Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who's signed up for Detroit Autorama?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by safari-wagon, Jan 15, 2009.

1. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Will do. Have a safe drive. You moved to Cali??? Best of luck out there.

2. I gotta get my application in. Gonna be another cold drive for me. I cant wait.

3. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll be there. Missed it last year as Amelia Island conflicted with the "good stuff" but this year I catch a break. Sorry, no car...

4. 1935olds

1935olds

I plan on being there with the "35" Olds coupe, still haven't heard from them in my regristration yet.

5. 5 of us from cleveland sent our registration in.....

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  6. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Talked to Dennis last night & he said that a few cars in the basement were identified as HAMB members cars.
    He told me to tell everybody that if we let him know that if a car belongs a HAMBer, he'll try to group all of us together.
    If you didn't put HAMB on the registration, PM me with the name on the form & I'll pass it onto him.

7. i'll be there this year...been every yeear for over 5 now....looking forward to meeting everyone i can from here..picking up my rearend from Earl there too!!!maybe i could throw it out by you guys and "practice" for next year:p:p:p:p:p....honestly, if it weren't for burning my foot last fall, i was reallly hopeing to had Lil Beast there in a "roller" mode..but....so plan on driving there next year....anyone hear if Dave (Littleman) is coming with DDS or his truck???.................

8. LDNFAST

LDNFAST

i'll be there with virtually everythbing possible changed on my car from last year our club Road Devils will be there in the basement with 9 cars and i believe all of them are fellow HAMBsters. stop by and say hi

9. dart165

dart165

so pardon my ignorace here, but it's my first time entering a car into autorama... is there any access to a hose or anything to rinse the cars off? i'm gonna be driving the 54 down, and if this shitty MI weather is any indication of things, it'll still be shitty in a month, and my car is gonna be a goddam mess by the time i get to cobo..

anybody know?

10. fatabone

fatabone

There has been a hose set up just outside the back loading door in the basement the past few years I've been there.

11. dart165

dart165

good deal. thanks!

12. 33Tudor

33Tudor

Does it count if a couple of my buddies are gonna set up their cars and we're just gonna be there as spectators? Orbitron, Milk Truck?

13. Looks like I missed this thread and the thread I started got missed my everyone else:eek:

http://jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=330294

Dennis and I have started laying cars out on the floor plan and have clubs and a few people request to be parked togeather but not much HAMB spicific request.

So far it's shaping up to be a great show as always many new cars, and with more room this year I feel there will be something for everyone.

14. It's gonna be a great show.

15. Were going and taking Jim Darby's bad ass 40 coupe

Attached Files:

16. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

I'm bringing 3 cars out from kansas, we are driving them! So Is there a car wash close by or can we use someones hose to wash them off ? Never been to cobo only been to detroit 1 time before, any first time advice for me? shown indoors many times but these cars are driven and not hauled, not bringing all the set up lights and stuff, just short and sweet here they are, Kustoms in there true form, but I want em clean!! I will have all my clean up stuff just might need a hose, advice tips, and we are staying and the athenuem is that place ok ?

17. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Do you all know who is sponsoring this?This thread gets three pages of support for the same sponsored show we get hassel for.Guess you all are way cooler in Detroit.Thats a good thing.

18. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

To tell you the truth I do not pay attention to who sponsors what...To me its just Detroit and a chance to talk to some like minded people for the most part..........Its too distracting and takes too much time and mis guided energy to complain over names or this magazine that or this.....I am thankful for the venue no matter who sponsors it.............no sponsors no mid winter escape show.........But thats me...I am fairly easy to get along with........Littleman...I have yet to meet anyone at the Detroit show that I did not like....

Lucky to get any sponsors in this day and age......The USA is in bad shape....

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  19. Lucky77

Lucky77

My move in passes arrived in the mail Friday. I think there's 7-8 of us Nightmares that plan on having cars there. My pal Clay (Hillbilly Hell) is coming up from VA. with some of his bikes. Last night I got my old intake off and I'm starting to get things going with the new six deuce setup for the sedan. I'm heading to Mexico in less than two weeks and Viva Las Vegas in April. But I'm way more excited about these four days in Detroit, can't wait to see everybody!

Here's a pic of the sedan in case you missed the thread I started yesterday.

Attached Files:

20. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

Scott,
    Take that six shooter off right now and put that single 2bbl back on before you hurt yourself......or let me try it out first!

21. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Somebody mentioned to me that there are only 15 "working" days until the show...

AAARRGH!!! :eek::eek::eek:

22. Ok last chance to let me know if you want a HAMB area.

I have to admit there hasn't been much of a response.

I will say there are plenty of HAMB people entered and do support the show but they are mostly involved with clubs and have already been placed togeathr on the floor.

THe Singlefingerhotrrods are togeather in one area and I do have a open isle near them that I saved for HAMB members, so I will still do what I can if I get anymore intrest.

Thanks to everyone that has already entered, we are way ahead on entrys compared to years past and have some really good stuff to show.

See everyone in a couple of weeks.

23. A HAMB meet and greet area would be GREAT!!!

Last year there was a little confusion, but we managed to gather near the "Rat Fink" tribute marry-go-round in the lower level (aka basement)

Get Dennise involved, maybe she'll even bring her world famous cookies?!!

24. The Singlefinger crew will be hosting a "meet & greet" for the HAMBers every day.

You can PM Safari-Wagon, he has offered to host the meet and greet near his 4 car display.

25. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

There was no confusion last year, the Meet & Greets were all planned for that exact spot well in advance and there was a huge Meet & Greet and Roll Call thead up to let folks know well before the show which I'll once again do here shortly. Like Roadster said, Safari-Wagon has offered his display area for the festivities and has even offered to supply snacks and beverages. I'll also once again be hosting a HAMB Mingle at my place on the Saturday night of the Autorama. I sure hope you can make it. I'll get a seperate M&G/Roll Call thread up here later tonight along with some other tid bits of info for folks visiting the area.

26. Dennise,

Sorry, the confusion was on my part?!:eek:
    I was upstairs with the pinstripers and didn't find out about the basement location until about 5 minute before we (HAMBers) gather for the group photo!:D

I'm still planning on attending and might even make an apperance at your place...If I don't end up somewhere else?!?:eek:

27. kool1

kool1

Just been confirmed I'll be there with my 56 Chevy
    kool1

28. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

I'll be there wednesday setting up... not Welder Series, just going to help my Tucci friends. I might go back later in the week.