble that crazy gal got into, but glad I gave her the curb sandwich years ago.

30. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

I've had two cars with bullet holes in the front toe board area. Both looked like somebody was trying to shoot the passenger side front tire.