Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rumblers car show PICTURES!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kevins89notch5.0, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Been a whi' since we had a repaht from Flaw-duh!

Whatever happened to Mike? I loved that guy!

Sam

2. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Not into cars no mo, from what I've been told anyway.

3. str8 6 str8 edge

str8 6 str8 edge
    from Tampa

I thought the show was great this year. I always bring my own food so no worries there. I also don't recall many rat-rods. My car's a shitbox because I'm broke, but I don't think it's a rat-rod. I think a lot of us on the east coast are poor and are used to seeing cars put together by guys having to make do, so maybe our standards are just a little lower. I've been for the last 6 years and every year gets a little better. Thanks again to all you Rumblers for making this thing happen.

4. Hard to argue with that. But I have seen shitboxes everywhere, it is not just a Florida thing.

5. monsterflake

monsterflake

i'm not sure which is worse, smoothies or ratrods. ;)

you're right though, the whole country's infested with shitbox ratrods.

however, like mosquitos, they're everywhere, but florida's are legendary...

6. Movinman

Movinman

Aren't we the lucky ones...

7. Smoothies are much, much worse. You can get steel wheels for 5 dollars each at the junkyard. Not to mention that they are ugly as sin no matter how you try to hide them. I should probably change it "Land of a million chrome smoothies"

8. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

chrome smoothies look rad on my pt cruiser. i have a new american chopper sticker, too.

9. dv8

dv8

Yeah chrome smoothies suck....That's why I only have them on one of my three finished hot rods....and I don't think some $5 S-10 wheels would have quite pulled off the 60's-style look I was going for.

The bigger problem is the proliferation of rotten 4-doors, and cars built to deliberately look like crap.

And as voodoo states...they are everywhere.

Here are some of my additions to the "Florida cars" with my smoothie infraction!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

God...we suck sooooo bad!

10. First off...Kevins89notch5.0<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_3587475", true); </SCRIPT> ...thanks for sharing...even though, some of the "rides" maybe NOT should have been posted here...maybe at another forum, but not here. Lots of really nice one's in there but also alot of bad taste, in my opinion. to each his own.

dv8, thanks for sharing a bit of Florida with us, seen your cars on here before and I really dig them, smoothies and all, awsome work !
    / primerkid

11. dv8

dv8

Thanks!

Not everything here is crap...and there were some nice cars pictured as well, but it is always seems to be SOME old guys and young newcomers that don't really understand what it's all about, that seem to build the crap-rods here. The old guys seem to dress up like hillbillys and whatever, and try to play the part, and the young guys with attitude....like the "paint's for pussy's" crap seem to be trying too hard for the anti-establishment deal....Guess what? The rat rod crap IS the establishment now....Don't believe me? Just check the magazine rack!

I'm by no means saying all old guys/newcomers/young guys are the only ones building the rat rods....or am I saying that old guys/newcomers/young guys aren't building some of the nicest cars...They are!

I will see some turd on ebay in California, then a couple of months later, guess what? It's at a local show here in Florida...Awesome...Now it's a "Florida Car".

Meanwhile, in some recent post on a big show in Northern California (I can't remember what show), there were two cars that people went nuts over that had won trophies...A blue, Caddy-powered RPU, and a turquoise, shoebox Ford custom....Both built right here in Florida (by two old guys that get it), and sold out of state...Go figure!

12. helmsville

helmsville

Now, that's funny. i think im going to send you a hawaii shirt and a boyd hat.

13. fishslayer82

fishslayer82

You have a very nice car. I would love to have one like it. Im sure you know what "wierd" cars I am talking about.

Sorry, I didnt mean to bust your guys chops, just stating an opinion. I didnt say every car was wierd. :rolleyes:

Give me a break. I guess "different" would have been a better word?

14. Kerry67

Kerry67

Now THAT is a car show. Awesome....Thanks for posting the pics.

15. greyone

greyone

Well, if everyone got it, no one would get it, if no one got it, who would get it? I thought I got it and then they changed it....Sure was a fun show!

16. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Yeah, that blue coupe looks like it has some roundy-round influences going on. Maybe an old dirt tracker....if not,,,,your guess is as good as anyone's.

17. old kid

old kid
    Member Emeritus
    from middle ga

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Exactly what I was thinking....no matter if you like or dislike the cars in the photos, Kevin should be thanked for making the effort of taking the photos and posting for all of us to enjoy. Kevin's taste in some of the cars he enjoyed photgraphing obviously differs from some folks here, me included, BUT I'd like to thank him for his time and effort in posting.

From the photos it looks like it was a nice sunny day and the grounds look good with some trees and stuff. Certainly a show I would attend if I lived in Florida. Sorry to have missed my Rumbler friends.

19. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

You know at every show you go to now day's no matter where it is there are shit box's/rat rod's.I know I took pictures of them also not because I liked them but because I cant believe what people come up with. The sad fact is that apparently OLD SCHOOL ROD"Z is having a big influence on our hobby. I know at this show there where several potential OSR feature car's there. The truth is they where in the minority most of the car's where great, There where some really special car's there .The RUMBLER'S show is always great. Thank's Nad's

20. dv8

dv8

I hear OSR is trying to clean up their act, and are starting to feature nicer, finished, cars.

Since 'Rebel Rodz' lowered the bar!

21. sacredsteel1

sacredsteel1

saw this thread yesterday morning before alot of the negative comments. My original thought upon looking at the pics was... alot of cool stuff obviously built by people that understand what it is to take pride in your project or maintain the historical value of an older rod. What I will NEVER understand, is how someone can deliberatley throw together a car with no regard to detail, safety, and general good taste and be proud enough to bring it to a public forum. I understand and belong to a segment of our hobby that does not have deep pockets, but the three elements i have listed above do not cost $$$$ just time, research and good sense. This trend exists worldwide, not just Fla. hopefully the rat rodders will go away soon and let those who take this stuff seriously carry on with tradition.

22. dv8

dv8

23. helmsville

helmsville

well said! this thread kinda went North VS south, witch is a scary place to go.

24. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

Well put!

25. Is that a Ford 4.9L inline six on that roadster with the turbo? Pretty cool!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  26. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Couldn't have said it better!

Oh, thanks for the pics, SOME very nice ride at that show!:D

27. skunx1964

skunx1964

if im not mistaken they were both mopar slant sixes, but i only took a quick glance on the way by em

28. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

They were both slant six powered - one of my favorite engines.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sacredsteel1 [​IMG]
    saw this thread yesterday morning before alot of the negative comments. My original thought upon looking at the pics was... alot of cool stuff obviously built by people that understand what it is to take pride in your project or maintain the historical value of an older rod. What I will NEVER understand, is how someone can deliberatley throw together a car with no regard to detail, safety, and general good taste and be proud enough to bring it to a public forum. I understand and belong to a segment of our hobby that does not have deep pockets, but the three elements i have listed above do not cost $$$$ just time, research and good sense. This trend exists worldwide, not just Fla. hopefully the rat rodders will go away soon and let those who take this stuff seriously carry on with tradition.

Thank You for stating this intelligently.
    Listening (or reading about) people bashing Florida gives me a headache. Of course I'm biased. :D

29. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

bn I do believe your talking about the Slant 6

30. thanks for the pics man! but damn i could use a big ole bowl of gumbo,some alligator sauce pican and a big slice of cornbread! thanks nads!!