Register now to get rid of these ads!

1965 chevelle 4-link

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VONRUBEN65, Feb 3, 2009.

1. VONRUBEN65

VONRUBEN65
    from LOMITA

i was wondering if anyone has bagged a 65 chevelle and had it lay out with the stock 4 link?
    does anyone have pics of there rear set up stock 4 link or custom ones?

2. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Bag a 65 Chevelle? Ummm...

3. It's pretty basic. Take the springs out. Put the bags in. Same with the front other than you need to relocate the shocks.

4. VONRUBEN65

VONRUBEN65
    from LOMITA

but it wont laid frame. it needs to be step notch and re 4 linked!!

5. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Laid out '65 Chevelle...cooooooolllllll.

On opposite day

6. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

How can someone be here for 241 posts and just not get it?:rolleyes:

7. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

well I don't see 65 being an issue as I think it swaps parts with 64

but I don't understand your 4 link question,,if your dropping it,,with the amount of travel that would be left would be like nothing right ? to be hones check out lowrider magazine ( if they still print it ) or some low rider site they would def. have all the info you need.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  8. BUTCHERING ANOTHER CAR I SEE......

In order to make it SAFELY lay frame it will have to be a custom set up.

9. ryno

ryno

get what? youve been here for 2 f'in months and have 600 posts, maybe you should read and stop posting bull shit.
    what would make this unsafe? just curious?

10. Well the last car he did blew lines on the freeway (twice) and the rear-end was out of whack by 1.5 inches and the welds looked like crap and were not even close to being solid. It is by the grace of GOD that someone did not die in that car and that is not an exaggeration.

In my worthless opinion in order to have a car safely lay frame (which I think is a oxymoron) there needs to be some sort of safety measures for WHEN the bags fail or WHEN the lines blow. That is the custom set up I am talking about. Simply pulling springs and replacing with bags and Step notching the frame ain't going to be safe.

There has to be some sort of thought process beyond simple looks. how much if anything hangs below the frame? what is the mounting point for the 4 link and or other important stuff. Getting that low take talent and forethought not simply desire.

11. ryno

ryno

im not trying to start shit with anyone, and im diffentenly not defending this dude.it sounds like you know him personaly.everyone trys to get on the anti -bag deal and usualy it's cause they just don't know about it.

12. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Has anyone else noticed the deterioration taking place on the HAMB? What has the current thread have to do with traditional rods and customs? I swear, sometimes I barely recognize this place.:mad:

Frank