Register now to get rid of these ads!

Funnyest thing happened today!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Guitar Guy, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Guitar Guy

Guitar Guy

Laltey I've been looking at this 64 chevy pickup that I wanted to restore for my senior project. So i drive to this guy's house about 30 minutes from my house and I get there and the guy's front yard looks like a freaking chop shop. So he starts showing me the truck and he's all braging how well it runs and it never caused him any trouble and stuff like that, and the motor started up fine and evreything so we take it for a test drive. Now we get on the road and the guy can't stop bragging about the truck and how well it runs. About a mile down the road the guy keeps talking and to tell you the truth I'm not really listening and all the sudden the rear differential just locks up and the whole trucks starts to skid , and I automatically grab onto the mirrors thinking that it might somehow save my life or something. So we are in the middle of the road almost turned sideways and the guy is cussing like a sailor trying to get this thing to stay in gear and get it pulled on the side of the road. So he's cussing like a sailor and while trying to get this thing in gear he turns to me and says its really a good truck it's never done anything like this before. So we get it pulled on the side of the road and he gets out and says well the diffferential is locked up so we're just gonna have to take the wheels off and the axles should just slide right out, and I'm thinking wow this guy cannot be any dumber. So i tell him that they're not just gonna slide right out and he starts arguing with me. We're in the middle of nowhere and the guy wants to start taking apart the freaking differential and take out axles. I told him that the differential on my car works just fine and I was gonna walk my happy ass back to his place and go home. It was a day wasted but I at least went home a wiser kid!!!!

2. Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

3. S.F.

S.F.

haha Good story.

4. moon man

moon man
    BANNED

thats a good one,, good times......

5. Should have just let off on the E-brake.

6. Guitar Guy

Guitar Guy

That thing was such a piece of shit that i dont even think it had an e brake

7. JohnShaft

JohnShaft
    from Tejas

LOL Yeah, he sounds like a real genius. Let's see, disassemble the rear end, to no real benefit, in the middle of nowhere or call AAA. Hmmm, that there's quite the tough decision.

Good job. I'm sure your walk ended better than his did.

8. Good one .sounds like some of the Trailer Queens we have looked at

9. ratster

ratster

hahaaha thanks !!!!! i needed that lol

10. cafekid

cafekid

HAHAHAHAHAHA dumbshit. i once went on a test drive and the car ran out of gas and the guy sat there and argued with me that it had gas, until i finally convinced him to actually see for himself and sure enough the tank was bone dry. luckily we were just two blocks from his house, so HE didnt have very far to push, cuz i walked back to my car and drove home.

11. brentthebarber

brentthebarber
    from San Diego

haha...man if it was just that easy to take a rear end apart in the middle of no where, we'd all be mechanics!

12. Guitar Guy

Guitar Guy

Haha.. that's hecka funny!! I told the guy that you have to take apart the differential in order to take the axles out and he started on the usual ah you dumb young guys you think you know evreything but you don't, so I was just kinda like ok good luck selling the thing.

13. You should swing buy that way tomorrow and see if he's got the axles out yet........

14. 1951bomber

1951bomber
    from atwater Ca

so dose it run good or what

15. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

i had something like that happen one time i went to look at a car, it was a lil' nova and the guy told me on the phone, "now, this thing does have a few mechanical problems, but it runs just fine." ok all fine and dandy, we get to his house and its a pretty clean looking car, he opens the hood and cranks the I-6 and "Clankaclankaclankaclanka" is all you here, i look around and see a big hole in the side of the block down by the bottom covered by Gorilla tape!!!
    I just told him that was bad, and walked away.

16. Guitar Guy

Guitar Guy

motor is fine but i dont wanna buy it because I dont know what else might me in there. Tranny might be gone soon

17. 1951bomber

1951bomber
    from atwater Ca

ya theirs always more

18. MyBootsOnFire

MyBootsOnFire

Actually if i recall correctly those old chevy axle's are kind of like the ford 8 and 9 inchs and the axle do slide out without having to pull apart the differential. I don't really know why he would think that would help anything though. unless its gotta floater rear end and having the axles out would at least let the truck roll.

19. bucs012

bucs012
    from Iowa

Bummer........That's one of the few thing that not even Duct Tape would not helped. Ha!!!!!!!

20. That kind of sounds like what the farmer said when his horse died. " Never did that before"

21. RichG

RichG

Man, that is some funny stuff right there!

When I was younger I was going to buy a '59 Chevy PU from a lady that said it just needed a tune-up. I tuned it, I worked my ass off on that motor, it wouldn't do squat. Finally pulled the valve cover, when the engine cranked the valves wouldn't even move! I told her the motor needed rebuilt, she looks at me and says, "Yeah, I told you it needed a tune-up." Needless to say, I didn't buy the truck...

22. So is it still sitting where you left it? Of course if it was a 3/4 or 1 ton with full floating axles, he could have slipped them out and pushed it home.

23. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

What a great opputunity to offer him $20 bucks for the thing.

24. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

One time I was looking at a 55 Buick, me and my dad were looking under the car for rust and whatnot, and as we were getting up, the grizzly old guy farts the loudest, most vile ass I've ever experienced....directly in my dad's face. i had all to do to not completely lose it. We had to leave.

25. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

yeah, no really it runs amazing,.....(screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech)....motor runs like a top. ....whats that? the rest of the truck? yeah, no its a complete turd but goddammit its a running somofabeech.you cant actually drive this truck.....buts its a running bastard.

26. tanks for the laugh! i WAS a bad day :)

27. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Guitar Guy that is funny and reminds me of my favorite saying...when you've busted you ass in the So Texas heat to try to help some ass and all they can do is bitch at ya...I just take my tools...throw them in the tool box and say.."you see that ole red truck out their? It runs fine and at 5:00 I'm getting in it and going home"...then just walk away. Love that look on their dumbass face. Hey GG is you avitar Lynard Skynard? Keepup the good work!:D

28. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

That's some funny stuff.

29. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Thats Zach Wylde.

Good story man, gotta love the "Im older so I know more" mentality

30. solid

solid

Yeah they are all half turn startin, real reliable runnin,solid underneath, cheap an easy fixer upper, no tire kickin, serious inquires only guys, until you get there, and then most of them are turds. They all know more,and have seen more than you. Their stuff gold, and yours is crap. I have learned to spot these kinda sellers a mile away. See you learned early,now your ahead of the game.