Register now to get rid of these ads!

Small Block Ford INFO

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldfardyfode, Feb 15, 2009.

1. oldfardyfode

oldfardyfode

Help !!----I am trying to put a Sanden AC compressor on a Small Block Ford...I need part numbers for 2 groove pulleys (Crank/waterpump)....More importantly, Where can I get a set of pulleys to do this....I know there is some aftermarket maker but I don't know enough bout the Ford situation to give a Fab person decent measurements...I know it is a long waterpump....Thx, Oldfardyfode

2. I would think one of the companies that supplies AC kit with the Sanden compressor would have the parts you need or some kind of kit. I would think it would all be pretty standard on a Ford set up.

3. oldfardyfode

oldfardyfode

I bought the stuff from Southern Rods for a 32 with a SB Chevy.....No motor brackets come with it...Called SR yesterday. They don't do Brackets. At least the fella I talked with said that....Looking through parts books to no avail either....Chevy pulleys are everywhere...NO FODE....Don't want a Serpetine system....Supposed to be old looking....Driver quality...THX for the reply.....CJ.

4. SBF FEAD (Front End Accessory Drive) is pretty complicated due mainly to the numerous years of production. What era (year) 289 do you have and how many accessories do you want to drive?

5. 63Compact

63Compact

Make sure you get the pulleys for the crank and waterpump from the same engine Ford pulleys are a mother to mix and match. I think some 72 and on 302's run the twin pulley system for power steer, but make sure you get the both pulleys or it dont work and nothing will line up. good luck...

6. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I think there is a company called old air products or something similar who sells all the brackets and pulleys for alot of motors,I think they even have a adapter to put a modern compressor of the york style brackets. I cant find the catalog right now and will try to find it later after I get back from the swapmeet.

7. ghetto shelf

ghetto shelf

Try Hot Rod Air Inc.
    hotrodair.com
    210-651-0040
    Trying to find a used set of pulleys that will line up for a Ford is a pain in the ass.You might also try vintageair.com.
    Hope this helps.

8. I an assuming he wants an early OEM setup (ALT & AC-No PS) that will also accept a SANDEN compressor. No billet, right?

9. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

My old Vintage Air compressor mounts don't look like much until you bolt them onto the cylinder head. Then they look like an elegant and clever solution to the problem.

10. oldfardyfode

oldfardyfode

RIGHT.....As close to OEM as Possible ,...NO Billet wanted.....I will try anything You guys suggest !!!! THANKS, CJ.

11. Are you looking for HI-MOUNT or LOW-MOUNT, ALT and AC on same/opposite sides and what year 289 do you have? What side do you want the AC COMP ON-driver or passenger?

12. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

I can't speak for all cars, but '60's Mustangs had one groove pulleys for manual steer, two groove for power steer, A/C cars had a third, and much smaller groove on the pulley for the compressor. They should mix and match pretty easily, since all used the same water pump, although I bought a two groove crank pulley off ebay a while back and I had to machine .060" off the diameter because it rubbed in the water pump pulley in one spot. If you can't fins it on ebay, NPD sell repros at a reasonable price.