Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dragster update - mockup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kerry, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Ray is a good guy and he did mention I might have to massage the hoops some. I didn't plan on this much but it's all good. :) Can you tell I just got back in from the shop?

Yep, you're a bad influence HemiRambler. THANKS!!! ;-D

Got the shoulder hoop on tonight. I tried about nine different things till it felt right. I also took another of the back hoops that was to wide, sliced a chunk out of the middle and welded it back together. It'll go in tomorrow. Man this is adictive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Wow you will be sitting soon!!

3. Gerg

Gerg

Kerry it's looking badass i hope i get to see it in person sometime!

4. I have been sittin Skip. See my broken 471 seat? I've been making engine noises too! ;-)

Barring unforseen stuff I plan on dragging the digger up to the St. Paul World of Wheels next year so I'll almost be in your neck of the woods Gerg.

5. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

Looking good!!! I can`t wait to see it run down the strip!

Tom T.

6. And heres another hoop. I've called this thing a Dragmaster but I should really say it's Dragmaster like. I have the hoops on an angle that is parallel to the top frame rail. The Dragmaster hoops were pretty much just horizontal. The hoops are also further apart than a dragmaster. It's definitely starting to get it's own feel.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  7. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

whats the difference in length between the top and lower hoop ?

8. I'm not sure, I'll measure it tomorrow for you. I got the top hoop so it fit me at the shoulders and put me at the right spot. I placed the second hoop 7" down, parallel to the top hoop, so the angle at the back was about 30 degrees off of vertical.

9. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

I like it looks really good,nice work

10. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Lookin good Kerry. Those Dragmaster cars are real comfortable to sit in. Although they dont look like it.

11. Did I read in another post that you were going to build a Chassis Research digger? Get after it!!! :)

12. BigW

BigW

I like do like that it very good. But it is missing the cover did you sell it get home?From the car show

13. BTW Brian, I need to thank you. I've referred to the pics of your earlier Dragmaster a bunch. Very helpful!

14. The cover will make an appearance later. I still need to machine it. You keeping Tuck in line?

15. NoSurf

NoSurf

Wow. I can't wait.

16. riceman

riceman

Nothing like RAW Metal ! Looks GREAT !

17. And yet another hoop. I got the bottom of the three back hoops in this afternoon. I'm giving some thought to departing from the Dragmaster style and skipping the back spine. Have to think it over.

[​IMG]

18. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

ahh the Comfy Chair ,,lol

19. I forgot to measure the hoops for you... I'll get that done yet today.

20. The top hoop, from the vertical it attaches to the outside of the hoop is 34". The second is 27.75.

21. Ooooooooo man. Much whoa'ness going on from this end...

22. Roothawg

Roothawg

So who did you end up finding to make the hoops? Do you mind telling us what that will set us back?

23. Ray @ H&L Metals bent it. (562)426-7388 It was an $80 fee for each bend setup and he would make ten (I think) bends for that price. If he had to change the setup or use another die it was another $80. I ended up paying $160 for the bends and about $80 for the shipping. This was on top of the steel I ordered and had dropped at his place. I forget the name of that place but Ray can hook ya up. Real nice guy to work with.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  24. My dad ran a B&M Torkmaster--not really an automatic--just a converter--high gear only.