Register now to get rid of these ads!

AHH its raining and I need Wipers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shiftymutt, Feb 16, 2009.

1. The wipers in my 62 Galaxie don't work and I need to replace the motor. is there an easy conversion kit to a better wiper motor. I would prefer to run an electric motor.

You help is greatly appreciated.

2. Yeah I did that...problem is that it was still scary as hell driving to work today with no wipers....

Thanks for the suggestion.

3. NewPort Engineering

Dan

4. I have 64 Galaxie wiper motors that are electric. I'll have to see if its a bolt in swap, or??

5. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Newport Engineering makes electrics for just about anything, but be prepared to drop about $300. You could always measure between your wiper studs and head to the junkyard. If you find something that has the same distance between and roughly the same size windshield, you may be able to adapt a late model motor to your system. It may not be perfect, but it'll work.

6. atch

atch

i would have said New Port, too, but unless i'm reading this wrong, they don't have anything for a '62 galaxie.

how about seein' if one of your local electric motor shops can rewind/rebuild your existing motor for you?

7. This sounds like the best bet if no one offers a new or rebuilt unit. I changed out the one in my 62 Ford with a new one, but that was 25 years ago!:rolleyes::)

8. r8odecay

r8odecay

I once had an OT BMW, and the drivers window motor didn't work, at all. So the junker wanted 150 for a no guarantee one. I took mine apart, cleaned it all out, lubed up the contact points, undercut the armature, checked all the internal wiring for shorts and corrosion, cleaned it again, and put it back together, ...and I"LL BE DAMNED IT WORKED.

9. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

rain x is great, dont need wipers. I just drovve today in LA like that, it worked fine, just gotta apply carefully, sorta