Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage "Adventures of Bad Bob #6!,Autorama Roadtrip"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Feb 9, 2009.

1. dB Zac

dB Zac

It was a stock 60 sedan delivery, its now a chopped and channeled sedan delivery. Thanks for the complement

2. Timebomb has a really bitchin one too!!!!

3. dB Zac

dB Zac

you are the 2nd person to bring him up but I can never find pics of it

4. Here it is! He's put some spokes on it now and hydros!!! It's chopped 2",I think!

[​IMG]

5. Blue

Blue

Great pics Bad Bob. It's all about the journey!

6. dB Zac

dB Zac

cool delivery! I dig where he put the antennas

7. =mike=

=mike=

Thanks I like seeing how it's coming along or if there are any signifigant changes .

8. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kool!!! I thought someone that owned something that kool had to be a HAMBer.
    I was talking to a friend last night about the Merc thing and you were the first
    car that I brought up. He is not a computer friendly guy Kan't wait to show him
    the pics. I own a 60 4dr Impala. Looking at yours makes me want to get after it.

Good luck with the rest off the build.

Bob, Very kool post!!

Thanks for feeding my Merc starvation.....

Happy Trails,

Mick

9. Another 'THANKS' your way Bob!!! I'll take fuzzy pics over NO pics any day. Good coverage man!!!!!

10. ST. 515

ST. 515
    from TEXAS

Thanks for the great pics, I love all the Mercs!!!

-Saint

11. Slddnmatt said he thought I just ground down the plug,so i'm gonna get a new one tomorrow and put it on. Hopefully that's all that's wrong. Maybe i'll be back on the road for breakfast saturday!!!!!

12. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

Great pics I can't believe we were all in the same hotel and no meet up in the parking lot. Well next time.

13. 51 mercules

51 mercules

I'm suprised we were all at the same hotel also.The only one I saw was Rik one morning when I was leaving.

14. dB Zac

dB Zac

Man.. thanks for the praise, its just a beater right now

15. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

i think next time we just need to put a HAMB flyer on the door of the room....

16. That pic turned out great for a 2-moving-cars cell phone camera pic. I had a trailer- it would've been really funny if I'd seen him however many minutes earlier, outta gas, and trailered it to the gas station.

Here's the Ranchero I got:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332077

Thanks,
    Kurt

17. That Ranchero is so cool! Hard to beat a $75 car,LOL....

18. Well,I found out what the damage was on my Merc,yesterday! When I bottomed out on the drivway it knocked loose the insert in the pan,that the drainplug threads into. Couldn't tighten it cause the insert would just spin. No way to fix without removing the pan and tacking it back on. Dreadman gave me a great idea,to weld a nut to the OUTSIDE,for the drainplug ! Might try that when I can get it up in the air. It's drivable again,thanks to JB weld,LOL....temporarily,of course!!!

19. rick finch

rick finch

What, you ran out of duct tape?:eek:

20. tommy v

tommy v

thanks to JB weld HAHA --- i told you:D --if you weld a nut on the outside wouldn't put it closer to the ground, your car isn't that low in the front maybe get some new springs --tom

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  21. The plug is on the back,not on the bottom. You're only talking about 1/4". The JB Weld is just til I can get it up in the air and fix it right. I'm not gonna drive it that way!

22. eric

eric

damn Bob!! Your merc has come a long way!!! It made it past the LA COUNTY LINE with out needing a piggy back ride! Congrats Bob!!:D
    So any other road trips you plan on taking the merc on??

23. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

with the constant drip oil system do you ever really need to change the oil? your always adding fresh oil....just get a super duty filter.

24. chip chipman

chip chipman

Bob, here are a few more. Chip.

Attached Files:

25. Maybe Viva....we'll see.

26. I've changed the filter every 6 months since it's been on the road. Changed the oil once,when I replaced the pan. It usually burns a qt per tank of gas. I don't know how it keeps running but it has plenty of power!!!
    I think i'm gonna take Dreadman's advice and weld a nut to the outside of the pan. So I don't have to take the engine back out again...

27. Glad you got a pic of John Barne's Merc. He drove all the way from Orange County too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. Mr.Bomba

Mr.Bomba

Great pics and story Bad Bob :D It would have been nice to have made it down but looking at your pics was just as cool Thanks! Conrad

29. =mike=

=mike=

Nice shot . . . she still looks great !

I'm glad to see John is enjoying it and not letting it just fall apart in a driveway somewhere .

30. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

WOW how did i miss this