Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Thelma & Louise.....I mean Denise & Megan do the GNRS and other cool places

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Feb 8, 2009.

1. rustjunkie

rustjunkie

awesome pictures, even better writing . thanks

2. 53Heavy

53Heavy

This has got to be the best post ever! What a trip! Awesome coverage! Extremely jealous! and after all that I think I have the hots for Megan!

3. bigken

bigken

Get in line Doc, I got a special place for that one.......:D

4. Denise.....aka Thelma
    As usual, you make it seem as if I'm there:D....
    Thanks again for taking the time to "include" us in your journeys:cool:.
    Skot

5. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

Incredible thread..! Thanks for the pics. How the heck did you get the time to snap all those great photos ?
    Fantastic..thanks

6. phukinartie

phukinartie

This one cool thread!!!!

7. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Man, that's quite a story... Couldn't even make it through the entire thing, guess I'll finish it off tomorrow.

8. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Way cool thread. Now I'm really sorry I didn't make it. I'll be there next year fur sure.

9. BillBallingerSr

BillBallingerSr
    from In Hell

The thing that really strikes me is you and Megan's dedication to bring the most back to us who can't be there. I makes my world a little more tolerable. I have found a way to wi-fi my 30" HD monitor with a little G routerand run my voice software to read as I scroll through my stereo. I can't see well enough with a normal monitor to really get the detail. These pictures when on a 30" monitor are of such good resolution I can see them. I have be 4 ft away, but you know what, its better than nothing. And you are doing this out of your own pockets, not to sell a magazine. Thats awesome and very rare in these times!

Thank you guys!

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Stand in line ;)

Only takes s second to snap a shot. The time invloved is after the trip uploading and writing the story but I find the effort is well worth it because the event is now documented on the internet for others to enjoy for a long time.

Hence the beauty of the HAMB, you can go back and read or reread posts as many times as you'd like.

Bummer we didn't get a chance to meet and have a Ladies of the HAMB gathering. Next time for sure.

Thanks for all the kind words Bill. I attend events all over the country because that is what I love to do, for myself. Even if there wasn't a HAMB, I would still go and check out the cars, photograph them, meet people and socialize. I've been doing it all my life.

It's for people like you, who appreciate the time and effort involved, that I post the adventure stories online. I enjoy giving back to the HAMB for all the enjoyment I receive in reading other threads here. In my world, giving back to a community that I benefit so greatly from is one of the ways for me to feel good about being a member. I have no use for "takers" in this world. Folks should find a way to give back, no matter how small the gesture.

I'm thrilled, you and many others enjoy mine and Megan's posts. Stay tuned, this is just the first of many exciting adventures that we have planned for this year and will be posting throughout the year.

11. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Finally had some time to look through this thread again.

Denise, I know what it takes to put all of these words and photos together. Besides being exhausted after that trip (I know we all were!), you took quite a few hours to put this together. Thank you so much!

This wasn't the first trip that I've been on with you guys, and when I get home, friends and family will ask how my trip was. Well, I'll tell them about it, maybe share a few of my own photos, and maybe post some on the HAMB.
    ....THEN, if you put together an adventure thread, I'll send it out to a few of them. There have been many times that they want me to pass along a thank you to you because they really enjoy reading about your (or our group) adventures.

So, this is a BIG THANK YOU from those guys/gals, some of whom you have met before. I'm sure at some point this summer you'll see them again. :D

Now a little additional info:

This is Blackie Gejian's (sp?) Roadster that has been around for a long time. Recently restored, I believe?
    [​IMG]

Kind of a cool story here --
    Shortly after we arrived at the Donut Derelicts gathering on Sat. morning, a guy walked up to me and said "Hey, you are from Omaha, you work up at that bar".... Surprised the hell out of me! Well, I work the door (yeah we've joked about this before :D) at a bar one night a week and he recognized me from there. I'm good friends with the owner, Jim, and this guy knows the Jim's dad real well. Small world.
    This black '40 used to reside in Omaha and it was his car - I think his name was John.
    He was out in CA visiting his friend that he traded the '40 to. He ended up with a '32 Sedan and has it in Omaha now.
    [​IMG]

That's all for now.
    We all had a great time on that trip! :D
    Thanks again, Denise and Megan!

Nick

12. Da Flash

Da Flash

HI Kids
    I really enjoyed your coverage of your trip to LA. One thing that ticks me off is that I am a pro photographer, and my Nikon D-200 had to be fooled with all the time to get photos nearly as good as yours. Next time I am using my Casio,
    Good Job
    Da Flash

13. HulaZombie

HulaZombie

It's Raining out and the shop is dead...what a great escape !!
    Thanks for the trip !
    See ya at the Autorama !!!

14. eightbanger

eightbanger

Awesome photos! Thanks for the sharing the experience!

15. noboD

noboD

Killer Denise. I think Barris claims last legal ownership of the crumbs of James Dean's Porsche, before they disappeared.

16. Yeah, never going to live that down I guess. I will work on staying out late for you. :D

17. junkboys

junkboys
    from lincoln NE

Denise

Great Thread! Lisa and I had a great time hanging out with every one on the trip. Hope we will be able to do it agin. One more cool story. When I got home I talked to a friend of mine whos dad had worked on the Golden Rod Streamliner when it was based out of Lincoln NE. He didn't know were the car had gone. So I gave him the pictures I had took of it and told him about the Tom Mcintyre Collection. Thanks agin Megan & Denise for dragging us along.:)

TJ

18. mrdodge

mrdodge

Great thread, especially for the likes of us "foreign" HAMBers who can't be there, this is the next best thing. Thanks for your efforts.

P.S. A little birdie tells me you might be heading down this way to the Beach Hop this year!

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks for adding these tidbits of info to the thread. Makes them that much more interesting.

It's a tough place to take photos. I still haven't been able to figure out why some of the phtos are so clear and others aren't when in fact I never changed the settings. Are your photos from the GNRS hosted somewhere where I could look??

Maybe I misunderstood Dean Jeffries but I could have sworn that he said he built the Porsche named "Little Bastard" and then we get to Barris shop and the car was sitting there. I'm confused.

If I didn't tease you about it you might think I didn't like you anymore.:D

NO, thank YOU for allowing us to hang with you and share your room. We really appreciate it. You guys are ALOT of fun and I'm looking forward to us all hanging out more this summer.

When you get a chance can you give us some details about the one three wheel car in the Petersen Vault that you got a ride in?

I'm bummed to have to say the trip is not going to happen this year. :(

20. shoebox1950

shoebox1950
    from California

Hey Denise, I love your show coverage posts. It was great meeting you and Megan at the Sheraton bar. That's not me in the picture though...I'm the guy that had the Fonzie button. Hope to see you in California soon!

21. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

As far as I know, Dean Jeffries wasn't connected with the James Dean ("Little Bastard") Porsche.

Here's the Porsche that Dean Jeffries did:
    [​IMG]

Jalopy Journal entry:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=3780

[​IMG]

Nick

22. Denise,

Wonderful coverage of a long couple of days, you girls manage to pack alot in. I want to thank both of you for including me in the adventure. You and Megan always have a place to stay when you are in SoCal ( there is a hairdryer in the bathroom now ).

It was wonderful to meet Nick, TJ, Lisa, and the boys from Arizona Terry and Brian. I had a great time with all of you, and am looking forward to catching up with some of you more this summer.

CBB

ps. Who has the Batmobile photo of me?

23. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

As always WOW! Thanks for the pic's and story. Nice way to start the morning.

24. AD

AD

Genes' Sweatshirt is Priceless! >>
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  25. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Great... no FANTASTIC coverage Denise.....very well done.

26. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Thanks for the excellent coverage...I must have looked through 10-12 threads of GNRS photos previously, and you got some cars everyone else seems to have missed.

I can't even comprehend how you do it all....taking the photos while taking the time to talk to everyone you know (which appears to be, well, everyone!), going to all those places in a city so large with so much traffic that is impossible to plan how long it takes to go anywhere, etc., etc. You must be the ultimate multi-tasker.

Even now, you are taking the time to answer everyone's question while making such a clean presentation with your answers.

27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Sorry about that bud.:eek: I had a couple of cocktails. :D
    I edited it to reflect your screen name. Now I guess I just gotta figure out who the other HAMB guy is that walked up and introduced himself. Maybe he'll see this post and chime in.

Do you, or anyone else that was there, remember him talking about what I thought was a Porsche and making the comment that he should have copywritten the phrase "Little Bastard". I remember it clearly because when he used the term "little bastard" I immediantly thought about Tony from Rochester and his little black truck that had "Little Bastard" written on it. I could be mistaken I guess, we did see and do alot that day.

Megan must, it wasn't on mine. Here's the one with you and Dean though.
    [​IMG]

Megan gets all the credit in the world for the itinerary. We all had input but basicly she put it all together. One thing about us girls that is different then alot of folks that live there is we don't let the traffic patterns in the LA area dictate when or where we go anywhere. Also, Megan and I both have an unusual keen sense of direction which makes us both very confident no matter where we are traveling.

My multi-tasking skills come in handy when I'm at work doing my job AND surfing the HAMB at the same time.:D

28. hhrTroy

hhrTroy
    from Burbank

I also had the pleasure of meeting Troy owner of Hollywood Hot Rods for the first time. If you ever met him before this won’t be news to you but for those that have never met the man you are in for a special treat. He’s one of the humblest, genuine, polite, down to earth guys I have ever met. What a nice surprise in todays world. It was a true pleasure hanging out with him.
    [​IMG]

YOU GUYS ROCK!! I had a great time hangin with you....damn... thanks for all the kind words... that musta been before I got all liquored up.
    Maybe I need to toughen up my image! :D

We can do it again!!!.... I just bought tickets to Detroit, rollin rock star style.. no sleep...come on... I need drinkin buddies!

29. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

........................................................................................................................
    ........................................................................................................................
    ....................Sorry, just at a loss of words. You girls are the MOST.:D

30. Mike

Mike

Hey ya Denise, it was great to see you and Megan again. It looks like I missed out on some killer shop tours on Friday, oh well. Thanks a bunch for the post.