Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Austin Reliability

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Woodguy

Woodguy

Great photos, looks like a good time.
    Am I mistaken, or is the girl in the 5 window wearing ear protection?
    My wife says she needs to do the same in my truck! Too funny.

2. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

I think that Laura wears those not because the car is so loud, she doesn't want to have to listen to Dave.:D:D:D

B:rolleyes:B

3. Von Franco

Von Franco

Yes what a great time,Norm knows the coolest routs, and Will's place is just to cool as well. But man this city boy couldn't handle that much country space. And never get into a rock skipping contest with Ryan,I think he was a ringer lol. and thanks to all who came out.
    Endsville Franco........

4. Great pictures of neat cars on a run through a beautiful area with friends/family. Hard to beat a day like that. We at least had the blue skies today, guess that's a start.

5. greasy lil girl

greasy lil girl

The day couldn't have been better. It was a terrific drive, thanks to Norm aka King Of Back Roads. Big thanks to Will for letting us not only take over the ranch but for letting me off road like a crazy woman!

It was an amazing day of family, friends, and hot rods. Glad I was a part of it!

6. BLAKE

BLAKE

Dude... Laura's 'Ear Mufflers' are legendary... look REALLY closely at her avatar!

[​IMG]

7. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Looks cool. Had a great time driving through TX back in '90 on my way out to CA, NO, LA to Galveston, to Waco, to Dallas, to Alpine ("Swiss Alps of TX"), then to El Paso. The hill country part was cool, I do remember. We stayed at a nice campground 1 night the was on a nice swimming lake. Oddly, in August, hardly anyone was there. Didn't make it to Austin, but now wish I had. Maybe some day before long.

Are halfway decent 2-3 bedroom houses under $500K there? If they are, maybe I should pack up now. :D Good BBQ is on the top of my list of great foods.

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That looks like a lot more fun than sitting in a parking lot in a lawn chair all afternoon.

I think we all need more "lets go for a drive". Events that are centered around the drive rather than playing show car for the afternoon.

9. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

On the 7th day, when the big guy upstairs wanted to rest, he went to Austin.

10. Silva

Silva

great time out there guys - love the photos. Theres nothing quite like seeing those cars bombing down those back country Texas roads. Of course - the cattle-catchers didn't like those low customs too much. I think Silva was sweatin bullets in the shoebox.

yeah we got it good here in Austin.[/QUOTE]

Dude...You have no Idea! Cow creek road is a challenge in a borrowed custom.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  11. greasy lil girl

greasy lil girl

[/quote] Dude...You have no Idea! Cow creek road is a challenge in a bitchin borrowed custom.[/quote]

Hell Kevin, Cow Creek Road wasn't easy in my old Studebaker either! I think the only way that road would be easy is in a 4X4! There were a few I was worried about you guys getting over!

12. I really liked all the pics, but it is so refreshing to see a '32 with a roof and 5 windows. That car is a beauty.

13. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Wow, that is sooo bitchin. Cool customs and kickass hotrods enjoying the country roads. I love it!!!!!

We need to see some of that around here, of course we wont have any pratt or howard customs.

14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm afraid to count how many "cover cars" were on that reliability run... Pretty damn cool to see them on the road and in an environment they were built to be in. RAD.

For all of the amazing cars we have in this area and all of the amazing builders and creative types, I still consider DW's coupe to be the baddest in the land. I love every notion that car gives me.

[​IMG]

15. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

I didnt know it was a car get together???

Three quads and some Kawasaki mule on steroids with 90 acres to haul ass around made it seem like a hunting trip gone wrong!

The whole day I was looking at the rifle bag on the back of that thing, not knowing that shotguns were right behind us banging us in the back of the head as we did Jackass golf cart jumps in it. Sorry Will....it was Jeff driving the WHOLE time.

I hope we get to do it all again soon.

-Jason

16. Von Franco

Von Franco

Ah Jason ,I think one of those jackass drivers was you and I can remember when you ran into a couple of trees and wiped out DW ha ha .............

17. L.A.W.

L.A.W.
    from Austin

Shhh! That was supposed to be our little secret. :)

18. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Wow what a great run, it was cool to see Mikes Buick on the run , we had fun building it I know Mike has fun Driving it.The Fordoor Deuce was cool echos of Carol's Fordoor , dig the roofrack , cool coops too. I see Lee has settled in with Both his cars on the run :)
    I'll see Y'all at the Roundup ;)

19. Elrod

Elrod

20. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

That '58 slays me!

Thanks for the photos, gets me excited for our summer, can't wait for the snow to melt so I can get back to enjoying the roads again!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  21. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yeah, it's the best '58 ever built in my opinion... It looks so damn swang going down the road with Lee behind the wheel.

22. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

23. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Man I miss the TX hill country. You guys are living right down there! My girl & I have been talking 'bout moving to Austin this summer. After reading and seeing those pics there is no doubt Austin will soon be our home.

24. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

I'm right there with ya, Ryan. I lived my whole life in KC. I came down here for Roundup #1 and #2 and knew that I'd end up moving here, sooner or later. I've been here almost three years now and I still can't get enough. Every time I think I'm bored in Austin, I just step outside and remember that there's ALWAYS something going on in this town. When I get my daily '62 truck done, I'm building a traditional rod just for stuff like this run. (if I'm invited :D) Anyone have a spare Model A Tudor lying around?

25. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

This is perhaps the best example of why I love this place. In California I lived within a mile of about 20 different hot rods and customs and never hung out with or even met most of them. Since coming to Austin I have met some of my best pals and learned more about the hobby I love than I know what to do with. That looks like a perfect day in my opinion. I really can't wait to get my coupe on the road, because I'd really like to be a part of this someday.

26. Austin looks like a great place but events like this can be done anywhere. Too many car guys want to drive a few miles and spend the day on a lawn chair. We need to be more like bikers and RIDE.

27. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

No we don't... promise. :)

28. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

29. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Well, we could at least wear chaps. Right?... guys?...

30. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

One "full moon" in Austin is enough, unless you plan on wearing jeans under the chaps...in which case what's the point???:p