Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. sled

sled

LIFESTYLZ,how are you mate??yeah,more stuff on the go soon,junk is endless..well,at list for a good while!!

Tom is on holidays still with his family,we restart soon on the Merc...But is comin out killer for sure...still lot to do,but you start seeing the flowin lines already...all bare metal!

How's your Lincoln??Already chopped ???Post som pix for all to see

catch ya soon, Sled

2. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

Funnier still to see it next to that butchered Fiat Topolino.

3. sled

sled

yeah guys,sometimes is really surrealistic down here...so many contrasts....but you don't get bored for sure!!

4. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    Just a normal cruise in DF and you bet you can always see some new stuff around sittin in the streets...mind you,nowadays there is a govermental program against not registed cars layin around...they tow em away pretty quick! And to go find em in the police car corral is a game too...it cost some good bucks to take it out too...
    That's why there are not many old cars sittin abandoned in DF anymore,at list not like 5 and more years ago...10 years ago this place was almost an open space junkyard!!

Attached Files:

5. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    Well,looks like that in Mexico there are many more 3w Fords than 5w,at list according to my hunting experience...cool,but strange!!Anyway, this 36 has been fully restored in stock form...lovely lines as usual...such cars are timeless and to me they will look even better in 20 years..Actually im workin on couple others,still sittin and waitin to be rescued!!

Attached Files:

6. sled

sled

MagnusB,thanks as usual buddy...workin on more,recently im movin back also on old bikes,Hd's ,Indians and old Bmw's...tryin to get a 47 Knuckle now...complete but apart,will see how it goes...Sled

7. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Jeeze Sled, you really find the cool shit don't you!

Just out of curiosity, how far have you shipped cars before?You must have had some overseas customers I would think.

8. sled

sled

Fencepost86,yeah...i have worldwide customers...i do send containers all over the world with cars and some bikes too....

Hey,today is a cool day,very hectic but lot of fun..just found a lot of 50's Cadillacs in a barn,including a 59 series 62 convertible ,a 56 convertible (probably Eldorado) and couple more in 1 place...then running elsewhere a 40's Cadillac herse commplete with old aged paint..tomorrow have to meet the owner of this one,LOVE gothic hearses...have to buy this one!!
    And found an old Bmw R51/3 disassembleb but complete...

And a 58 Edsel,but is a moredoor,i don't count this....

well,gotta go..still more work to do...later Sled

9. razorback

razorback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Sweden

Sled, this thread RULE!!!!!!!! Keep em' comming!

10. sled

sled

Razorback,i will,i will.....runnin also today to gt my hands in more junk...pics soon as usual....Sled

11. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

and it's on a shortened Vw pan :D:D:D:D it's 1970 again.

12. Wicked50

Wicked50

What toen you guys finding all these cars in????

13. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

14. I guess this is where I must go to get me one, that is my favourite car, the 46 ford super coupe!

15. sled

sled

Dirtynails,now...that's some funny shit!!!Just been to Sayulita beach recently,small surf spot close to Puerto Vallarta,mostly owned by americans...prices went really up cause of this!!Perhaps good Patrick was still there,who knows??
    Hey Dirty..you gotta be aussie,do you???

16. sled

sled

Cockeyed,then i'll save a good one for ya....or you need more than one???

17. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

Si! muchacho !
    A mate has some friends ( exspooks) who were all buying up in the mountains, cant remember the name off hand but it sounds like a brilliant place to retire....and listen to tales of ex us presidents and their wives:)

18. sled

sled

Love aussies,have a great sense of humour... sure you use a Henrob as a welder too...have a good one, mate!!

19. Wow just finished going through all 45 pages....Those are some amazing cars!! Thanks for sharing Sled!!

Can't wait for the next installment.

20. sled

sled

Trashing,welcome..glad you like it!
    Well,almost ready to post more stuff..been hunting recently with decent results..so,you'll see em soon....Sled

21. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

Sled, Great finding this early iron... I have a 3 car and a 2 car trailer... when do I leave out? Im leaving South Carolina for California on Monday, shall I make a detour?
    racinman

22. sled

sled

Racinman,if you're seriuos welcome down ..it will be fun for sure...still a good amount here to be saved,no problem..glad im not livin in the grat north..when i saw those rotten stuff from up there makes me really sad...
    keep in touch by PM if you want to....Sled

23. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

Been a while since you posted some 3 window pics sled. Have you finally found them all..?

24. sled

sled

Original patina,been lucky enuff recently.....gor 1 for ya,but im workin on couple more...hope to get more pix soon...in the meantime get this 35 project...just found!!
    Is really impressive down here..looks like there are many more 3w Fords than 5w...al list accordin on my finds!!!Love it...Sled

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  25. hunter_lake

hunter_lake

Wow, thats awesome ..... anything in the 23 to 30 vintage?

26. sled

sled

Hunter lake,which car make you're lookin for??Well,i guess Fords ...just to be sure...

27. hunter_lake

hunter_lake

Fords, chevys, dodges ..... I'm not too picky .... would love to find a buildable 28 ford sedan but i dig em all!

28. ricardo_rocha

ricardo_rocha
    from Brazil

Great thread...Nice to see cars like this is Latin America....

29. sled

sled

Ricardo,thanks...glad you like it!BTW,this is still North America...not latin America.
    Stay tuned,more stuff comin soon....recently i've been kinda lucky!! Sled

30. Magnus B

Magnus B

Sled:
    Been to visit some friends recently and talkin betwen each other one of these locals has a car that does not like it much,he had it in trade of somethin..simply is not his style!He asked me if i want to take a look at,and of course here we go camera on hand....it happens to be a very nice 46 Buick sedanette....torally rust free and in dry storage!Well,not so bad to me.....

Attached Files: