Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Art Challenge 13 - WOOD!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nate, Feb 16, 2009.

1. The Hamb has spoke. and I'm trying my best to listen :D

The next art challenge is WOOD..

[​IMG]

This is another topic that is very much up to interpretation. All I ask is that your ideas 1. Be awesome and 2. Not suck.

WOOD!

As always, only post art that was created by yourself specifically for the art challenge.
    Voting begins March 15.

WOOD!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  2. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

THANK YOU !!!!!!!! NATE YOU THE MAN!!!!! now I hope I can really come up with a piece that fulfills your number 1 and 2 descriptions

3. HR Classic Cars

HR Classic Cars
    from Wylie, TX

OK, I'll take a go at this.. maybe a little off-topic, but for me music and cars are interrelated.

Designed and build this guitar from scratch.. plays great, it's a hollow body electric.

Attached Files:

4. H3O

H3O

Sweet!!! I've been waitin for this!:D:cool:

5. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

6. Awesome.. and in 5 hours too! ;)

that's really cool, but make sure you just post stuff that's made just for the art challenge.. otherwise we'll have Jigger posting stuff he did when he was 6 :D

7. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

Ok explain this to a n00b... what exactly is the challenge? to create anything in anyway artistically involving wood?

Or are there any criteria? and how many submissions can a person add?

8. The theme is Wood.. mostly Woodies, but it's open to other ideas too. It should also relate to what the HAMB stand for.

You can submit as many times as you want to but your name will only appear on the poll once (that way you aren't competing with yourself). If you have any other questions you can let me know or check out the first 12 challenges.

9. Sander

Sander

A quick Q Nate; Does wood laminate count?

I gots me an idea if that's OK

10. fine with me!

11. MEMPHIS RAT

MEMPHIS RAT
    BANNED

another qoestion, carving tiki's, that okay right???

12. 51Gringo

51Gringo
    from Nor Cal

Not for entry, or related to hamb-life, but nevertheless..neato.[​IMG]

13. 51Gringo

51Gringo
    from Nor Cal

14. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

So many puns, so little time.....

I may throw a chicken skratch at this one. It's been a while since I did a sketch. Mine suck compared to Jigger and Nate, but WTF?

It's gonna depend on work - I am getting beat on - I have a stack of CAD work up to my eyes....

~Damion

15. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

funny, I am just starting to research on how to build a vanden plas style body...any good links to 3 litre bentleys all in thier naked wood framed glory?

16. I take exception to this comment. I have yet to post anything from when I was 6. I do, however, accept this challenge with great anticipation tho I feel bad that Woodguy may get left out.

17. Teapot display cabinet for Sweetie's collection.
    [​IMG]

No nails, no screws, no metal of any kind used.

Free hanging on the wall.

Many husband points gained.:D

18. My apologies sir.* The next challenge might be "Things you did when you were 6.." that way there is less confusion. Also, the Woodguy is going through some tuff stuff.. so lets do this for him.

*Mark, thanks for being the butt of my joke.. you are a good sport and a stand up human, mostly. ;)

19. Ok! We have some nice examples of wood craftsmanship.. but lets not post any more besides official Art Challenge entries. Thanks!

20. I'm not understanding the parameters.

The guitar and wooden body frame on the sports car don't qualify?

I can see the cabinet I posted not qualifying, no prob there, but what the heck are you looking for?

Hand carved stuff?
    Small stuff destined to display on a table?

Something that would perhaps qualify, but was made a few years back is not allowed?

Art is in the eye of the beholder is it not?

21. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Aren't these challenges typically artwork depicting a particular car? So in this case, it would be woodie related HAMB friendly artwork in pixels, paper, pencil or paint. Right?

22. Let me clarify. I had several people that wanted to do an Art Challenge based on the Woodie. I thought that was a fine idea, but maybe we should open it up a little so I made the topic Wood. As I see it, anything related to wood and what the HAMB stand for (pre 65 hotrods and customs and everything that goes with that) is great.

The reason the guitar and wood car above don't qualify is that they don't meet one of the two guidelines for the Art challenge, the same as we have done for the first 12.

1. The art must be created just for the art challenge. (I drew woodie last year but I didn't do it for this contest)
    2. The art must be created buy the person posting it (My cousin drew this wouldn't count)

Does that make sense? It's not so much the content.. I'm very open on that.

23. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

EDIT: Too late:) Weird how much chicks love teapots eh?

24. They generally are.. you're right.. this one I think it is a bit more open that that. I drawing of a woodie is obviously good.. but if you want to carve a model A from a block of maple that would be cool too. The great thing is that the people vote.

HAMB related AND WOOD.. get artistic with it.

25. Naw,... just a butt.

Django, Wood carvers, leather smiths, photographers and metal men are encouraged to join. The subject is "wood" How ever you interpret that short of the profane.(not that you'd even consider going there.)
    I think Nate would prefer the subject remain true to the H.A.M.B., in that
    it should be Hot Rod, Custom and/or traditional culture related.
    A wood carving of Rat Fink would qualify, A shelf unite, as beautiful and masterfully crafted as it is, wouldn't meet the criteria.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  26. Django

Django
    from Chicago

27. Sander

Sander

Did this sketch last night, (not my official entry...just an exploration of the pencil, if you will) just wanted to make sure (again) if this was OK...its a post HAMB ride...but with HAMB flavor (right?).
    Fake wood paneled KNOT WOOD..or SPORTIN WOOD...or FIRE WOOD...maybe KNOT ROD...
    [​IMG]

Sander

28. I would say the awesomeness of the drawing transcends the O/Tness of the subject :D

It made me giggle too.

29. zzford

zzford

Here's a couple of mine ...

Attached Files:

30. H3O

H3O

gonna build a new one and make it look cooler. i'll do some drawings and submit later.
    [​IMG]