Register now to get rid of these ads!

WEAR YOUR HELMETS!! Accident pics of me

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cfnutcase, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I'm glad you're all right and everything. You have to watch out for those snow piles...

2. Abomination

Abomination

Nothin' like gore to pound that home...

I say the HAMB needs more of it! :D

~Jason

3. Nice LC quote Spoggie. So very true.

We often say around here at my work where we deal in protection for the two and four wheel riding kind: "there's those that have, and those that will".

We'd prefer to just keep the helmet side up period, but that Gravity's a sneaky and tenacious foe.

I like to see folks cheat death, and, actually get to on a regular basis. Helmets are cool like that.

hdh

4. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

I have 2 favorite Motorcycle quotes.

"It's not IF You crash, But WHEN You crash..."

and "Dress for the crash, not for the ride. it's not a fuckin rolling fashion show."

Both from my Pops.

5. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

I know one thing seeing that almost made me blow chunks!Glad your ok and still with us! I tend to be a dumbass at times when it come to ridin also but the worst thing i have ever done is i jumped on my crotch rocket on the way to work one morning about 4am and was pushin to see hopw fast i could go before i got scared well at 117mph without a helmet that ws fast enough! I say that then with my helmet i hit 146 before i let out not the smartest thing i have ever done but luckily there were no consequences as i have a 16 month old son and after i thought to myself im a F ing idiot!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  6. Damn dude, your hair aint ever gonna lay right again....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  7. Ouch Dude!
    I know, Brainbuckets do nothing for your sexappeal, but it beats having your ass wiped by a nurse with a moustachio !
    Heal up well bro and then show your battlescars to the little ladies at the shady beerjoints around town

8. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

WOW.... Thank God your ok.

9. TomCat 1

TomCat 1

Glad to hear your doing O.K. I wouldn't be here today if I hadn't had a brain bucket on the day my 1967 Jap bike went into a high speed wobble and put me down at 95MPH:eek:. It put a 4" crack it my full coverage helmet instead of my head. That was about 30 years ago, still got that same old bike covered up in the back of the shed. Still got the road rash too! Good Luck, TomCat 1:)

10. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

36 years in health care doing X-Ray and C.A.T. Scan; the best advice I can offer is NOT to get a helmet, get RID of the A.T.V. Seriously, in my experience, the helmet just makes identification easier, and allows for an open casket funeral. I know the guys with bikes won't like what I've said, but it's the truth. I know, "30 years riding a bike and never an accident", or the other guy that hops on friends bike to just take it for a spin, and does'nt come back. ALMOST, seen it all. Butch/56sedandelivery.

11. HOLY SHIT!!! Those pic's are very scary, glad to hear your alive. I learned my lesson after what happened to Indian Larry and he was only going about 8mph when we lost him.Good luck in your recovery.

12. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Yup and you shouldnt have unprotected sex either but its done all the time... Ive been down.. hell ive even been dead but they gave me a second chance and all I have right now is my harley.. The wife and I are not gonna quit...
    Dave

13. Went down hard at 13, face into a rock in a streambed. Helmet saved me.

Hell, even ChopperDave rocks a fullface!

14. gnarleynick

gnarleynick
    from ____

Tman, the same thing happened to me, I think I was like 16.

15. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad your going to be alright, I had a lid save my life about 20yrs ago when a guy in a pickup make the classic left turn and I hit him head on on my Harley. Spent 10 days in the Hospital I still have some steel in my leg from it.I was a mess . I still hav'nt learned though ,If its hot and I'm in a free state ,oh well.

16. SteadyT

SteadyT

Thank you very much for posting this, it truly is important.

I flipped a quad doing 35 without a helmet before and was thrown 20 feet into scotch broom which caught me like a net but regardless it scared the piss out of me

17. Zerk

Zerk

Here's to a quick and full recovery. Thanks for the advisory on helmets; I don't think words alone could have gotten the point across as well.

With all due respect, your job is one where "worst cases" are a lot more memorable than mild concussions. This might tend to color your opinion.

A helmet wouldn't save a life at 100 mph, but it's a damn sight better than nothing at low speeds, like riding through town. The decision is an easy one for me.

18. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

You know that full face helmets are a good thing when you take yours off after being down and see gouges across the face of the helmet.
    Helmets are the smart thing for sure, but with that said, this is America and you should have the right to die however you choose, and live free.
    I choose a helmet with my choice.
    Wil
    www.sakowskimotors.com
    p.s. Glad you are okay and got lucky, recover and have fun.

19. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

It's a personal choice, and one of our freedoms is to make our own choices. The really hard part involves those that survived, but now don't really have a life they can enjoy; one that requires someone else to care for even their basic needs. I have seen LOTS of bike accident survivors, many that did well, many that did'nt, and those that did usually got right back on again. Sometimes the helmet helped, sometimes it did'nt. The only "motorcycle" I ever owned was a Honda Express 50cc "pit bike", and I did'nt wear a helmet, but it was never ridden on the street. The only thing that "colored my opinion", is the vulnerability of our bodies, and the fact that only so much can be done sometimes. Most bike accidents ARE NOT the bikers fault, but if you're going to ride, by all means, wear a helmet, proper attire, and ride responsibly(by far the most important). Butch/56sedandelivery.

20. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

My dad use to tell me, If you fuck around long enough your going to get hurt. Boy he wasn't shitting. JC

21. Dayum!! I've been riding on the street since '68, have been down numerous times. I got hit head-on by a cross-dressing Ohio congressman in Key West, broadsided by a girl looking for a cassette on the seat of her dad's Mercury wagon in New Mexico, and have seen others suffer much the same, or worse. I race cars, would never get in one without good belts and a quality helmet.(I have a very nice Bell full-face racing helmet) That said, I never wear a helmet on the bike unless it's raining or below 40 degrees. Iknow, I know, excuses are like assholes, but I just can't get comfortable riding in traffic with my vision and hearing impaired. I like to be able to hear a vehicle coming up from behind me, and I have great peripheral vision, so I don't like to block it off. And no matter what some people say, even with a large-eyehole full-face helmet, I lose some side vision and a whole lot of hearing. As I said, they are excuses. I know I should wear a helmet, just in case my head makes contact with something hard. I tell people they should wear a helmet if they feel the need, that helmets will save your life in the right situation. I'm glad you made it, don't let the negative Nellies tell you what to do (don't sell the ATV unless you decide to) and I applaud your having the honesty to admit the accident was your fault and showing us what can happen. And a big Thank you for volunteering to help out Zeke.

22. I'm glad you are OK. My son had a bad ATV wreck back in 05. He was wearing a helmet, a cheapo full face. He hit a washed out sink hole and flipped end over end runnin about 20mph. The Kawasaki Bayou 250 came down on him...4 skull fractures, snapped his jaw in 2 places and broke his collar bone. He came through just fine, but after the wreck I was looking at his helmet, it had no side to side strength what so ever. He now has a Kevlar/Fiberglass helmet that is very rigid, so dont just wear a helmet wear a GOOD helmet.

23. Abomination

Abomination

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wwZTcGEU23A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wwZTcGEU23A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

24. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

So you were just gonna run down the street and get some head...Glad you're alive

25. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Thought I wauld say a public thank you to HDH! I recieved my new brain bucket today, and a couple extra goodies! He included some goggles so I can see what I am running into next time! Huge thanks for the Bell goodies. Awesome guy! Thanks to everyone else for all the well wishes, my noggin is healing pretty well, I still have a pretty good bump on it but the cuts are gatting close to being closed up. Jim

26. raven

raven

I've ridden for years, raced a few, too.
    Theold adage is there are two types of riders. Those who have crashed and those who are yet to crash. I've been on both sides of the statement. I totaled two bikes.
    Two weeks after the first bike was totaled, I was getting on my friend's bike to take a ride. As I sat on the bike getting ready to put my helmet on (same one I was wearing two weeks earlier, I know, dumb), it was the first time I actually looked at my helmet. The scrapes that ran from the front of the helmet across the top to the back of the helmet made me realize the importance of wearing one.
    Of course a few years later when I happened to total my second bike (turning left on a yellow light in front of a car trying to make the light), I wasn't wearing any gear whatsoever. That was because I was only going to get a paper from the vending machine in the aprtment complex where I lived (it was out).
    I was lucky, I walked away from both events.
    I will always wear the proper gear to ride now. I think I have finally taken the hint.
    Glad you are healing up.
    r

27. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I've been wanting a motorcycle for a long time. Now I'm not so sure...

28. Abomination

Abomination

It takes three people to do a wheelie: one to do the wheelie, one to pick up the pieces, and another to call 911. :D

It didn't take me all that long to realize how important my helmet was - after lying in a crumpled pile in the dark after going over my handlebars, as I was catching my breath I figured it out pretty quick!

It also took me only a few seconds after picking up my bruised body and walking my injured bike back home to wish I'd had a helmet for my ass, too! :D

~Jason

29. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I am glad all worked as well as it did.
    I live in tucson and it gets 115 degrees here. I ride year round and am ALLWAYS under a bucket. Some guys I ride with dont even wear gloves. I cant believe it and I tell them if they go down all I'm gonna do is go through their pockets.
    how can they have manditory seatbelt laws and not helmet laws?????????