Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage "Poor Boys"-Fl. build "Billetproof" Trophies!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AHotRod, Feb 9, 2009.

1. AHotRod

AHotRod

A couple of Saturdays ago, we all gathered at club member 'Ted's' ranch @ 9AM to work on Billetproof Trophies. The morning air was damn-chilly for us, as you can see from the pictures......Ted & Tom had the coffee brewing, lot's of donuts (to help us keep our manly-man figures), breakfast sandwiches and brownies :D!
    With all of this good food, we were distracted from getting started right away, and roamed the HUGE shop of Teds, looking at all of the cool projects that they good to work on.

[​IMG]

Now, when was the last time YOU walked into a shop and found the Green Mamba being worked on ?
    I just could'nt resist the chance to climb in a piece of history........

[​IMG]

This was my reaction to my visions of what it could be like to drive this monster !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also in the shop, is the original Salt-Flat-Belly-Tank race car that was powered by a V8-60 Ford Flathead. Ted will need to chime in to tell the story, as this reporter did'nt have his pencil & paper in hand, I know, I suck.;) It is the real macoy folks, and Ted & Tom and crew are going to be doing a full restoration of it soon.
    That's Poor Boy Willie staring it down .....

[​IMG]

Also here in the shop is a Ford 'Battle-Bird' that is also undergoing a full resto.......

[​IMG]

So, the 'Meetings-of-the-Minds' began....... more coffee, and sugar highs are needed........game plans begin to flow........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can just feeeeeeel the energy :cool:

[​IMG]

Soon, it was crazy.....saw's running, grinder's spraying, welders flashing, hammer's banging ......the MUSIC had begun :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More Coffee :)

[​IMG]

2. AHotRod

AHotRod

Here is John hard at work........

[​IMG]

Some more of us .......we work so good together :cool:

[​IMG]

Another project in the works.........

[​IMG]

Ted's son Mickey has a REALLY FAST hobby ........ :D

[​IMG]

Ted's business partner, Tom .... who is a world class Bike-Racer.....oh, that's 'ole-Myron hanging off the side.....we had to get a stretcher after these pictures ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This old Coupe has been on the Ranch for sooooo-looooooooong that..................

[​IMG]

So, here we are........the Hard-Working Crew near the end of the day!

[​IMG]

We hope to see you all at our Florida Billetproof HotRod & Custom Show March 21st at Big Daddy Don Gartlits Place in Ocala Florida.

[​IMG]

3. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

it was a great day!!! any time the fl poor boys get together its always a good time:D....and we built some killer trophies too:cool:...looking forward to BP..................rooster

Attached Files:

4. Choptop

Choptop

wow... simply amazing guys, I cant thank you enough... but it looks like ya'll had a good time doing it, thats the key, and thats why you guys RULE.

I'm jealous, I wish I could have been there.

cant wait to come out and see ya'll... counting the days!!!!

P.S. if anyone wants to go up to the Amelia Island Concours with me, PM me. I'm headed out to FLA a week early to head up to the show.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009

5. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

We are looking forward to the show too! We can't wait! Great mug shots Glenn!

6. Gator

Gator

We're also working on the trophy we've promised this year, Poorboy Mike (EarlSchieb) and I made it last year, this year Roddy and myself are gonna do it up.

No pictures yet but I think you guys will like it...

7. msuguydon

msuguydon

A couple more pictures..

Breakfast of Champions...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. soberTOOLman

soberTOOLman

I had a blast making trophies the other morning. Im really glad i get to 'work' at Ted's "shed out back" hehe

and of course the trophy's came out great!

9. Wyle E Coyote

Wyle E Coyote

What trophys? We built trophys?

We where just having fun slapping some old junk together. Ted's place is great! he's got all types of good "junk" laying around.

10. hotshoe

hotshoe

:confused:nice bike Tom but where do you use the studded tires down there?

11. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Once the coffee, donuts, mcD's biscuits kicked in, we really started hustling. Notice the box of Equal on the table? Some of us are working on controlling our figures...:D
    There is just no better place to get together than Ted's amazing shop. Every tool you could want, lots of room and cool stuff everywhere. Not to mention, great stories. Thanks Ted and Tom.
    We can't wait for Billetproof Florida '09. It's gonna be killer.
    And thanks Glenn for putting up the post. Sorry some of my pics were crap:mad:

12. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Looks like you guys had a great time. I would have liked to have been there drinking coffe and eating donuts with you guys.

Has Ted complained about any missing parts from his projects yet? :D

13. Magic

Magic

Looks like a killer time had by all and the food shot has the balance 9 kinds of sugar and equal for the coffe to bring balance to the whole diabetic buffet.

Great time I am sure.

14. Poor boys will be Poor boys, we are just having fun like any one would if set loose in a place with so many cool fabricating tools with trophies to build.

The belly tanker was the third small belly tank Bill Burke was going to build when he found the larger belly tank, and built it, this one is is owned by our own G. Hacker... he just picked up some T rails to build it just as Bill would have if he hadn't found the bigger tank.

http://www.ahrf.com/pioneer.php?id=10058

Got more info Ted? Geoff?

15. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

You lucky fucker's..............You have it all don't ya...................Good weather.........cool places to build trophies and cars...............and did I mention weather............I can't wait to get there. I would post pics of my trophy but I only have sketches of it. I plan to be getting out there in the garage being we are having a warm front of 40 degrees this week and it may even get to 50 hell I may have to get out the shorts and tank top........lol....................

16. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Ha! You did notice that we were all wearing long pants and flannel shirts?:eek: It's been pretty nipply here too (well, relatively). Even had a couple of nights in the teens and twenties. Now it's the usual warm and sunny.:cool: How's that shorts and tank top workin out for ya? :p
    Naw, don't post pictures. The awards are supposed to be secret until the show. We want to be surprised. I know it'll be killer. Look forward to seeing ya again. Mike

17. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Yeah, I am looking forward to hanging out and having some fun.

When I finish up school this year, I plan on checking in on the job situation and housing down there. I may have to really sell off this place and relocate.

18. dv8

dv8

Looks like fun guys! I had an awesome time last time I hung out at Ted's shop...Lots of cool stuff....I recognize a couple of those projects....

19. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

hey don thanks for posting those pics...dave

20. Wyle E Coyote

Wyle E Coyote

SHHHHHHH!!!! I'm sure no one will miss the afterburner from the Green Mamba. It did make one hell of a trophy! ;)

21. AHotRod

AHotRod

Thanks Stretch !
    We are looking forward to seeing you too !

22. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Ya gotta' admit, it's pretty cool to have to walk around sprint cars, a real Battlebird, a real Shelby GT-350 and the Green Mamba.:eek: What a great shop. Ted always has such cool stuff being worked on. Mike

23. Skip-o-Matic

Skip-o-Matic

I likey Ted's shop.
    It's like going to Disney World.

24. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

i agree......i want to work there..:D

25. Skip-o-Matic

Skip-o-Matic

Me too!
    Even if I have to dress up as a cartoon character.

26. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Looks like a wonderful time with good friends. I would have loved to have been there.

27. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Are you going to the Billetproof show down in FL. this year?:D

28. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

hay breakfast, now thats a shop i would love to wok in.....ha ha ha, looks like you guys have way to much fun

29. AHotRod

AHotRod

We would have LOVED to have you Denise :)

30. Ted Kempgens

Ted Kempgens
    from Florida

Billetproof project on the frame table, Starting a little sooner this year. Pictures to come soon. Enjoyed having you guy's Let's do it again. Denise come on down!!!!! Ted