Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dirty7 Ford unveiled today (pics)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ratstu, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Hard Luck

Hard Luck

Man that thing is fucking awesome ! What's the wheelbase ? How tall are you ? How tall is the highest point of the roof ? Does this truck have any interior, to speak of, such as seats ? Reason I'm asking all these questions, is that I just recently bought a '37 pickup, and your truck is the look I'm going for. Not exactly the same, mind you, but that's the general direction I will be taking. I'm 6'1, so I may not be able to get away with channelling it quite as much. The top has to be chopped on my next one. The '41 is probably going to have to be sold to fund the '37, but it will be well worth it. Here's what my '37 looked like when I got it. It's got a long ways to go, but it should be fun. It will be the first one I've ever built from the ground up. I also noticed, it looks like the cowling has been extended a bit, did you do that for foot/leg room ?

-Aaron

Attached Files:

2. Gkafer

Gkafer
    from Vancouver

Just a few more pic's from before the Tradex show.

Laurie took home a few awards, I'll let him fill you in on that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Great to see another one hit the road! Seems like the HAMB as been pumping them out left and right lately! Great job, can't wait to hear more of the details!:cool:

4. Ratstu

Ratstu

Hey Aaron, I got some numbers for you and a couple of pics of the interior.
    The wheel base is 102", ground to top of roof is 4' 4", chopped 7" with 6 3/4" of glass, chanelled 7", interior floor to roof is 3' 2", and the cowl was not extended.

Laurie (ratstu)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Upload Image With PicTiger

5. Stone

Stone

6. Hard Luck

Hard Luck

Thanks ! And PM sent back to ya. I wish this truck weren't so far away, so I could look at stuff in person. It looks like you have Buick finned drums up front ? I was planning on using a pair of the same drums that are laying in the floor at the shop.

-Aaron

7. Custom54

Custom54

This ride is so bitch'in BTTT

8. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Hey Laurie, it was was nice to talk to you in Seattle Show. Unfortunately the battery of my camera was empty when I saw your cool truck. Did you win anything?

9. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

What a work of Art! It's too cool for words! What's with those beautiful zoomie headers? Do you have Harley baffles in them, or are they "straight pipes"? Love that stance too! That's definately a Hunnert Car Pileup entry!

10. CaddyRat

CaddyRat

OH MY GOD.....

how the heck did I miss this??

I'm in lust....

11. Ratstu

Ratstu

Thank's for the compliments, I made the headers and also my own baffles, but it's still pretty loud.

12. SHRUM

SHRUM

That is the neatest truck I have ever seen!

13. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

pretty bad ass dude. That definently stands out in a crowd, very well done

14. JAB

JAB

love the stance, and the mean look that grille brings. congrats on the build.

15. eddie1

eddie1

Congrats on the Street Rodder feature!

16. redsean

redsean

no lie cant belive it took 3 years

very nice ride

17. sodas38

sodas38

I would second the congrats, I have seen it pop up in a couple different mags. Nice truck Laurie.

18. Ratstu

Ratstu

Thanks guys - I haven't seen it yet but I know its out. Thanks to Chris Shelton for doing the article, he has been a great help over the years. Cheers Laurie

19. Congrats on the feature , arent you glad you didnt sell it yet? When are we goin to see the next feature car? I believe its a Buick

20. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

It was bad ass before and it is bad ass now, I still love that truck!! Congrats on the article!!