Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods WINTER PROJECT: The LEGION SPECIAL from the Beginning to UPDATE #7! Matt Gets INJURED

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Feb 7, 2009.

1. seret

seret

Thanks to everyone who posted pics of European sports cars they are great pics. But that&#8217;s not were we found our influences. This is not a sports car nor is it a road racer, it&#8217;s a LAKES MODIFIED ROADSTER here are some more pics from our reference file. Note how all the LAKES MODIFIEDS are tall and thin, even the 40&#8217;s Indy cars are tall and thin. Ryan you&#8217;re into dry lake history, any thoughts?<p>[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. This build is one of my all-time favorites!

[​IMG]

3. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

I love the nose, I love the car, hell I just love the thread!!!

Keep up the great work and try not to use up all of your first aid kits tape mocking up pieces on the car, you never know when captain America over there is going to try and put his eye out again.

4. hodgiemoto

hodgiemoto
    from detriot mi

dude thats f n awsome ( i wish i could grow up and metal working tools ) and do it the kirk way, what ever that way is ,but looks awsome dude wish i could have helped looks like a blast

5. the walrus

the walrus
    from Napa, CA

That car is going to be bitchin you guys. can't wait to see it in person. keep up the good work boyyyyyyyzzzzzz. Hey Matt, sorry I missed you in Sac. Would have been nice to catch up with you. Maybe in SF. You goin?

6. KIRK!

KIRK!

move out here!

7. seret

seret

you dont have to wait, come over! your 20 min. away

8. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

K13

You've spend a lot of time here talking about me. Perhaps more than to the point of the thread

I know KIRK! to be a smart person with a good sense of humor

My posts were directed to KIRK! not you. Somehow you took this as a clue to post a generally rude remark about me NOT THE SUBJECT!
    ------
    "Always a ray of sunshine Bluto!"
    ------
    If I had directed a post a remark directly I would have directly said something like: K13 ...... your an egocentric, self involved, asshole. BUT I would never do this since that would be rude!

Again another rude justification for your actions HAVING NOTHING TO DUE WITH CARS!!
    -------
    "Bluto's problem is his approach had he posted his last comments first it would not come across as a put down like his first three posts which made no useful commentary and just seemed smart assed."
    -------
    I was not aware that my posts address to others had to be cleared with you.To see if you understand 'SEEMED SMART ASSED?" Who the are you to judge anyone's humor? I am one funny SOB!! KIRK! got it ...... you didn't boo hoo :(
    -------
    "My point about Bluto is not that he has an opinion (and probably a very informed one) or that I don't agree with it it is how he states it. I have no problem with guys making suggestions on how someone can improve a build I think it is great but I tend to find his approach is not very constructive until someone make a comment. Why not explain his thoughts right from the start (which I think he eventually conveyed very well) rather than make rhinoplasty comments which are not very helpful."
    -------
    Please review my comments above, and add that again my comments were addressing the point

The point was to get KIRK! and others thinking. Something I fear you have problem doing. I was SAYING STOP STEP BACK AND LOOK, MY FRIEND
    ---------
    "Hey not problem. Didn't mean to make it seem like a pissing contest either. Maybe it was me and Bluto was trying to be funny and I didn't get it. Again I think he made some very good points eventually"
    --------
    Yes IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU K13

Again Your in no position to to understand my humor. Or the point. Other that your own notion of things. And after I took the time to explain my idea here to you and others that feel one word comments in praise are worth the bandwidth !

I would never get in a pissing contest with someone so able to demonstrate their bladder was that well full! Not to mention the amount of shit you must have retained by your notion that you are somehow the "gate keeper" here. Willing to defend those that not only don't need defending but entering into a personal attack and detailed analysis of, not only myself, but again, comments that we're never directed at you.........

My .02

Have a nice 'SWEET' Day :):):):):)

9. All very Nice Bluto. I never claimed to be KIRKs defender or the gatekeeper of this site. It just gets old when people's first comments about builds are smart ass comments and they do not always come across as being funny. KIRK didn't get your first comment either and I'm sure others saw it the same way I did. You may think you are one funny SOB but when you have to come back and explain your "funny" comments you are not doing a very good job of conveying your incedible sense of humour.

My ray of sunshine comment was based on the fact that lately every thread I see you post on you start out by making some "witty comment" that comes across as being smart assed and yes they may not be directed at me or they may be jokes but they get old and I'm not the only one on this board to have stated that opinion in the last little while. If you have something constructive to say just say it. When it take you three posts to convey "stop step back and look" maybe you are the one wasting bandwidth and when the longest post on this thread is about you having to defend your honor I would say it looks like it is all about you not me.

You have alot of very useful information and experience to add to this board and it would be nice if you would present it before you try run your comedy act.

My .02

And I will have a very SWEET day thanks.

10. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

You guys done now? If not please take it somewhere else.

11. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

The sectioned photoshop looks a little sleeker,
    but with the library of pictures posted,
    whatever you guys choose will be right on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    subliminal influence?

TP

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  12. [​IMG][​IMG]

I keep seeing this guys big mug:D!

13. Ebert

Ebert

10-4..Thanks! JEEZ

14. KIRK!

KIRK!

That's funny.

15. 54BOMB

54BOMB

you know whats awesome kirk, when you can put that avatar up and I think , finally something normal. :D

16. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

nice avatar. the Transplants rule.

17. KIRK!

KIRK!

Transplants? The band?

18. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

haha, I see it.

This build is cool, but the Transplants aren't.

19. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

yeah.

20. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

it is ok, we understand that the only decent band that Alberta has produced is the Arrogant Worms.

21. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

the Worms are from Ontario ;)

22. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

close enough. :D

23. KIRK!

KIRK!

I'm still lost.

24. LabRat

LabRat

[​IMG]

Now your found .......

25. VanHorton

VanHorton

I like it a lot! one of the cooler builds going on for sure...I think a lot of peoples opinions of the nose will change once you cut a grill opening in it... looks good, keep it up!

26. Take a breath WITHOUT the respirator- it'll clear your mind:D!!!

27. KIRK!

KIRK!

Aha!

28. creepyjackalope

creepyjackalope

Wrong band. Aha sang "Take Me On...Take On Me"

29. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

I like this thread. It is nice to see Hot Rods built.

30. KIRK!

KIRK!

Another opening mock up. This direction is what we're liking most right now.

[​IMG]