Register now to get rid of these ads!

more model a help please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by crider, Feb 14, 2009.

1. crider

crider

I got my wood body mounting blocks today, and now realize I have no idea how they go. Anybody have a picture of wich block goes where? This is on a 30 tudor. Thanks in advance.

2. 37CoupeE

37CoupeE

I hope someone can help with this, I'm not sure where they go on my 31 Pick-up either.
    It probably is pretty stright forward but who knows.
    I've tried checking the internet with no luck yet.

3. fatheroz

fatheroz

This shows the wood and bolt locations for '30-31 Coupe, Sport Coupe, and Bus Coupe. And I've added'30-'31 Roadster too.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  4. 37CoupeE

37CoupeE

Thank You farheroz, this is exactly what I needed.
    It is not for a truck cab but it gives me an idea where they go.

5. crider

crider

Anyone have pics of them installed?

6. fatheroz

fatheroz

That's not really possible. When properly installed, they're covered by the subrails and cross channels. And if you mean laid out on the frame before setting the body on, that's not really very easy either.

Their main function is to support the body and subrails in larger areas than just where the rails touch the frame. So the blocks sort of balance on the frame rail and hang over the edges to support more of the subrails and channels. You can't really lay them out like they go because they won't stay there. Like the number 4 and 5 blocks. They only touch the frame where the bolt goes through, and the rest of them hang over the sides and gravity takes over.

It's actually one of those tasks that will make more sense after you start doing it. Once you get the correct hole in the block of wood located at the right hole in the frame, and if you're the guy underneath, you'll see how it goes.

You have to have someone lift the body up, you underneath to slip the wood and rubber pads into position and another someone above to drop the bolt through. Not all of them are that bad but it will require some jiggling around.