Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT? Planning a trip to Australia, New Zealand and Japan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by caddyman65, Feb 16, 2009.

1. caddyman65

caddyman65

So i`m planning a trip in November. 2 weeks in Australia, a week in New Zealand and a week in Japan, I was hoping you locals could maybe help me with things to see, places to go, things to avoid and if there are any car shows going on at that time. I know it`s little far off but I`m trying to get some sort of itinarary planned before I book the flights.:)

2. the picnic at pakenham and bright rod run are the first two weekends in Nov.
    not sure of the dates this year but you are in the ballpark. fly into Melbourne for these, have fun!

3. 7-9th November - NZ Street rod nationals, Rotorua, New Zealand

SULPHUR CITY R&CC
    2009 STREET ROD NATIONALS
    Sulphur City R&CC are well under way with the organizing of the nationals.
    The venue will be the Blue Lake Holiday Park and at the moment we have put a hold on all bookings until we have caravans set in place with costings etc. The club is talking with NZHRA regarding a prize for the best CLUB SITE. More details to follow on this but get together with your club and get a theme under way!!
    Meetings are being held with a few companies regarding naming rights and as soon as this is signed off we will be able to go to print with entry forms etc. We are also looking at being able to register via NZHRAs site http://www.hotrod.org.nz and setting up credit card payment.
    Going by the ideas that are coming out of the Nationals meetings we have had to date, this will be an event you won’t want to miss. We are well aware of the tough times ahead and will be making this event top class but not to hard on the pocket..
    Last but not least, if you are a business owner/manager that feels that being part of the Nationals could be beneficial to you, please feel free to contact us via the club email [email protected]
    Remember, the dates are 6<SUP>th</SUP>-9<SUP>th</SUP> November so book your holidays.
    Regards,
    Sulphur City Rod & Custom Club

4. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

not car stuff but you have to see Port Douglass and dive the great barrier reef

5. caddyman65

caddyman65

Thanks for the info so far, keep it coming but feel free to suggest non car things to do and see also.

6. caddyman65

caddyman65

7. around first week or so of December is typically the Mooneyes show in Yokohama.

8. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Can't answer you questions, but I'm seriously green with envy. That's my dream trip.

Doc.

9. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Amen to that! What else can be said about the Great Barrier Reef, other than INCREDIBLE!!!

If possible, get to Sydney for a hike up and over the Harbor Bridge. King's Cross at night is a blast. Zoom over to Bathurst if any car stuff is going on. Melbourne's restored section is fun. In fact, I've not been anywhere in Oz that wwasn't too much fun for a Yank to stand.

10. caddyman65

caddyman65

All good stuff, keep it coming! Is there anyway to find out exact dates on that Mooneyes show?

11. caddyman65

caddyman65

Got the dates for the mooneyes show...anything else?

12. Firefly

Firefly

NZ both islands have a lot to offer scenery, beaches etc, etc PM me with your addy and I will send you some touristy bumph to give you an idea.

13. Wheelless

Wheelless

I have some suggestions - double the duration of your trip... you wont regret it. And go trout fishing in New Zealand - amazing river systems and fish.

14. theladylux

theladylux

You should PM 'Mark in Japan'.
    He hooked us up when I was in Japan...seriously, he could probably give you a list of places to check out.

The Obvious: Mooneyes in Yokohama....well worth the train ride & taxi...there are some other Kustom Kultur shops in Yokohama too.

There's a lot of really cool stuff over there, around Tokyo, especially if you're into vintage clothes....racks & racks of originals & TONS of repro too.

Come to think of it, I think Mooneyes is having a show in March.
    I'll have to see if I can find the info.

Good Luck!

15. theladylux

theladylux

Ooops- I just realized you aren't going until November...guess the March show is out! hahaha.
    The Mooneyes Yokohama show is normally the first Sunday in Dec....and it's awesome! I went last year.
    I highly recommend.

16. caddyman65

caddyman65

I`m allready adjusting my trip to make the mooneyes show in Japan:D

17. George G

George G

The luge runs at Rotarua and Queenstown

18. GlenC

GlenC

You travelling with family, kids? the Gold Coast is warm and sunny that time of year. Beaches, theme parks, it's Australia's major tourist destination for locals and visitors, and quiet during November before school holidays, and after schoolies festival.

Cheers, Glen.

19. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

PM Keen I think you met him when he came into town a couple years ago.

20. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

WANA see some 'natives'................. they are all in the NORTH Island of NZ...:D

..HAVE a mate that knows a mate's brother who knows some good strip clubs :eek:

21. wandi harry

wandi harry

Bright rod run is prety cool. Heaps of cruising ,good vibe and in a fantastic part of austalia,the Victorian high country. Maybe not a hell of a lot of traditional rods but one of Australias bigger runs. About 3.5 hrs north east of melbourne.