Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Project Start

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2ratty4u, Feb 19, 2009.

1. 2ratty4u

2ratty4u
    from dallas, tx

What's up guys. I got a '31 Sedan that I am going to attempt to rebuild into a rod and I am tearing it apart right now. Got the car almost 100% complete, all original. Has been sittin in a barn since '62. I've been workin on cars with my dad all of my life (a whole 25 years), but this is my first attempt at a build. Just wanted to see what you seasoned builders could tell me to give me a good idea on where to start. I know I have a long road ahead, and don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but once I get it torn down, I'll be ready to start the process.
    I am going to use the stock frame, take off the fenders, and a mild haircut. It's a 4 door, so I have to be careful what I do so that I can utilize the rear doors, right? Just thought I'd ask so I didn't F$#% up right from the get go. Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. vendettaautofab

vendettaautofab
    Member Emeritus

I love it, what are your plans for driveline?

A 4-door, model a, full fendered... with the right stance (real low).... would be a real show stopper man...

3. 2ratty4u

2ratty4u
    from dallas, tx

I want to do a 350 and haven't decided what tranny to go with yet. I know some say flatty but I have been around bowties all my life and I'm goin chevy powered. I wanted a chevy sedan, but couldn't pass this deal up!!

4. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

it looks to me like you could get away with a 4" channel, and still be able to use the rear doors. there are many options out there for an engine choice, not just ford and chevy! olds rockets are great engines as well.

5. Drive it as is. Low buck, low class, super cool!
    Keep us posted.

6. - Aj -

- Aj -

Best mordoor ever!

Attached Files:

7. 2ratty4u

2ratty4u
    from dallas, tx

HAHAHA!!! That is the car that made me want a 4 door!!! Crazy! I dunno where the first pics were that I saw, but I havent been able to find anything else on it since I first saw it. I love it!

8. TurboHaddix

TurboHaddix

If the fenders are as nice as they look in the pics I would keep 'em.

9. chaddilac

chaddilac

it's in the newest Ol's Skool Rodz... has a feature

10. - Aj -

- Aj -

I found it for sale on eBay. Didn't reach reserve though.

11. Ruiner

Ruiner

Ugh...damned kids and their ugly ultra low way too long hot rods...keep the wheels in the wheelwells, throw a 283, 302 or a 327 chev in it with a 57 chev rearend in it...go traditional, not trendy...

12. TurboHaddix

TurboHaddix

Traditional was trendy once too...

13. 2ratty4u

2ratty4u
    from dallas, tx

The fenders are no where near what the pictures show. There isn't a 2 inch spot that is straight! They're beat to hell. Plus, if I can get rid of them with some other parts I won't be needing, maybe it'll help the funds toward the rest!!

14. 2ratty4u

2ratty4u
    from dallas, tx

And I'm gonna be goin for low BUT practical! And I don't know if there's such thing as too low

15. LabRat

LabRat

There is .....Looks like a great start , good luck with it !!