Register now to get rid of these ads!

married guys vent thread...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slepe67, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racerodcustom

racerodcustom
    Member Emeritus

I guess I got lucky too, atleast the 2nd time. Our first date consisted of her jumpstarting my 54 with her 57 and scrounging for belts at the parts store. She says it was the best date she ever had. 1 week later I blew a tire and kinda spoiled our plans. at that point she said that workin on a car is about the coolest thing to do, I asked her to marry me. So far so good. Best of luck to the rest of you.

2. LadyLuck5785

LadyLuck5785

it's true. best date i ever had

3. LadyLuck5785, Now that is one well placed position I've never seen or tried. Must be dat dar Cajun tang..."mo beans n rice pleeze, oh and trow sum mo dat boodan on der, sha"

Mikey

4. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

son of a bitch....

I can't get my wife to get out of the garage....

I just want to spend some quality time with her and all she wants to do is hang out in the garage. She wants to wear skimpy clothes and practice posing for photoshoots on The Merc Truck. I just want to snuggle..... haha.

How gay would that be?

5. Sorry I can't really help ya out. My wife is the daughter of a rodder, I get grief for not spending enough time in the garage.

6. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Dude

Attached Files:

7. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

hahah

yeah, that's just about how gay it would be..

8. Perfect. Blocking out important dates in the calender is important or all of a sudden, you are going to a kiddy b'day party instead of a big event. That means I fugged up. :)

9. jleavesl

jleavesl
    from Houston

Christ, I can't imagine what would've happened if I'd married my last one. Every weekend at her mother's house, stuck on the couch watching reality television, get nagged if I wanted to go out with my friends (didn't even bother trying to get to the garage to work on my bike). When I left town, a pipe burst in the attic and she flat out refused to move the furniture out of the ensuing waterfall. I can't imagine that the '50 would've ever run, much less made it to its current state if she hadn't slipped and fallen on another man's dick.

As it stands now, everytime I think about moving one of my booty calls up to gf status, I remember what it was like and quietly thank god that I will probably die alone.

John

10. My view:
    -Best to be totally honest beforehand about your interest in cars, and how much time you spend working on them, hanging out, or attending shows.
    -If you are going to have kids, prepare to put projects on hold or get 'em done before the first one pops out. I have two under the age of four (4 in Sept, 2 in May) and free time for me is hard to come by.

11. Married my high school sweety, been togeather for 42 years, raising kids was a priority so I had to sell my race car when I was young but now I can start again, older but wiser, and she will agree to almost anything to get me out from under foot. don't sweat it, your turn will come just get the important things done right now.

12. Pez

Pez

booze wears off!! Damn, married twice, divorced twice, now finally happy.

13. 2 words i learned from my grandpa: "YES DEAR"

14. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

My ex wife was the same way. Now I found out she bought a 1952 Dodge pickup and is making a rod out of it with her boyfriend. WTF.

my girl freind get on my ass because I do not spend enough time on my cars and bikes. She loves helping me work on them. She want my 40 ford so she can drive one.

15. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

She was a psycho/retard when I married her, she was a psycho/retard while we were married she's still a psycho/retard and her only defense has been "YOU MARRIED IT !" - I thought these O/T threads got DELETED Promptly ?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  16. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Mine hates my cars and has not ridden in any of them for YEARS! I go work whenever I want "headdin to the shop" and I am off. Still haven't figured if I am lucky or not?? I kinda wish she liked my junk!:(

17. Brad Paisley song .......... "I'm gonna miss her, but I've got a bite" :D

18. No, put a micro wave in the shop and have her bring her TV dinner on down.

19. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

My wife works 9-5, I work a graveyard shift so,
    Mon-Fri I have all day alone without any problem.

Every second or third week I'll surprise her with
    a BIG day together. You know breakfast in bed, a
    drive through the country-side, dinner and a movie
    etc. She usually leaves me alone for the next few
    weekends.

Then again, this is my second marriage, and I definitely
    married better this time around.

20. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Make a list of things that you want her to do on your car. Point out that (because of the economy), you are losing the regular "daily driver" and the project is the new daily driver. To be together, to spend some quality time together. Every time she has a 'honey do' that is unsavory, remind her that you are doing it, not because you like it, but to keep peace in the family. And also remind her that you expect the same in return.

Then get a mini-frige and put your favorite brand of beer in it right there in the garage so you don't have to go in the house to get a beer. If you don't drink beer now, start, post-haste!

Beer was invented by God to prove to men he really loves them (Ben Franklin). So, it's your duty to drink beer, and also works good as a leverage device when negotiating with women!

Invite her out into your domain and offer her a beer. If she refuses, play dumb and use the old woman's game trick, and ask her 'WHY' don't you want to have a beer with me? There's a thing in a woman's brain that when things don't go right for them they ask "WHY"? They use that against us men, just like little kids do when they don't want to eat their broccholi, by trying to confuese the issue. When you say I want to work on my car, she will want to know "Why" do you prefer to do that instead of going shopping with me?

My answer to that is , "IT'S NOT A "WHY", IT'S A WHAT. It's my hobby, and it's not a WHY, its something to do because It's WHAT I do.

If you read your social history, a description of an event was (when I went to school in the 1940s) consided to be complete if the questions, Who?, What?, When?, and Where? , were answered.

"Why" was invented by little kids and women to confuse the issue. Real men never, never, ask "Why", and certinly don't explain "Why", unless they are asking for trouble. If who, what, when, where, don't clear it up, then it's a MYSTERY.

Women, among other weapons of negotiation, use the 'guilt-trip' as ammunition. I figure it this way. It's either, I'm going to feel bad doing more for her than what's fair, Or I'm going to feel guilty instead and get the hot tongue and cold shoulder. Either way I'm going to feel bad, so in the meantime, I'm going to do something I feel good about whilst I'm doing it, working on my car and drinking beer!

And the final solution; Just remember that Love, to a woman, is not rational. It's chemistry. When a woman loves a man, that's not negotiable. She will allow him to do terrible things to her, and usually blame herself for any conflict. So don't worry, she won't lose her love for you if you insist on taking a certain amount of time each week to work on the car, with, or without her.

21. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

My wife always asks if theres any thing she can help with..

I let her help where she can.. sanding, Holding brackets in place.. she like participating, I like it when she does.. it gives her a greater respect for whats involved.. :)

My wife does have her moments.. thats when I go to the Garage.. lock the door behind me...:D

22. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Hell my wife nags me to work on her car! I got lucky the second time, married a car girl, first one was not, she was a....well she is an ex....Jim

23. rusty48

rusty48

Mine has no intrest at all in cars but she don't complain much.Cars are my only hobby,I don't hunt,fish,play golf,play poker,or drink liquor.You the one thats gotta live with it but if she's that needy I'd think about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.