Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects another old car cemetary, there just a restn and a rustn

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by justmetony, Aug 30, 2008.

1. zacanger

zacanger

Wow. Can I just come live there? Set up a tent amidst all that?

2. johnrockin

johnrockin
    BANNED
    from midwest

so whats hiding under the hoods of these cars..... esp the Packard and the 50s Chryslers...

3. yeah, could use some of the sidetrim off that 57 wagon.....

4. justmetony

justmetony

Just like being a kid in a candy store....

5. borndead327

borndead327

is that in new braunfels?
    i wanna go check it out

6. vintage tin

vintage tin

Is there any chance of any 1962 Chevrolet stuff there?
    I know of somebody in need of parts and is in the general area of this place.
    Thanks.

7. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

how many gasser could you built? awsome!!

8. New Braunfels, here we come !!!

9. Rockin'R

Rockin'R

Wow, I'm in Texas and just sold my car so I have cash in hand for the Imperial.

10. justmetony

justmetony

Thought that I would post an update to this post. I am working with the owners son to get priceing for the cars. I hope to have something to post in the next couple of weeks. Sorry that it took so long, but he finally had me contact his son and we have talked on the phone and will be getting together to put prices to the picture and hope to find new homes for some of these old cars.

11. Geez I,d love to have that 57 150 wagon!!!!

12. There is a place about four miles from me which is filled with pre-war cars just rusting to bits. The owner lives in Chattanooga and rarely ever comes to the place, he is in his eighties and has been collecting "junk" cars since he was a teenager. The place is fenced in and covered with weeds so it is hard to see. I had the good fortune to get a tour of it in the early nineties before he moved to Tennessee and I counted 3 Deuce 5 windows, 2 '34 coupes, countless Model A sedans, 3 Model T touring cars and a 1917 Maxwell Touring just to name a few. I don't know what will happen to it all when he passes away. Sad to see all that vintage tin going to waste.
    Wp

13. Might be a little O/T, but I am digging that blue & white 1950's Kenworth(?) bullnose road tractor that's in some of the photos. Tell me that wouldn't make an awesome hauler project!

14. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Man, that's some cool stuff!! I want to just roam around there with a pocket full of cash! That's only about 20-30 minutes south of me. Any chance of that happening? PM me and we'll go out there soon. There are lots of things Vanessa and I need for our projects.

15. skidsteer

skidsteer

justmetony, you could teach some of the guys on this site a thing or two! I am nowhere near these cars, but if I wuz, I'd be at the front of the line. Telling the HAMB where they are at; that you have contacted the owner; that you will get prices; that you will list them for sale; and that you HAVE NO INTENTION OF Keeping this place a secret!!!! Welcome to the HAMB, and did I forget to say thank you?

16. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

ok thats it.i'm real close to sand mnt. you gotta send me a pm and tell me where thats at PULEASE

17. justmetony

justmetony

The way I look at it, is I could never do anything with all these, so if I can help someone else, then great. But, don't worry I have my eye on something and I hope I can pull together the funding to get it. When I get the prices and post them, I hope it can help my fellow HAMBers out. DId anyone look at all the doors he had lined up in that one picture, he also has front ends and hoods stacked up too, there is stuff everywhere. It is a little gold mine of goodies and with original parts getting fewer and fewer, I am more then happy to help others.

18. justmetony

justmetony

Good news all, the prices are being put together now, I should start [posting them this weekend. keep checking bsack. also, I can arrange tours if anyone wants to come down and check out the place.

19. banditomerc

banditomerc

20. vertible59

vertible59

You are correct, sir! That '60 FORD 2-dr Galaxie sedan ROCKS, and is a fairly rare car today. Sure would love to have it too, but I don't need another project...dreams are cool, anyhow.

21. Ballistic_Tip

Ballistic_Tip
    from OKC

That's a hell of a find!!! Tag for prices...I would pull down from OKC for some of those.

22. This old Anglia van lost his way,and then some???GASSER![​IMG]

23. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

I see a nice Packard against the fence, and a bulletnose Studebaker against a big blue bus.

24. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

I spotted that Too!!:D Don't know about gasser material but they make excellent fast road cars,having had one in school decades ago.Many debauched time was had in the back too;). and rust free looking ,I'd bet it would fetch a pretty euro or two back home .
    [​IMG]

25. WagonKiller

WagonKiller
    BANNED

lol i could use i NICE set of 56 chevy fenders!

26. justmetony

justmetony

Ok, got good news, finally have some prices. I posted them in the sale area look for old car cemetary a restin and a rustin on the sales side.

27. oh yes;nice touch,revolution wheels,sweet!

[​IMG]

28. justmetony

justmetony

If anyone wants to come out and look around, I will set something up for this weekend. I just need to know.
    Thanks

29. S.F.

S.F.

Wow, thats only the second one I've ever seen in my entire life.

Attached Files:

30. kiwicowboy

kiwicowboy
    from linwood nc

photos look good, whot about the$$$$$$$