Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Vagabonds need a favor... HAMB relay style

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FiddyFour, Feb 6, 2009.

1. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

Another unblushing bumpski

and, just for the sake of accountability, i WILL disclose the amount donated once all is said and done here... my paypal acct was M-T before i gave out the email addy. the little nastygram i got in my email bothered me so i'm making my reply public. so, to THAT person, and to any otherswho may be thinking this is a scam to drum up money for my car fund... SCREW YOU. in fact, my personal build fund is a lil smaller cause i tossed a few pesos in the kitty also. :mad:

you all who've sent donations in for this have about covered Jims gas expences, and now starting to takecare of some hotel and meal fundage for Jim and his missus...

we're gettin real REAL close here and i gotta say...

Viva la HAMB!

2. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

I can get it from near Ft Worth to Texarkana.
    Jay

3. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Don't worry about the naysayers Fiddy. There's some of those in every crowd.

Doc.

4. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Geez Fids, some people just dont get it. To the person(s) that are making those comments, GO PISS UP A ROPE, JACKASS!

As for pumping up your build budget I thought thats what the stripping gig was for?

Nice to know that there are a bunch of good folks willling to donate their time and or $$$ in this day and age!

5. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

WOW! Didnt think there would be any negativaty over something like this! On my side I have already said any extra cash I am just going to had to Zeke for his car, I will keep all recipts for every drop of gas and he will know where ever cent went, I am not wanting a penney out of this, just want to help a good guy. Jim

6. I got a couple parts I think Zeke will need to finish the car. We will talk in the chat ;)

7. Zeke

Zeke

I'm not surprised. I don't want the cash. I'd rather see any extra go to another relay or someone else in need. Getting the Staff Infection home is all I could hope for. Thanks everyone.

8. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Well the ones that are being negative should remember they may be the ones needing help next time.....Jim

9. Racewriter

Racewriter

Paypal sent. I do think we should demand a build thread of the Studey-baker in return, though. I just wanna see what a '57 Stude wagon with a 351c looks like.

10. Zeke

Zeke

There will be for sure.

11. Didn't read the thread closely, but it looks like you need to move it from NM to OK. Check the HAMB Relay social group (http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=214)- someone (fakesnake.com) has a thread there that their dad is going empty trailer from SoCal to Alabama and wants to recoop some gas money.

Thanks,
    Kurt

PS: Pretty much a straight shot from NM to near TN if he goes I-40.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  12. Fitysix

Fitysix
    from Md.

Fiddy, Just ya a paypal. Zeke just a little something from your K-Duster buddies on the east coast. And a bump.
    Fitysix
    Kropduster SOMD chapter

13. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

I'm gettin excited,,,,,

14. Zeke

Zeke

I don't know what to think. I need a drink too much HAMB love going on.

15. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

16. Fitysix

Fitysix
    from Md.

Afternoon Bumpski
    Fitysix

17. atch

atch

i guess if 1/2 cock can do it in the morning and fity can do it in the afternoon i can do it in the evening...

18. Fitysix

Fitysix
    from Md.

Atta boy atch....
    Fitysix

19. Man I can't believe that there are actually people out there who would have thought that you were trying to pull a scam....guess these people don't believe in Karma and what goes around comes around.

In this day and age of instant gratification and the majority not caring about anyone but themselves this whole episode of getting Zeke back his car is a breath of fresh air....Viva La Hamb!!!

20. atch

atch

so, jim, i just read the post about your head injury. i reread this and reread it. no one has mentioned it yet, so i will. are you up for this trip? i sure hope so. that looks like a nasty headache.

you da man!

come to wayland for the revival and let me buy you a beer.

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Zeke, I don't think any of us who kicked in on the gas/transportation kitty would mind if you used what was left if anything for the car. If that isn't your style just stash it away to help with the next HAMB Help someone who needs it, fund raiser.

22. Zeke

Zeke

I could live with that as long as Jim is taken care of and there's not much left over.

23. 64Olds

64Olds

sorry, im in ohio haha, a little far, plus i dont know anyone with a trailering service so, heres a bump to main page :D

Zeke, Goodluck and stay safe,

24. Zeke

Zeke

HOLY SHIT!! Jim that was you? Flipped through the picts and didn't put 2 and 4 together.

25. StNick

StNick

26. AeroMonte

AeroMonte

I'm kinda new here myself but I like the way everybody is coming together to help another car guy. If Jim needs a backup plan just in case, I can haul it from anywhere in Arkansas to it's final destination. I lost a car also due to my military service so I understand. I also know where another twin to Zeke's car is in the bootheel of Missouri if he's interested, it's not mine.

27. Zeke

Zeke

Stop... cease..... desist!! We are good, raised about a $1000 Thanks everyone.

MMMMMmm HAMB love!! Feels weird in a good way. :p

Fiddy report at eleven.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  28. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Thanks again to everyone who donated, volunteered or tried to volunteer!

I truly am misty-eyed and mystified! A good bunch of hooligans you are!!

29. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

I'm honored to be a Lil part of this! the kropdusters and vagabonds have a great history of helping each other out! wonderful stuff!!!!!!!!!
    damn, wonder if spell check can do its mojo on this drunkin lingo...>>?????

30. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

yup!!!! thanks spell check!