Register now to get rid of these ads!

57 chevy wagon STOLEN!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scumbagbob, Feb 10, 2009.

1. MyDeSoto

MyDeSoto

Keeps my eyes peeled here in the Houston area, as well as put the word out... Never know what will travel down I-10....

~MyDeSoto~

2. No, I just wanted to know if it had anything in particular that may pop up and be exotic and give it away besides the obvious body of the car. So if anyone hears of something in particular someone has for sale then it may be tracked back to the car.-Weeks

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  3. Not busting him. There are far worse things that used to be said to newbies back before the recent jump on the bandwagon to sell your crap in the classifieds or ask how to change your oil/rotate your tires threads. When I started lurking you had to earn your wings here and have a car/passion that fit into the boards topics. I lurked for a long time and there are alotta members who came here along time ago and used to post now they just lurk. They have posts well into the thousands and joined back in the 01-02 or prior era and don't post anymore, what does that say?

Heres an old thread that gives a little insite and where are alot of these HAMBers now? Lurkers or have moved on. Some post still and contribute but there are alot I don't see anymore. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31561

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  4. scumbagbob

scumbagbob

thanks alot mydesoto. i-10 would be a great start.

it was a 2 door. i dont see many of those around.

5. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Sons a bitches!!!!

6. MyDeSoto

MyDeSoto

No problemo ScumbagBob! Seems that quite a few 'items' like to travel between here and there. And since I am a mid-point on I-10, we always seem to be the 'holding' area. That said, thieves are typically very stupid, and will likely be out showing off their latest 'acquisition', so someone is bound to spot it.

~MyDeSoto~

7. scumbagbob

scumbagbob

True that. Everything is a possibility!

-bobby

8. scumbagbob

scumbagbob

Crabdaddy! U on?

9. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

man thats to bad. but I can't believe you'd leave that outside all night.

10. scumbagbob

scumbagbob

I KNOW. I know. I just have NO other place for it. Divorced and ex cant pay bill so I am stuck with it. I have the 29. Was trying to sell the 57 bc its just not my style. I am living in my tattoo parlor. I have NO room. I just never thought that I would have to worry about it here, in south Louisiana. This town is not like that. I had it for sale on Ebay. I think it was an out of town gig. On ebay you can see the name of my parlor in the background. That has got to be how they found where it was. I was working on the 29 till about 10. I had the tires off and left them and other tools outside. The 57 was the only thing gone. Foot marks so somebody pushed it out bc the building never shook as it always does when I crank it up. Somebody saw that car on ebay and saw it for what it was worth. Maybe even hired someone to jack it. Took ins off bc I NEVER drive it.

11. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

that sucks that a shithole took your car, I hope you get it back in a decent condition and hope the peckerhead gets what he deserves!!

12. JamesG

JamesG

Sorry, but I bet that car is in Mexico about now.

13. scumbagbob

scumbagbob

14. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

How business oriented is the neighborhood? Any gas stations or anything that would have surveilance cameras pointed toward the streets? Also, if it had a big block and they planned on driving it, they might have had to fill up at a station and SOMEONE would remember seeing it. Good luck.

Brian

15. scumbagbob

scumbagbob

very small town. country, cajun small. pontoon bridge right by the shop...cameras by the new bridges heading towards the only way out.......I-10. Thanks. will check on the stations though.

-bob
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

16. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

it's a good time to be a theiving bastard... they have all the rights. if you caught them stealing it you are not allowed to beat them or shoot them, if you do then you become a bigger criminal than the thief in the eyes of the law.

theft of a collector car should be punishable by a good caning. like they do in singapore for spitttng on the street.

17. Sorry to hear about this....
    My only advice is to keep pushing the info on this car over the internet.
    Everywhere.
    Every message board, Craig's list...I mean everywhere.
    The internet has made the world such a small place, someone will see or hear something.

There was a guy over on the Jockey Journal who did this with a stolen Triumph and had it back in days.

Best of luck.

18. scumbagbob

scumbagbob

I like your style 49ratfink!!!! caning sounds good to me. Thanks for the post! ARG! And you all know that the po-pos aren't really doing much for me right now. How can I light a fire under their a#$?

19. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

hate to say check the x out make sure she didn't have anything to do with it. Sorry for you luck! I'll keep an eye out for it here in ga I have some buddies that deal in cars i'll let them know. I'll give them pics of your car> I hope you get it back in one peace

20. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

i'm not in the insurance industry or busting your chops but folks ya got to have insurance...agreed to value!!! i'm sick for your loss...hope ya get it back soon!

21. sick50ford

sick50ford
    from nor cal

thats so f*cked up. double serving with no insurance. sorry

22. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

If you find the shit eaters , i'll be happy to ride down for the ass kickin

23. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That sucks. From looking on yahoo maps and seeing where you are at I'd be asking the guys who are known to be out late at night or early in the morning if they saw a strange rig in the area.

Pickup with an enclosed trailer or some other rig that looked out of place at that hour.
    I'd be asking around the places on the route in as someone had to see something.

24. Butch M

Butch M

I am with texasred I'd be there for the ass kickin. keepin an eye out in kansas....

25. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

26. Thumper

Thumper

Another set of Ga. eyeballs looking out for it ...

27. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

this can be delt with..most theifs donot tell their family or wifes.."hey im going to go steal this car (or what ever) so if i dont come back home tonight call the cops"...think about this

so if you hand them a bit of street justice..whos going to know? and in some cases..whos going to care?..just leave the bastard where he will not even know where he is..if your nice enough to let him live that is.

sorry to hear about your car, and your situation..dam nice ride..hope it comes back home soon

28. crook

crook
    from Winder,Ga

Yep, what he said.

29. Super nice wagon! I hope you can track it down and get it back. Have you talked to everyone that lives across the street and in the neighborhood? Any enclosed car trailers seen in the area? There are lots of good suggestions that have been given so far but I'm with checking up on your ex-wife if it wasn't a amiable separation.

30. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN