Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1941 willys 100% steel car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by justinbennett, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justinbennett

justinbennett

there is nothing wrong with a glass car other than it's not steel

Attached Files:

2. coldwar

coldwar
    BANNED
    from USA

Geez pro-streeted creature comfort Shotgun Bill street rods are not the thing on this board, you might want to go put on your thick skin, you will need it ~ CW

3. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. Weasel

Weasel

A perfect example of a totally inaccurate body and how to screw up a great piece of American car styling - it's gross.

This is totally HAMB unfriendly. There is nothing remotely traditional about this POS.

5. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Yep, that's turditional.

6. Tony

Tony

I'd LOVE to have that body!

7. turdchazer

turdchazer
    Member Emeritus
    from Spokane

So if someone pulled it into your driveway and handed you the keys and title none of you would take that car??????:D:D:D

8. Tony

Tony

I would.....then i'd pull that body off sell the rest 'cept the blower motor, and slide a straight axle under it..etc...just like the rest ..:)
    cool car just not the style i like..

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  9. 2-TONED

2-TONED

i like it!
    id drive it!
    probably not HAMB friendly but there is also life beyond the HAMB.

10. Weasel

Weasel

That's absolutely right - I wouldn't be seen near that thing with a bag over my head - correction, maybe I would be seen near it - with a lighted match and some 'accelerant'. Looks like it's a Street Beast POS.:confused:

I predict that this thread will garner so much invective that it will suffer an early demise - and not a moment too soon IMO.:cool:

11. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

i wouldnt call it a POS !!!!!!! even though its not for this board ,it is a nice car....i love almost all willys .gasser ,prostreet,stock i dont care ..to each his own.....im sure the guy that built this car would call MOST of the stuff on this board a POS.25 years from now there will be a board like the hamb ,and this car will be a(found in a barn) and everyone will be going googoo over it.......id take it and drive the shit out of it..

12. coldwar

coldwar
    BANNED
    from USA

It's about as likely the S-W-C Willys might fall out of a airplane and land in my driveway, so that challenge doesn't really rate any kind of response, other then to say it will look rediculous in a few years to the magazine mainstream of the hobby, then the squandering of resources at play there will be then obvious with no explanation - 1962 treatment of a car like that is again fresh today, attracting young and old ~ CW

13. turdchazer

turdchazer
    Member Emeritus
    from Spokane

At least it's not painted peach or dusty rose or have those stupid painted lines like a Van Halen guitar, or one of those car show Chucky dolls leanin against it.

14. Throttlehead250

Throttlehead250
    from Houston TX

do what?? what is this life you speak of!?

15. Abomb

Abomb

And there's nothing wrong with bragging...but you might want to make sure your in the right place.

This is a traditional hotrod forum, and that car is anything BUT traditional

See ya

16. justinbennett

justinbennett

i got news for you guys if you pay attion the black gasser is also steel and still looks like that and a real car guy should love all cars it doesn't matter to me one bit cause i got the best of both worlds thats were the saying came form one for show and one for go

17. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Heres another piece of shit for you guy's to shit all over, sept it is glass and very proud of it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. there is no acounting for taste... this is a beauty of a car to some and the person who's garage it currently rests in.. personaly i would have gone a different direction, with staight axles and leaf springs.. but love and time has been spent on this once project, and that is what makes the car stand out.. but i'm just rambling..

19. turdchazer

turdchazer
    Member Emeritus
    from Spokane

[​IMG]
    I'll trade you my sister for it:D:D:D:D

20. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Got pic's!

21. Abomb

Abomb

How is it that people can sign up here, and even post a few times, and still not be paying enough attention to realize that this is a TRADITIONAL ROD AND CUSTOM SITE........Yes, I like most cars, but there's probably a forum or two better suited to high dollar billet streetrods than the HAMB.

I'm not going to go to billetrodders.com and brag about my rusty Model A

22. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Got pic's of the black one to cool the troops down?

23. Tony

Tony

I'd like to see those pics too...
    either one is better than what i have.....none :D..
    can't get too uppity about the opinion's on here though, it is about traditional styling so having most say they are not into would be expected...and they are all just opinions anyway :)

24. coldwar

coldwar
    BANNED
    from USA

Hey you guys want to wear a black tie to a blue jeans event, thats your bag, and your appetite for punishment apparently - Imposition of taste in place where a certain taste is regarded as normal makes you typical ego-maniacal, instead of perhaps a user offering new food for thought - Traditional taste is a user birthright here - Your post, your stand, no one else's - CW

25. Greasy64

Greasy64

Chrome & leather for me please. I don't even want to start seeing chicks wearing tweed and billet either!

26. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

The street rodded Willys reinforces the curiosity about why motocycles are posted on this site?
    Traditional or not

27. luckys8ba

luckys8ba

I can tell everyone first hand whether you care for the purple car or not it is unbelievable in person,detailed to the tee,fast and definetly driven.The black gasser is also kick ass, the real deal and driven constantaly!

28. wvenfield

wvenfield

I think the only thing missing is dolphins on the gauges.

29. Awedrod

Awedrod
    from Wichita KS

Wa,waa,wa,wa,billet,waaah,waa,glass,waa,waaa,shiny,waa,waaah,nanny nanny boo boo.

30. coldwar

coldwar
    BANNED
    from USA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.