Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ok American Graffitti & Hollywood Knight what else

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Saoutlaws_Gotti, Jan 14, 2007.

1. TJratz

TJratz

How about "High Scool Caesar"? Thats another classic 50's B-movie.

2. Chris5.7ltr

Chris5.7ltr

That movie was called "FJ Holden", based around Sydney, Australia and featured a FJ Holden Sedan (not a coupe)

A bit of a cult classic for Ozzy's.

3. Smooth Customs

Smooth Customs

Set in the Western suburbs of Sydney in the late 70's

I did work on the FJ's used in the movie, and have photos somewhere.
    A mate was at the filming of the late night street racing at Bricky's, he has had the BAD 781 numberplates off the Yellow FJ for many years. That have been on a couple of his cars.

Will post photos if anyone is interested

4. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

How about The Hot Rod Girl , 2 lane Black top , Hot Rod the TV movie great Willys race car movie with lots of old car racing !

5. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Please post the pics if you can find them!! The movie is avaliable again, I picked up a copy from JB HiFi for $10, what a classic, along with 'Midnught Spares' great movies.
    Oh yeah, Pubity Blues is avaliable again if your in to pannelvans!
    Doc.

6. 1951bomber

1951bomber
    from atwater Ca

ok you take that back right now :mad::mad::mad:

7. 31fordV860

31fordV860

8. KsFlatlander

KsFlatlander

Did someone say 'Smokey and the Bandit' Not a Hotrod script but good car movie."Soon as I get home, first thing I'm gonna do is punch yo mamma in da mouth! "

9. with outa doubt one of my favorites and kinda a OT movie (except Hoppers 56 f-100) is KING OF THE MOUNTIAN with dennis hopper,harry hamiln,debra Van Valkenberg.......street racing Mulholland oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

• kom.jpg
      kom.jpg
      File size:
      69.2 KB
      Views:
  10. Waldoz

Waldoz

11. Smooth Customs

Smooth Customs

Doc

What about Running on Empty.
    A guy in Sydney has owned nearly all the star cars out of that movie.
    He still has the 57, is registered and driven
    The remains of the "Rammer" a chopped 53 Chevy 4 door is resting in his yard awaiting a rebuild.

Have photos of those as well.

And Chain Reaction, with the custom Holden step side. And a selection of shots of other custom cars and vans from the time it was made

12. krooser

krooser

To Please A Lady, Hot Rod, World's Fastest Indian, Two Lane Blacktop, yada, yada, yada.
    [​IMG]

13. krooser

krooser

14. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

That poster is the shit!! I wonder it anyone sells a repro of it? I'd love to have one in my garage/hideout/magic palace...

15. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

Anybody mention Redline 7000 with James Caan?

16. vertible59

vertible59

How about HIGH SCHOOL CONFIDENTIAL? Might be ot, but the TV series THE ROCKFORD FILES has some killer cars in background shots. Also, the opening credits to HOMICIDE, LIFE ON THE STREETS shows a '56 Victoria turning the corner on a Baltimore street. There's also a customized, primered '58 Ford Custom 300 in one episode. Many other older TV shows are loaded with neat old cars, but I'm sure you guys knew that already...just thought it was worth mentioning.

17. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Dude that movie was great!!! Do you have a copy on DVD?

Of course Hollywierd had to make some love story outta it.

18. TJratz

TJratz

"I lost my hat daddy." ---"I hope your goddamn head was in there, junior". Funny ass shit!

19. yeah its around on DVD........if ya have trouble finding it PM me......try EBAY

20. Mister Ford

Mister Ford
    from Seattle

HAHAHA! Here's one for ya. The Big Wheel starring a VERY young Mickey Rooney. Back when they ran open wheel model T's on the dirt. Great flick.

21. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

I one I liked best was

"Debbie does a dog in a Dodge "

22. 3
    The last time I started bigging up "graffiti" on these posts I got absolutely slaughtered,I'm still getting councilling,I really don't get what's not to like if your a hotrodder?OH,OH pass the ear muffs :eek:

23. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

^^^What he said^^^

24. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"Hometown USA" Max Bauer Production-----About 1974---Take off from AG!!!

25. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have been looking for running on empty, I have a VHS copy but no video player! It was avaliable a few years ago, I would check out e-bay.
    I would love to see some pics of your mates collection if he will let you, some Aussy history right there! I swear Denis Kilner used to own the 'rammer' he had a 53 the same as that only without the roo bar.
    My brother in law is a mad keen fan of the 57, I know he would kill for some detail pics under the hood and inside, he is building a 1/12 scale model of it. Can you tell me what cox box and diff is in it please?
    Cheers,
    Doc.

26. TOM KITCHEN

TOM KITCHEN

How about some that weren't all cars but had some in them and were good and/or funny: "Peggy Sue Got Married", "Mischief" (NICE bedroom scene!
    /"I'll just put it in a little bit"), "Rebel Without a Cause" (James Dean) and "Used Cars" (very funny) with Kirk Russell. Tom

27. LPRS

LPRS

i feel kinda queer for this one, but "cry-baby" has some cool visuals. non hot rod but great gearhead movie is "dust to glory" about the baja 1000. we watched it and went to mexico for a week to see the race in person. movie was that good.

28. stlouisgasser

stlouisgasser

Hey, I hate NASCAR but I actually like "Days of Thunder"! It's so bad and has so many corny lines and phrases, it's fun to watch, and after all, that's the entire point of movies.....being fun to watch. It's not a documentary or actual historic record and shouldn't be treated as such. Just fun. I've always been tempted to paint generic "CITY CHEVROLET" on one of my racecars.

29. TJratz

TJratz

Dont know how well this fits but there were some nice cars in Dazed and Confused. If Im out of lie please slap me.

30. TJratz

TJratz

That one chick in Cry baby was F-UGLY!