Register now to get rid of these ads!

Buick motor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SoCal Merc, Feb 17, 2009.

1. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

This just got dropped at my friend's shop for a rebuild......

Attached Files:

2. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Cool... Any history behind it? Ex drag motor or something?

3. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

He cracked it open today. Isky cam. The magneto is wasted, one valve cover had been left off. Sad, when he pulled the valve cover off the other side, it looked it just had a valve job before setting outside for all this time. The owner said it came out of a boat.

4. MyEvilTwin

MyEvilTwin

Roller cam? that would be a nice find for sure. What displacement is it? 401s seemed to find their way into a lot of boats. Not super common to find injection on a boat is it?

5. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

It does have a roller cam. I'm going to check his progress out when I stop by there later.

6. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

Learned it was pulled out of a sprint car, which was raced by a dealership in Iowa. 425 ci. The ISKY roller cam is a 5 cycle, 7000 series(?). Anybody know the specs? They went by ISKY, but they didn't have a catalog that went back far enough to look it up. ISKY is positive they have old cam cards somewhere in the shop for it. The owner of the motor doesn't even have anything to put it in, so I am not sure what he is going to do with it. Be nice in my "A" 5W coupe!

7. MyEvilTwin

MyEvilTwin

Some of the old mail order catalogs listed cam specs with the cam listings. I think Honest Charlie's used to back in the 60s.
    Sometimes it wold be a 7000T 7000R or just 7000. each would have a slightly different grind/lift.

8. rdachsdog

rdachsdog
    from michigan

I could use the mag base for that fuel pump drive if he doesn't plan on using it, or if anyone else has one.

9. NAILHEAD JONES

NAILHEAD JONES
    from Lomax ILL

nice motor good history need a good home